Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You can not make this stuff up. "Transracial"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/17/whi...ipino.html

"Ja Du, a transgender white person from New Orleans, also claims to be transracial and identifies as Filipino.

Du was born Adam Wheeler and grew up loving Filipino food and culture -- so much so Du now identifies as Filipino, even driving a purple motorized rickshaw Du called a Tuk Tuk, an Asian-derived vehicle used for public transit in the Philippines."

My next question is... doesn't this violate that whole cultural appropriation garbage?

I wonder if this identifying thing works like... I now identify as a millionaire!

....I'll get back to you guys when my bank account gets extra zeroes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Don't forget Rachel Anne Dolezal, She's transracial, a white woman identifying as a black chick
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Mental disorders are running rampant.

Philipino is not a race.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I read the article. In this case as well as Rachelle Dolezal, Filipinos and blacks, respectively, are offended by these two. And, rightfully so. So, if it’s acceptable to be offended as a black person or Filipino by someone identifying as their race who was BORN white, why is it so socially unacceptable to be offended by a man or woman who identifies as the other when they are BORN the opposite? Seems like a double standard. I shouldn’t be judged as a homophobe or whatever if I think the Bruce Jenner’s of the world are mentally ill.

Who cares? Live and let live.

(11-17-2017, 09:14 PM)Jags Wrote: I read the article.  In this case as well as Rachelle Dolezal, Filipinos and blacks, respectively, are offended by these two.  And, rightfully so.  So, if it’s acceptable to be offended as a black person or Filipino by someone identifying as their race who was BORN white, why is it so socially unacceptable to be offended by a man or woman who identifies as the other when they are BORN the opposite?  Seems like a double standard.  I shouldn’t be judged as a homophobe or whatever if I think the Bruce Jenner’s of the world are mentally ill.

I agree.  Someone who "identifies" themselves as something they are not whether it's gender, race, etc. is just not right in the head.  I saw an "article" a while back where an older man "identifies" as an 8 year old girl.  IIRC he even had "parents" who went along with this whole fantasy.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-18-2017, 07:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 09:14 PM)Jags Wrote: I read the article.  In this case as well as Rachelle Dolezal, Filipinos and blacks, respectively, are offended by these two.  And, rightfully so.  So, if it’s acceptable to be offended as a black person or Filipino by someone identifying as their race who was BORN white, why is it so socially unacceptable to be offended by a man or woman who identifies as the other when they are BORN the opposite?  Seems like a double standard.  I shouldn’t be judged as a homophobe or whatever if I think the Bruce Jenner’s of the world are mentally ill.

I agree.  Someone who "identifies" themselves as something they are not whether it's gender, race, etc. is just not right in the head.  I saw an "article" a while back where an older man "identifies" as an 8 year old girl.  IIRC he even had "parents" who went along with this whole fantasy.

I remember that article. Not sure who's more messed up the 8 year old man child or the parents who adopted him

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2017, 07:57 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I identify as Ryan Gosling, but the women I meet tell me I should identify more as Jonah Hill.  Sad

Roller Jag defending this in 5,4,3,2.....

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2017, 09:12 PM by homebiscuit.)

Filipinos are very tolerant people. Homosexuality and transgenderism nearly dominate their TV programming. Women occupy an equal role in their social structure. As a matter of fact, there are no gender pronouns in the Tagalog language. Others are simply referred to as 'siya' (that person). There is no specific term for husband or wife. They are referred to as 'asawa' (spouse). Indicators of gender during conversation are either inferred or referenced with gender specific words and their derivatives, (babae=girl, lalake=boy). Filipinos of which ever mixed race are embraced as fellow Filipinos.

With that being said, I showed this article to my Filipino wife and she rolled her eyes.

(11-18-2017, 09:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Filipinos are very tolerant people. Homosexuality and transgenderism nearly dominate their TV programming. Women occupy an equal role in their social structure. As a matter of fact, there are no gender pronouns in the Tagalog language. Others are simply referred to as 'siya' (that person). There is no specific term for husband or wife. They are referred to as 'asawa' (spouse). Indicators of gender during conversation are either inferred or referenced with gender specific words and their derivatives, (babae=girl, lalake=boy). Filipinos of which ever mixed race are embraced as fellow Filipinos.

With that being said, I showed this article to my Filipino wife and she rolled her eyes.

Mrs. Malabar identifies as a Filipino. She has 437 pairs of shoes.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(11-19-2017, 12:08 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 09:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Filipinos are very tolerant people. Homosexuality and transgenderism nearly dominate their TV programming. Women occupy an equal role in their social structure. As a matter of fact, there are no gender pronouns in the Tagalog language. Others are simply referred to as 'siya' (that person). There is no specific term for husband or wife. They are referred to as 'asawa' (spouse). Indicators of gender during conversation are either inferred or referenced with gender specific words and their derivatives, (babae=girl, lalake=boy). Filipinos of which ever mixed race are embraced as fellow Filipinos.

Mrs. Malabar identifies as a Filipino. She has 437 pairs of shoes.

Her maiden name isn't Marcos is it?

(11-17-2017, 08:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Philipino is not a race.

Philipino is not even a word, and this person did not declare his race as Filipino, only that he identifies as Filipino.

Other than those two glaring errors revealing a complete misunderstanding of the whole situation, quality post.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-20-2017, 10:55 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 08:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Philipino is not a race.

Philipino is not even a word, [BLEEP].

Glad you showed up, we were starting to worry.  Big Grin
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Having several close Filipino friends, of various genders and sexual persuasions, I concur with your depiction of Filipino culture and people, many of whom I imagine would share your wife's reaction.
- Bob Marley

(11-20-2017, 10:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 10:55 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Philipino is not even a word, [BLEEP].

Glad you showed up, we were starting to worry.  Big Grin

I was in Jacksonville over the weekend for a sibling's wedding Saturday, which I instead spent in Memorial Hospital emergency rooms. Yes, there are two.

I did have a nice dinner at the Piccadilly on University Blvd. Did you know they have a lounge singer on Saturday nights, and free ice cream?
- Bob Marley

(11-20-2017, 11:10 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 10:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Glad you showed up, we were starting to worry.  Big Grin

I was in Jacksonville over the weekend for a sibling's wedding Saturday, which I instead spent in Memorial Hospital emergency rooms. Yes, there are two.

I did have a nice dinner at the Piccadilly on University Blvd. Did you know they have a lounge singer on Saturday nights, and free ice cream?

I totally don't know if that's true or not, but it sounds like you went to the Dilly before the ER which makes complete sense. Assuming you hit the freestanding on Atlantic and the Main Campus on University? All well now I hope?

(11-18-2017, 07:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Roller Jag defending this in 5,4,3,2.....

Let me guess, you got hung up trying to remember...

A. The number following 2, and...

B. How to spell my name.

Man, I missed how easy it is for me to be fooled into thinking I'm smarter than you. Troll.
- Bob Marley

(11-20-2017, 11:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 11:10 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I was in Jacksonville over the weekend for a sibling's wedding Saturday, which I instead spent in Memorial Hospital emergency rooms. Yes, there are two.

I totally don't know if that's true or not, but it sounds like you went to the Dilly before the ER which makes complete sense. Assuming you hit the freestanding on Atlantic and the Main Campus on University? All well now I hope?

I love the Dilly, and yes, it's true. I quite enjoyed my 4 vegetable plate while being serenaded to Strangers in the Night.

Did you know mac-n-cheese was a vegetable? Theirs is baked and delicious.

There's three? I went to the year old location on San Jose, where latex allergies have apparently not yet raised awareness, then the main campus, where the 21st century has arrived...barely.
- Bob Marley