Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent

(11-20-2017, 10:35 PM)rollerjag Wrote: If you guys are equating Franken to Weinstein, Moore and Trump, two of whom are accused of a pattern of sexual harassment and assault, and the third bragging about it, remember two details not shared by the other three:

1.  Franken admitted to his actions and apologized to his first accuser. and...

Quote:...he has supported calls from both Democrats and Republicans for the Senate Ethics Committee to investigate.

2. His victim accepted his apology.

As for his most recent accuser, who said he grabbed her butt, Franken has thus far not issued a denial, only regret if he offended.

Contrast this with Weinstein, accused by several women of rape and sexual assault like Moore, who was also accused of child molestation, Moore denying all accusations, and Trump, who was recorded  bragging about it.

If any one of you are fooled into this false equivalency as anything more than a distraction from the real issue, you are just plain stupid. He acted creepy, and may justifiably lose his job, but it was a far cry from those other three.

You comparing Trump to Weinstein is absurd.

1. What's the point of this one if Moore has denied his accusations? It has to be one of two different things... you think apologizing for sexually assaulting someone (but only after you've been outed by your victim) makes it any better, or you think admitting to it even if you didn't do it is better than not admitting to it. What kind of argument is this anyway?

2. What if Moore admitted to his actions, but his victims don't forgive him? Is it somehow worse now?

3. There have been 613 allegations made to the ethics committee between 2007 and 2016. There have been ZERO sanctions levied against anyone. Franken is being smart. He knows nothing will happen, and all the while, he'll get to trick people into thinking someone is looking into his behavior. Nothing will happen and it isn't because Franken is innocent. 

4. Just so we're clear, I think Moore should drop out. But Trump didn't do or say anything that puts him on their level. Nice try equating them, but you can't get that out of what he said unless you just change the meaning of the words he used.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Now unctuous old Charlie Rose is on the fire. A real perv, too.

(11-21-2017, 02:40 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 10:35 PM)rollerjag Wrote: If you guys are equating Franken to Weinstein, Moore and Trump, two of whom are accused of a pattern of sexual harassment and assault, and the third bragging about it, remember two details not shared by the other three:

As for his most recent accuser, who said he grabbed her butt, Franken has thus far not issued a denial, only regret if he offended.

Contrast this with Weinstein, accused by several women of rape and sexual assault like Moore, who was also accused of child molestation, Moore denying all accusations, and Trump, who was recorded  bragging about it.

If any one of you are fooled into this false equivalency as anything more than a distraction from the real issue, you are just plain stupid. He acted creepy, and may justifiably lose his job, but it was a far cry from those other three.

You comparing Trump to Weinstein is absurd.

1. What's the point of this one if Moore has denied his accusations? It has to be one of two different things... you think apologizing for sexually assaulting someone (but only after you've been outed by your victim) makes it any better, or you think admitting to it even if you didn't do it is better than not admitting to it. What kind of argument is this anyway?

2. What if Moore admitted to his actions, but his victims don't forgive him? Is it somehow worse now?

3. There have been 613 allegations made to the ethics committee between 2007 and 2016. There have been ZERO sanctions levied against anyone. Franken is being smart. He knows nothing will happen, and all the while, he'll get to trick people into thinking someone is looking into his behavior. Nothing will happen and it isn't because Franken is innocent. 

4. Just so we're clear, I think Moore should drop out. But Trump didn't do or say anything that puts him on their level. Nice try equating them, but you can't get that out of what he said unless you just change the meaning of the words he used.

Trump bragged about doing pretty much exactly what Franken is accused of doing, though I'm sure you will twist yourself into a knot trying to say he really wasn't admitting to actually doing anything.

I'm bringing up Moore and Trump because the outcry against Franken from the right, led by Trump tweets, is nothing but a deflection away from scrutiny of their boys. What Trump bragged about is not on the level of the other two, but worse than Franken, because he bragged about it, not apologized.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-21-2017, 07:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Now unctuous old Charlie Rose is on the fire. A real perv, too.

It appears some men in power tend to have issues. It's a problem dating back to the stone age.l
- Bob Marley

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2017, 05:59 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

(11-24-2017, 04:06 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 07:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Now unctuous old Charlie Rose is on the fire. A real perv, too.

It appears some men in power tend to have issues. It's a problem dating back to the stone age.l

No, it's more like men with issues seek power.

Quote:...he has supported calls from both Democrats and Republicans for the Senate Ethics Committee to investigate.

Assault is assault. Period. There is no 'better' or 'worse,' Only in the legal system do they categorize it for punishment purposes but it's ugly and brutal all the same. The same goes for murder. Murder is the same whether it's first, second, or third degree; whether premeditated or spur of the moment. Dead is dead.

And Trump would probably brag about having a small penis if he thought it would get him anywhere. 99% of what comes out of his mouth is suspect at best.

(11-24-2017, 04:04 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 02:40 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: You comparing Trump to Weinstein is absurd.

Trump bragged about doing pretty much exactly what Franken is accused of doing, though I'm sure you will twist yourself into a knot trying to say he really wasn't admitting to actually doing anything.

I'm bringing up Moore and Trump because the outcry against Franken from the right, led by Trump tweets, is nothing but a deflection away from scrutiny of their boys. What Trump bragged about is not on the level of the other two, but worse than Franken, because he bragged about it, not apologized.

Trump claimed that they (the girls) would let "you" (meaning "one") grab them by the [BLEEP]. He didn't say that he did it. Even if you extrapolate actual sexual activity from his statement, what was talked about involved women giving permission. That's far more acceptable than sexual assault without permission, which is exactly what Franken did.

