Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will Jags pursue Tyrod Taylor?

(11-16-2017, 12:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 01:55 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 12:02 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Blake is better even on his worst year.  Not even counting when he led the league by a large margin of 20 yards or more 2 years ago.  

Watch at 4:15

Yep they haven't been able to do anything in the passing game this year. Combination of schemes, receivers, bad line and Tyrod not playing well. 

Objectively incorrect that Bortles is better at throwing even in his worst years. Tyrod was one of the best deep ball passers in 2015 and 2016. He has a really good deep ball. 

Try again...

[

But he is, in Bortles worst year which was lat year he had 43 pass of 20+yards to Taylor's 33  not to mention almost 1000 more passing yards.  Talor was 27th in passing yards last year, look what Goff is doing with the same WR's.  You keep saying this year like he was good last year lol.
Lmao, Bortles threw 625 times last year, he was 27th in deep ball accuracy and 26th in deep ball passer rating.  
In 2015 (Tyrods best year) he threw the highest % of deep passes in the league, had the 10th best accuracy, 2nd most touchdowns and had the highest rating on deep throws. 
So eh no Bortles worst year throwing deep was not better than Tyrods best.  
You can do better than this buddy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-16-2017, 10:19 AM)FBT Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 11:34 PM)Achilles Wrote: Peterman is not going to give them a better chance to win than tyrod. Taylor is the better NFL qb, I think he's an upgrade from bortles as well.

If cousins or whatever top options are gone, we could do a lot worse than tyrod.

Hopefully the logic inside the front office is a little more sound than this.

Just because the guy is an upgrade for Bortles, that doesn't mean we should pursue him.  I think the team should be aiming a little higher than picking the winner of the tallest midget competition.  Taylor may be marginally better at times than Bortles, but he's not a franchise guy, and that's what this team really needs to identify.  I seriously doubt they'd go out in free agency and overspend on a guy who is an upgrade to this football team on par with adding a cassette deck to a Yugo.

I don't think he's going to be that expensive. I still expect the jags to draft a QB, any veteran we come up with I would assume is a stop gap.

Tyrod isn't my first choice, but if he's all that's left, I'd rather have him than bortles until a young replacement is ready.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017, 01:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-16-2017, 12:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: Lmao, Bortles threw 625 times last year, he was 27th in deep ball accuracy and 26th in deep ball passer rating.  
In 2015 (Tyrods best year) he threw the highest % of deep passes in the league, had the 10th best accuracy, 2nd most touchdowns and had the highest rating on deep throws. 

When you can't run the football you have to throw, the last thing you want from Taylor because he cant move the football.  Bortles will throw some picks but at least he can move the football down the field when he has to throw.  You mean the 2015 were Bortles cracked the top 60 in the top 100 and the 2015 that Bortles led the league in 20+ by a good margin, Bortles 72 to Taylors 45.

(11-16-2017, 12:43 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 10:19 AM)FBT Wrote: Hopefully the logic inside the front office is a little more sound than this.

Just because the guy is an upgrade for Bortles, that doesn't mean we should pursue him.  I think the team should be aiming a little higher than picking the winner of the tallest midget competition.  Taylor may be marginally better at times than Bortles, but he's not a franchise guy, and that's what this team really needs to identify.  I seriously doubt they'd go out in free agency and overspend on a guy who is an upgrade to this football team on par with adding a cassette deck to a Yugo.

I don't think he's going to be that expensive. I still expect the jags to draft a QB, any veteran we come up with I would assume is a stop gap.

Tyrod isn't my first choice, but if he's all that's left, I'd rather have him than bortles until a young replacement is ready.
I think Taylor goes to the Browns, and they draft Barkley.  They wanted Taylor the beggining of the year

(11-16-2017, 01:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 12:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: Lmao, Bortles threw 625 times last year, he was 27th in deep ball accuracy and 26th in deep ball passer rating.  

When you can't run the football you have to throw, the last thing you want from Taylor because he cant move the football.  Bortles will throw some picks but at least he can move the football down the field when he has to throw.  You mean the 2015 were Bortles cracked the top 60 in the top 100 and the 2015 that Bortles led the league in 20+ by a good margin, Bortles 72 to Taylors 45.
You're not even sure what you're arguing about anymore.  

Bortles was a great deep ball passer in 2015. Tyrod was too. You said Bortles worst year as a deep ball passer was better than Tyrods best. Which was proven false. 

I care very little about the NFLs top 100 rankings. Especially when it's Irrelevant to the discussion.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017, 01:49 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-16-2017, 01:05 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 01:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: When you can't run the football you have to throw, the last thing you want from Taylor because he cant move the football.  Bortles will throw some picks but at least he can move the football down the field when he has to throw.  You mean the 2015 were Bortles cracked the top 60 in the top 100 and the 2015 that Bortles led the league in 20+ by a good margin, Bortles 72 to Taylors 45.
You're not even sure what you're arguing about anymore.  

Bortles was a great deep ball passer in 2015. Tyrod was too. You said Bortles worst year as a deep ball passer was better than Tyrods best. Which was proven false. 

I care very little about the NFLs top 100 rankings. Especially when it's Irrelevant to the discussion.

A lot has changed from 2 years ago.  Teams have a lot of tape on Taylor and if you keep him in the pocket he can't move the football.  If the running game isn't going you wont be moving the football.  Crazy how much it sounds like Bortles except the only difference is Bortles can move the football down the field with a higher turnover rate and Taylor cant really move the ball down the field but dont really turn the ball over.  Taylor has 1 career game over 300 yards passing, Bortles has 12 lol. Taylor is the type of QB that wear your defense out

I'd rather take a flyer on Teddy
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I actually think Tyrod is the perfect fit for this team. I’m just not sure he is much better than Blake longterm. No doubt we need a QB but pickings have been slim in the draft and waiver wire. I hope we can avoid the window closing due to lack of a QB. I guess we’ll find out if Dave is really about sustainability.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017, 07:29 PM by Upper.)

