Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
School nixes boy's 'Fake News' T-shirt on field trip to CNN

(11-21-2017, 04:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Wasn't there an outcry, some from conservatives or Republicans here, when middle schoolers wouldn't pose for a photo with Paul Ryan?

It goes both ways, in my opinion they should let this kid wear the shirt. Maybe it will spark a discussion.

My first grade class was the first year my school system integrated. We still had duck and cover drills. During my elementary school years I witnessed riots at the Democratic National Convention, freedom marches, race riots, draft card and bra burning rallies on TV. I saw SDS rallies on a local college campus. In middle school it was Watergate and the end of the Vietnam War. We discussed these things in our family. It is even more impossible to shield kids from politics now.

Wearing a T-shirt to CNN that sports a common complaint about CNN is more in the humor category. If the counter example was about posing with Trump with an "Orange Emperor" shirt it would be a better analogy.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-23-2017, 11:21 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 04:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Wasn't there an outcry, some from conservatives or Republicans here, when middle schoolers wouldn't pose for a photo with Paul Ryan?

It goes both ways, in my opinion they should let this kid wear the shirt. Maybe it will spark a discussion.

My first grade class was the first year my school system integrated. We still had duck and cover drills. During my elementary school years I witnessed riots at the Democratic National Convention, freedom marches, race riots, draft card and bra burning rallies on TV. I saw SDS rallies on a local college campus. In middle school it was Watergate and the end of the Vietnam War. We discussed these things in our family. It is even more impossible to shield kids from politics now.

Wearing a T-shirt to CNN that sports a common complaint about CNN is more in the humor category. If the counter example was about posing with Trump with an "Orange Emperor" shirt it would be a better analogy.

Incorrect, as usual when evaluating my points. Both were political statements by children.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-23-2017, 07:33 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-23-2017, 11:21 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Wearing a T-shirt to CNN that sports a common complaint about CNN is more in the humor category. If the counter example was about posing with Trump with an "Orange Emperor" shirt it would be a better analogy.

Incorrect, as usual when evaluating my points. Both were political statements by children.

So you think making fun of CNN is a "political statement"?

That means that you admit that CNN is a political entity.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"