Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Snowflake Students Triggered Over 1970s Steve Martin Song ‘King Tut’

This PC crap is getting out of hand...........

Snowflake Students Triggered Over 1970s Steve Martin Song ‘King Tut’

One more example of how times have changed during the nation’s slow drift into the leftist totalitarian dystopia that is in our future is how students at an Oregon liberal arts college have reacted to a 1978 song and skit by comedian Steve Martin.

https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/snowfl...g-king-tut
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They interrupt every class because Steve Martin once wrote a funny song about Egypt.

Why do schools allow them to interrupt classrooms because they're upset?

(11-17-2017, 04:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Why do schools allow them to interrupt classrooms because they're upset?

The better question is... why are we raising a generation of whiners, criers, and complainers.
When did we decide that being so soft was OK?

My kids are 8, 12, and 15...
And they don't get their feelings hurt as much as these college kids.

Jeebus Jiminy

They are triggered by a song that no one has listened to in 40 years??
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

People are so butt hurt over the stupidest things. They just need to develop thicker skin or life is gonna kick them in the butt.

The glorification of victimhood continues apace.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-17-2017, 04:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Why do schools allow them to interrupt classrooms because they're upset?

Because it reinforces the sanctimony of the teachers who instilled this unthinking behavior into them.

Next, they'll be trying to ban "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", because it glorifies someone with a facial deformity. People are so nit-picky, you can find offensive things in everything if you go out purposely looking for it.

(11-17-2017, 10:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Next, they'll be trying to ban "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", because it glorifies someone with a facial deformity. People are so nit-picky, you can find offensive things in everything if you go out purposely looking for it.

To go along with that, people have gotten such thin skin and can't laugh at themselves.  Anyone remember pollock jokes?  What if a sitcom like All in the Family came out today?

We used to be a society that would laugh and have fun with what so many snowflakes today find "offensive".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

If you guys were to ever read Ted Kaczynski's manifesto a lot of what is happening now would make more sense. I watched Manhunt, a Discovery channel series based on the FBI's search and capture of him and was interested to read his manifesto. I got a Kindle version of that and an earlier essay he wrote in the 70's. I'm only in the first chapter of the essay and the insight he had is scary freaky. Especially on the subject of educators.

(11-18-2017, 07:57 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 10:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Next, they'll be trying to ban "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", because it glorifies someone with a facial deformity. People are so nit-picky, you can find offensive things in everything if you go out purposely looking for it.

To go along with that, people have gotten such thin skin and can't laugh at themselves.  Anyone remember pollock jokes?  What if a sitcom like All in the Family came out today?

We used to be a society that would laugh and have fun with what so many snowflakes today find "offensive".

People made fun of Jackson Pollock?

I have heard of Polack jokes, however.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Wait.

People are offended by this?

Someone needs to put that on an endless loop and let's see if we can make their heads explode.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(11-21-2017, 01:45 PM)FBT Wrote: Wait.

People are offended by this?

Someone needs to put that on an endless loop and let's see if we can make their heads explode.

Well to be fair, the saxophonist In the sarcophagus was in goldface.. I bet gold people do in fact find that offensive.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]