Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 11

After ten weeks, the division race takes shape.  There are two teams atop the division:  the loathsome, detestable stinkin' tacks and our own wonderful, amazing, and generally swell Jacksonville Jaguars-both at 6-3.  As it currently stands, the tacks own the tiebreaker edge over the Jaguars, but there is still plenty of football left to play.  Meanwhile, Indy and Houston, both missing their starting QBs, take up the rear, at least two games back.  With this setting in mind, let's get to the picks.  Last week was a good week for most.  I had my own first 4-0 week.  Hopefully I- and the Jaguars- can stack some more wins this week.

tacks (6-3) at Steelers (7-2)-Under most circumstances, it would be easy for me to root against the Steelers.  I've hated them since 1978.   Their championships-and many of the wins they accumulated on the way to get them-are the NFL equivalent of WWE matches with the bogus officiating.  They even stand a game above the Jaguars in the playoff standings at the moment.  But as fate usually has it, there is often one time a year I find myself rooting for them out of necessity.  This is that time, as the tacks travel to Pittsburgh on a short week.  But when it comes to games that benefit the Jaguars, I will root for the Steelers with absolutely zero shame. A team traveling to Pittsburgh is usually in for a tough time.  A team traveling to Pittsburgh on a short week even more so. Steelers win 28-21.

Jaguars (6-3) at Browns (0-9)-For the past few weeks, I have speculated if the Jaguars could get through the Cincinnati and Chargers games, that could be a springboard to a 9-3 record by the Seattle game-the second of our upcoming three game home stretch.  However, that record presumes wins the next three games, the first of which is this week against Cleveland.  Even though the Browns are winless and this game falls under the "presumed win" category, somehow this game scares me.  The Jaguars have usually fared well against the Browns, and it seems as though we match up very well against them, especially our defense against their offense.  That match up seems to portend big sack numbers this week.  So why does this game scare me?  I can't quite put my finger on it. The Jaguars are banged up.   I know the Browns have talent on the defense, especially along the D-Line.  Undoubtedly, part of this fear comes from my experience as a Jaguars fan over this past decade.  But I have to remind myself this is a different Jaguars team.  Temperatures are forecast to drop from the mid 50s on Saturday, to a high of 36 on Sunday.  In the Jaguars first cold weather game of the season, the Jaguars win 20-7.

Cardinals (4-5) at Texans (3-6)-In a match up of two teams that are missing their starting QBs, the Cards travel to the Texans.  Both teams have been ravaged by injuries.  I know the Texans are at home, but I have a lot of respect for Bruce Arians.  I think the Cards can get it done on the road.  Cards 24, Texans 20.

Last Week:  4-0
Overall:  18-13?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jags Win 24-10

Steelers Win 27-17 (Mariota to pull his hamstring)

Texans - 17-10

Totally agree about the squealers and tacks.....two of the Jags long time enemies going at it you wish both could lose.
If there HAS to be a winner....pittsburgh I guess...we already had our way with them. squealers 24- tacks 17

I hope the Jags go to Ohio and take care of business.....brownies are taking on the role of a late season spoiler.
Go Jags! 35-10

dead birds and cows.....does it really matter?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

My picks this week.

Steelers
Jaguars
Cardinals <- This one can pretty much go either way.

Bonus pick this week.  The Colts lose on their bye.

Last week 4-0
Overall 22-9

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Titans will take care of the squeelers. Then Bortles will give the Browns their first win. Good times

(11-15-2017, 09:13 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: My picks this week.

Steelers
Jaguars
Cardinals <- This one can pretty much go either way.

Bonus pick this week.  The Colts lose on their bye.

Last week 4-0
Overall 22-9

Agreed on the Cards-Texans tilt.

For that matter, the Colts too.   Laughing

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Steelers over Titans
Jaguars over Browns
Texans over Cardinals

3-1 last week
23-8 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

3-1 Last week
17-14 Overall

Picks:
squeelers
Jags
tinhorns

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2017, 02:29 PM by snowwolf776.)

18-5 overall.  

both tittians,and steelers are good teams. both are on winning streaks. I do belieave though tittians streak ends.  -Steelers pull out a win

Cards over Texans. 

Jags over browns!!

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-15-2017, 12:41 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 18-5 overall.  

both tittians,and steelers are good teams. both are on winning streaks. I do belieave though tittians streak ends.  -Steelers pull out a win

Cards over Texans. 

I have a really really bad feeling about this sunday. Gibson did to much talking,jags are playing in clevland who has yet to win a game. Jags already lost twice this season to teams with loseing records. lost to 0- tittians,then lost to the 1-2 jets a couple weeks later. Browns are a loseing team. that means oh oh. I have confidence jags can beat teams like 3-0 steelers which they did,unddeafted Ravans which they did. I don't have confidence in them beating a bad team until they do. now with all that being said i truely belieave Jags will lose to browns.

I'm picking the browns this week.
No Wolfie!

But to your point about Jags not beating bad teams..... They shutout the Colts and beat the Bengals 23-7. Both of those teams are bad.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 01:52 PM by SeldomRite.)

I'll take the Jaguars, the tacks, and the texans.

The Jaguars success is easy to understand. I don't think the browns will be pushovers by any means, but I also don't think the Jaguars defense allows them a score before garbage time. I think the game could be 16-7 or something like that.