(11-16-2017, 01:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A lot has changed from 2 years ago. 

The only thing that's changed the past 2 years is that Bortles became the dead last worst deep passer in the league.

Ethan Young‏ @NFLDrafter
Worst Deep Completion Percentage (20+ yards downfield) this year:
1. Blake Bortles: 14.3% 2. Eli Manning: 17.9% 3. Jay Cutler: 18.2%

Pat Thorman‏
@Pat_Thorman
In '16, Blake Bortles' passer rating on 68 deep attempts (17.5) was less than half what it would've been if every pass landed out of bounds.

(11-16-2017, 06:38 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'd rather take a flyer on Teddy

Me too but by all accounts the Vikings still view him as the franchise QB. Don't think he's gonna hit the market.

(11-16-2017, 03:27 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: The Jaguars have been trying for two years to make Bortles into what Taylor already is.

I’ll gladly take him for $9-10M a year.

(11-16-2017, 07:27 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 01:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A lot has changed from 2 years ago. 

The only thing that's changed the past 2 years is that Bortles became the dead last worst deep passer in the league.

Ethan Young‏ @NFLDrafter
Worst Deep Completion Percentage (20+ yards downfield) this year:
1. Blake Bortles: 14.3% 2. Eli Manning: 17.9% 3. Jay Cutler: 18.2%

Pat Thorman‏
@Pat_Thorman
In '16, Blake Bortles' passer rating on 68 deep attempts (17.5) was less than half what it would've been if every pass landed out of bounds.

(11-16-2017, 06:38 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'd rather take a flyer on Teddy

Me too but by all accounts the Vikings still view him as the franchise QB. Don't think he's gonna hit the market.
Taylor is the worst on 15+

Don't want him. Don't get the hype.

A buddy of mine is a Bills fan and thinks he's trash.

I don't want to take a chance on any quarterback that a large portion of the fan base thinks is trash.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017, 10:42 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-16-2017, 10:31 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: A buddy of mine is a Bills fan and thinks he's trash.

I don't want to take a chance on any quarterback that a large portion of the fan base thinks is trash.

Agree, I'm sure they have seen enough of him to know he isn't very good. The plan is to improve the QB position, signing him would be a lateral move at best. Not gonna happen

I'm thinking Titans would be a good spot for him, maybe they are looking to upgrade

(11-16-2017, 01:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 01:05 PM)JackCity Wrote: You're not even sure what you're arguing about anymore.  

A lot has changed from 2 years ago.  Teams have a lot of tape on Taylor and if you keep him in the pocket he can't move the football.  If the running game isn't going you wont be moving the football.  Crazy how much it sounds like Bortles except the only difference is Bortles can move the football down the field with a higher turnover rate and Taylor cant really move the ball down the field but dont really turn the ball over.  Taylor has 1 career game over 300 yards passing, Bortles has 12 lol.  Taylor is the type of QB that wear your defense out
It's just you said in Bortles worst year he is better at throwing the deep ball than Tyrod. Objectively false.  

Tyrod ain't a superstar. He's around average. What he does do is have a perfect skillset for us. Ideally we'd draft Mayfield,Rosen,Lamar or sign Kirk. If not I'd much rather go with Tyrod and his skillset than try force Blake into a role he isn't suited for at all.

Tyrod would be a pretty good fit for this offense, but I think the team will go after Bradford or Keenum in FA.

Nah, coughlin doesnt pursue mediocrity

(11-16-2017, 11:18 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Tyrod would be a pretty good fit for this offense, but I think the team will go after Bradford or Keenum in FA.

Can you trust Bradford at all at this point?

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017, 11:43 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

1 career game over 300 yards in 3 years, can't move the football, not a pocket passer. Sounds like a great fit if Gene Smith was running the show

(11-16-2017, 11:16 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 01:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A lot has changed from 2 years ago.  Teams have a lot of tape on Taylor and if you keep him in the pocket he can't move the football.  If the running game isn't going you wont be moving the football.  Crazy how much it sounds like Bortles except the only difference is Bortles can move the football down the field with a higher turnover rate and Taylor cant really move the ball down the field but dont really turn the ball over.  Taylor has 1 career game over 300 yards passing, Bortles has 12 lol.  Taylor is the type of QB that wear your defense out
It's just you said in Bortles worst year he is better at throwing the deep ball than Tyrod. Objectively false.  

Tyrod ain't a superstar. He's around average. What he does do is have a perfect skillset for us. Ideally we'd draft Mayfield,Rosen,Lamar or sign Kirk. If not I'd much rather go with Tyrod and his skillset than try force Blake into a role he isn't suited for at all.

(11-16-2017, 11:38 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 11:18 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Tyrod would be a pretty good fit for this offense, but I think the team will go after Bradford or Keenum in FA.

Not for his health, but Keenum you can.  Would love Keenum , loved Keenum coming out of college.

(11-16-2017, 11:38 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

Def can't, but for a cheap 1 year incentive based prove it deal I'd prob bite.

(11-16-2017, 11:56 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 11:38 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Can you trust Bradford at all at this point?

Def can't, but for a cheap 1 year incentive based prove it deal I'd prob bite.

Man, I just don’t know about that. I’m not sure he’s good enough when healthy to take on the health risk.