And Franken "apologized" where there was actual photographic evidence. Wow, such a show of character. Of course, just like everyone else accused of sexual assault, he didn't admit to the other claims. So holding him up as a paragon of virtue because he gave an apology is pure spin.

I agree that what Franken did was not in the same league with Weinstein's actions. But don't make him out to be the victim here.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

The witch hunt is underway, as expected after that "me too" thing took off.

(11-25-2017, 12:41 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 04:04 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Trump bragged about doing pretty much exactly what Franken is accused of doing, though I'm sure you will twist yourself into a knot trying to say he really wasn't admitting to actually doing anything.

Trump claimed that they (the girls) would let "you" (meaning "one") grab them by the [BLEEP]. He didn't say that he did it. Even if you extrapolate actual sexual activity from his statement, what was talked about involved women giving permission. That's far more acceptable than sexual assault without permission, which is exactly what Franken did.

And Franken "apologized" where there was actual photographic evidence. Wow, such a show of character. Of course, just like everyone else accused of sexual assault, he didn't admit to the other claims. So holding him up as a paragon of virtue because he gave an apology is pure spin.

I agree that what Franken did was not in the same league with Weinstein's actions. But don't make him out to be the victim here.

Good grief, how do you manage to breathe tied up in that knot? He knows he can do it, from experience.

There was no attempt on my part to portray Franken as a victim, he's not. It's Trump who went on a Twitter campaign against Franken to deflect attention from the Moore situation, classic Trump that gets lapped up by his minions. That's my whole point.
- Bob Marley

Ted Cruz saying he has no problem with Roy Moore being in the senate while also condemning Franken in the same 5 mins is exactly what's wrong with the political system.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2017, 03:05 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(12-01-2017, 02:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: Ted Cruz saying he has no problem with Roy Moore being in the senate while also condemning Franken in the same 5 mins is exactly what's wrong with the political system.

Well, Moore denies the allegations, and Franken admitted to them. They're not the same thing.

Having said that, they're all hypocrites, and there are a lot more examples we can use to explain what's wrong with the political system. They have no fear of consequences, and that empowers them.

(12-01-2017, 03:04 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 02:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: Ted Cruz saying he has no problem with Roy Moore being in the senate while also condemning Franken in the same 5 mins is exactly what's wrong with the political system.

Well, Moore denies the allegations, and Franken admitted to them. They're not the same thing.

Having said that, they're all hypocrites, and there are a lot more examples we can use to explain what's wrong with the political system. They have no fear of consequences, and that empowers them.
Moore is a scumbag.

Cruz has always been very carefull with the Trump base. Doesn't want to offend the yahoos. He's positioning himself as the heir to those voters when Donald retires/quits/gets impeached and convicted/dies on a golf course/whatever.

I see Cruz and Pence fighting for the same group of voters post Trump.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(12-01-2017, 04:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 03:04 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Well, Moore denies the allegations, and Franken admitted to them. They're not the same thing.

Moore is a scumbag.

That doesn't change the argument.

(12-01-2017, 06:00 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 04:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Moore is a scumbag.

That doesn't change the argument.

They're both scumbags. How's that?

(12-01-2017, 06:07 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 06:00 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: That doesn't change the argument.

They're both scumbags. How's that?

I don't really care that people think he's a scumbag because he looks like he may be one.

It just doesn't make sense to equate Franken with Moore when one denies everything while the other admitted to it.

That's all I'm saying.

(12-01-2017, 06:25 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 06:07 PM)TJBender Wrote: They're both scumbags. How's that?

I don't really care that people think he's a scumbag because he looks like he may be one.

It just doesn't make sense to equate Franken with Moore when one denies everything while the other admitted to it.

That's all I'm saying.

Both have highly credible accusers. Franken's got photographic evidence that, frankly, should have gotten him kicked out of Congress. Moore shouldn't be allowed there in the first place, and it will say a lot about us if a sexual predator of teenagers makes it to Congress.

It's worth mentioning that Marco Rubio apparently agrees that Moore is a scumbag, and has said that if Moore does make it to Congress, it would immediately start inquiries that would end badly for him.

It's finally caught up to Franken, who will step down tomorrow.

Hey GOP, you sure you want to throw your support behind a man who loves him some teenage bleep and doesn't care if they love his crinkly old man junk back?

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2017, 09:48 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(12-07-2017, 01:11 AM)TJBender Wrote: It's finally caught up to Franken, who will step down tomorrow.

Hey GOP, you sure you want to throw your support behind a man who loves him some teenage bleep and doesn't care if they love  his crinkly old man junk back?

With all the lies that are routinely spun from the left, who really knows anymore.

I mean the left straight-up lies to people. And when they get called out on it with factual information - they just call everyone a racist or sexist and the whole left just blindly agrees with no thought or research.

I can't even read Huffington Post without laughing uproariously at the headlines they use. It's just trash.

And before you bring up breitbart and that crap - Breitbart isn't automatically loaded on smart phones. HuffPo is.

Franken could not continue as a Senator, since everywhere he goes people are doing the booby-honk at him. Hey, Al, there's a woman over there who looks sleepy. Why dontcha go honk her boobs a few times for laughs? Several other women have confirmed that Al's standard picture taking move is to grab a handful of buttock.

Even so, you have "feminists" like Kate Harding, who posted: “I’m a feminist. I study rape culture. And I don’t want Al Franken to resign.” She rehashes what Steinem wrote 20 years ago: These are our guys, we must protect them especially if there’s a risk one could be replaced by a Republican. “If we set this precedent in the interest of demonstrating our party’s solidarity with harassed and abused women, we’re only going to drain the swamp of people who, however flawed, still regularly vote to protect women’s rights and freedoms.”