I'm not confident picking the tacks on Thursday, but I'll take them anyway because they seem to be a very lucky team, and luck matters on Thursday night games. Plus it'll allow the Jags to get to the second seed.

Texans and Cardinals is another toilet bowl game, but I'll take the texans to lower their selection order.

(11-15-2017, 12:41 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 18-5 overall.  

Cards over Texans. 

I have a really really bad feeling about this sunday. Gibson did to much talking,jags are playing in clevland who has yet to win a game. Jags already lost twice this season to teams with loseing records. lost to 0-1 tittians,then lost to the 1-2 jets a couple weeks later. Browns are a loseing team. that means oh oh. I have confidence jags can beat teams like 3-0 steelers which they did,unddeafted Ravans which they did. I don't have confidence in them beating a bad team until they do. now with all that being said i truely belieave Jags will lose to browns.

I'm picking the browns this week.
colts are without thier qb,if they had luck things would be diferent with thier record.  Bengals are a better team then thier record showed.  plus there is also another reason i picked the browns. I will explain after game on sunday.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Steelers
Jags
Cards (Gabbert vs Savage lol)

4-0 last week
21-10 overall
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2017, 04:05 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(11-15-2017, 04:49 AM)Bullseye Wrote: After ten weeks, the division race takes shape.  There are two teams atop the division:  the loathsome, detestable stinkin' tacks and our own wonderful, amazing, and generally swell Jacksonville Jaguars-both at 6-3.  As it currently stands, the tacks own the tiebreaker edge over the Jaguars, but there is still plenty of football left to play.  Meanwhile, Indy and Houston, both missing their starting QBs, take up the rear, at least two games back.  With this setting in mind, let's get to the picks.  Last week was a good week for most.  I had my own first 4-0 week.  Hopefully I- and the Jaguars- can stack some more wins this week.

tacks (6-3) at Steelers (7-2)-Under most circumstances, it would be easy for me to root against the Steelers.  I've hated them since 1978.   Their championships-and many of the wins they accumulated on the way to get them-are the NFL equivalent of WWE matches with the bogus officiating.  They even stand a game above the Jaguars in the playoff standings at the moment.  But as fate usually has it, there is often one time a year I find myself rooting for them out of necessity.  This is that time, as the tacks travel to Pittsburgh on a short week.  But when it comes to games that benefit the Jaguars, I will root for the Steelers with absolutely zero shame. A team traveling to Pittsburgh is usually in for a tough time.  A team traveling to Pittsburgh on a short week even more so. Steelers win 28-21.

Jaguars (6-3) at Browns (0-9)-For the past few weeks, I have speculated if the Jaguars could get through the Cincinnati and Chargers games, that could be a springboard to a 9-3 record by the Seattle game-the second of our upcoming three game home stretch.  However, that record presumes wins the next three games, the first of which is this week against Cleveland.  Even though the Browns are winless and this game falls under the "presumed win" category, somehow this game scares me.  The Jaguars have usually fared well against the Browns, and it seems as though we match up very well against them, especially our defense against their offense.  That match up seems to portend big sack numbers this week.  So why does this game scare me?  I can't quite put my finger on it. The Jaguars are banged up.   I know the Browns have talent on the defense, especially along the D-Line.  Undoubtedly, part of this fear comes from my experience as a Jaguars fan over this past decade.  But I have to remind myself this is a different Jaguars team.  Temperatures are forecast to drop from the mid 50s on Saturday, to a high of 36 on Sunday.  In the Jaguars first cold weather game of the season, the Jaguars win 20-7.

Cardinals (4-5) at Texans (3-6)-In a match up of two teams that are missing their starting QBs, the Cards travel to the Texans.  Both teams have been ravaged by injuries.  I know the Texans are at home, but I have a lot of respect for Bruce Arians.  I think the Cards can get it done on the road.  Cards 24, Texans 20.

Last Week:  4-0
Overall:  18-13?
Going with 'my heart' this week.
Steelers over Tacks
Jags over Browns (I am predicting a shutout for the Brownies, and low score for us)
Texans Cardinals? I guess Cardinals if Stanton plays. If its Gabs tho, definitely Texans. 

4-0 last week
12-1 overall

Edit: Gabs is starting, give me the Texans.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-15-2017, 07:50 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Going with 'my heart' this week.
Steelers over Tacks
Jags over Browns (I am predicting a shutout for the Brownies, and low score for us)
Texans Cardinals? I guess Cardinals if Stanton plays. If its Gabs tho, definitely Texans.

4-0 last week
12-1 overall

Yeah but lets remember Houston is starting Savage...
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(11-15-2017, 08:02 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 07:50 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Going with 'my heart' this week.
Steelers over Tacks

4-0 last week
12-1 overall

Yeah but lets remember Houston is starting Savage...
I know, but there is no way I can pick a team starting Gabbert to win. Its pretty much impossible without historically good run game and defense. And Arizona just isn't good enough at either of those things for me to do it. If Gabs starts I go with Texans, for better or worse.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Last week: 4-0

Overall: 24-7

Jaguars

Steelers

Texans
'02

4-0 last week, 23-8 overall.

Jaguars over Browns  (come on, don't let us down!)

Titans over Steelers  (Steelers are over-rated and soft)

Texans over Cardinals  (coin toss)

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Browns over jags
Squealers over Tacks
Texans over Cards

21-10 so far! Yeehaw!

Steelers
Jaguars
Texans