Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will Jags pursue Tyrod Taylor?

Taylor has just been benched in Buffalo, making the chances of him returning next year pretty slim. Obviously this all depends on how Bortles performs for the rest of the year, but I think there's a strong chance that we would be interested in the off season.

He's a guy with a low turnover rate, great mobility, and the ability to throw it deep, all attributes that our FO is clearly looking for...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He'll no, he got benched for a 5th round rookie lol. We will go after Brees or Cousins if we are going after a FA QB

The Bills are trying to break the record for consecutive idiotic decisions it would appear.

We should absolutely pick up Tyrod this offseason. Tyrod or the loser of the Bridgewater/Keenum battle in Minnesota + a 1st round rookie QB would be awesome for next year.

Bills are going full tank
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 06:57 PM by ColoJag.)

Tyrod in this system would be great he just needs to throw short to intermediate passes and not make stupid decisions.

(11-15-2017, 06:56 PM)Achilles Wrote: Bills are going full tank

They would be in the playoffs if they started today......

(11-15-2017, 06:56 PM)Achilles Wrote: Bills are going full tank

They just traded for KB

He'd be perfect for what we're trying to do.  

One of the best QBs in the league at not turning it over. Big arm, elite running the ball and keeping plays alive. Good deep ball, good leader etc etc. 

Out of every QB we could possibly get for next year Tyrod is probably the best fit. Get him and draft a rookie.

The problem with Tyrod throwing a deep ball is that he never does it...
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He gets benched for a 5th round rookie and people want him lol. Taylor isn't a good QB. Have y'all seen the Bill last few games? He isn't a good QB. If rather Cousin any day of the week

(11-15-2017, 08:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He gets benched for a 5th round rookie and people want him lol.  Taylor isn't a good QB.  Have y'all seen the Bill last few games?  He isn't a good QB.  If rather Cousin any day of the week

The entire bills team has stunk the last while. They have an awful line, bad receivers , bad defense etc etc.  

Well yeah Cousins is a better QB, he'd be preferred. Tyrod is still good (better than what we have at very least) and fits us very well.

(11-15-2017, 06:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He'll no, he got benched for a 5th round rookie lol.  We will go after Brees or Cousins if we are going after a FA QB
Bree's ain't happening. Now way he leaves New Orleans.

Cousins is obviously tempting, but you're looking at a massive contract, the kind of contract that would prohibit us from resigning our young stars. I don't see the FO going that direction.

Taylor would be affordable and fits the bill for what we are looking for. I think its a real possibility.

No one is saying Tyrod is better than Cousins, but Tyrod should get a manageable contract while Cousins is going to get the biggest contract in history.

(11-15-2017, 08:35 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 06:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He'll no, he got benched for a 5th round rookie lol.  We will go after Brees or Cousins if we are going after a FA QB

Cousins is obviously tempting, but you're looking at a massive contract, the kind of contract that would prohibit us from resigning our young stars. I don't see the FO going that direction.

Taylor would be affordable and fits the bill for what we are looking for. I think its a real possibility.

Yep Brees is a pipe dream. The Saints are a true superbowl contender this year and for the next while. He isn't gonna leave.

(11-15-2017, 08:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He gets benched for a 5th round rookie and people want him lol. Taylor isn't a good QB. Have y'all seen the Bill last few games? He isn't a good QB. If rather Cousin any day of the week

And Marcell Dareus got benched for an undrafted 2nd year player. Obviously we screwed up big time going after him.

See how that line of logic can go...maybe the Bills just are that dumb or shortsighted.

(11-15-2017, 08:18 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 08:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He gets benched for a 5th round rookie and people want him lol.  Taylor isn't a good QB.  Have y'all seen the Bill last few games?  He isn't a good QB.  If rather Cousin any day of the week

The entire bills team has stunk the last while. They have an awful line, bad receivers , bad defense etc etc.  

Well yeah Cousins is a better QB, he'd be preferred. Tyrod is still good (better than what we have at very least) and fits us very well.

(11-15-2017, 08:49 PM)Upper Wrote:

And Marcell Dareus got benched for an undrafted 2nd year player. Obviously we screwed up big time going after him.

See how that line of logic can go...maybe the Bills just are that dumb or shortsighted.

We went and got Dareus because he is good.  We won't go after Taylor

(11-15-2017, 09:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 08:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: The entire bills team has stunk the last while. They have an awful line, bad receivers , bad defense etc etc.  

(11-15-2017, 08:49 PM)Upper Wrote: And Marcell Dareus got benched for an undrafted 2nd year player. Obviously we screwed up big time going after him.

We went and got Dareus because he is good.  We won't go after Taylor

Strong argument.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 09:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Gonna go out on a limb and say their 5th round Petterman is a better option than Taylor. I honestly thought Petterman was going to be in a Jags jersey this year but Buf. got a steal in the 5th

(11-15-2017, 08:35 PM)JagJohn Wrote:

So what do you think the price difference contract wise would be between the 2?

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 09:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

The Bills know a bad QB as good as anyone.

The Bills fans sure are happy he got benched for the 5th round rookie but a few of you guys want him, lol.
A few classic Jags fans lol

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthr...he-starter

If Taylor was any good don't you guys think the Bills fans would be pissed about this move? 90% of the Bills fans were hated the Dareus move but they sure love this one and for good reason, it give them hope

(11-15-2017, 09:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Bills know a bad QB as good as anyone.

The Bills fans sure are happy he got benched for the 5th round rookie but a few of you guys want him, lol.  

If Taylor was any good don't you guys think the Bills fans would be pissed about this move?  90% of the Bills fans were hated the Dareus move but they sure love this one and for good reason, it give them hope
This is a good example of "the grass is always greener" in my eyes. They installed a scheme that doesn't suit Tyrod at all, gave him an awful Oline and really bad (once Clay went) receivers to work with. Quite hard for any QB to succeed like that.  

What I will say is although Peterman isn't very good he'll at least have a scheme more suited to him. I'd imagine he'll be eaten alive against the chargers as is expected.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 10:07 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-15-2017, 09:57 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 09:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Bills know a bad QB as good as anyone.

If Taylor was any good don't you guys think the Bills fans would be pissed about this move?  90% of the Bills fans were hated the Dareus move but they sure love this one and for good reason, it give them hope
This is a good example of "the grass is always greener" in my eyes. They installed a scheme that doesn't suit Tyrod at all, gave him an awful Oline and really bad (once Clay went) receivers to work with. Quite hard for any QB to succeed like that.  

What I will say is although Peterman isn't very good he'll at least have a scheme more suited to him. I'd imagine he'll be eaten alive against the chargers as is expected.
Awful oline?  Glenn, Dawkins, Incognito....  I wouldn't call that an awful oline. Shady is there too. Are you sure its the WR and not the QB? I think their WR corp is pretty decent