Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No Tight Ends

I wasn't that surprised that we passed on the QBs of this year, but I really thought we would take advantage of this deep Tight End class.

I guess they must feel comfortable with what they have.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Koyack is underrated... I think he can perform given the opportunity.

I thought we would draft one but I'm also not surprised we didn't. Outside of Shockey Coughlin hasn't really had much for TEs.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

I think it's possible that Marrone and Hackett simply don't intend to scheme heavily for the TE position in their offense. 

Putting a FB on the field for a good percentage of plays is going to affect personnel flexibility and that could mean very few two TE looks. 

I was hoping for Sprinkle in the fifth - but I'm not too sour about it. 

With all the talk of pairing a new emphasis on the run with speedy receivers to keep the defense honest, it's possible the TE will have a somewhat diminished role in this offense in comparison to some other schemes around the league. 

[Image: 2irq9op.jpg]

Our TEs are fine. There's good depth already.

I would like to see Neal Sterling more. I think he could be the TE that Bortles needs

Signed UDFA Caleb Bluiett apparently?

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

with Blueitt, Sterling potential sleepers at the position if they get playing time and take advantage of their opportunities... they could surprise us.

Lewis and Koyack will likely make the roster, but I doubt there heavily involved (as mentioned earlier). Potentially, there is a 'changing of the guard' going on in Jacksonville with an obvious attempt to include more of a 'Power-run game'.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2017, 09:03 PM by haveaseat.)

Koyack was a five star recruit and top TE coming out of high school. He was hindered by the QB play at ND and it hurt his draft stock. He's been ascending here and really came on at the end of last year when he earned more playing time. Excited to watch him.

Rivera is here too, now.
Now lemme think...  :geek:  What should my avatar....

We did not take a TE in the draft, we have to keep a FB, and with Westbrook we're keeping six WRs, so I see them only keeping four TEs and not five. It's even possible they only keep three, but I suspect they'll look to keep four.

I'll attempt to rank the guys on the roster..

1. Marcedes Lewis

2. Ben Koyack

3. Mychal Rivera

4. Neal Sterling

5. Alex Ellis

6. Gannon Sinclair

7. Caleb Bluiett

8. EJ Bibbs

I'm sure there will be at least one PS spot to fill in order to have a 5th TE on the overall roster.

'02

LOL .... Bluitt has 10 career receptions.  

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

Quote:Our TEs are fine. There's good depth already.

We lack a quality starter.

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

It isn't madden or an all star lineup we're trying to humid offensively. Sometimes you need guys to do a specific job and the tight end is one where its going to be blocking and the occasional catch because the receivers will be primary

Quote:We lack a quality starter.

No no no youre wrong, we have pro bowl level TE's

You don't need pro bowl level TEs to win games.

Quote:We did not take a TE in the draft, we have to keep a FB, and with Westbrook we're keeping six WRs, so I see them only keeping four TEs and not five. It's even possible they only keep three, but I suspect they'll look to keep four.

I'll attempt to rank the guys on the roster..

1. Marcedes Lewis

2. Ben Koyack

3. Mychal Rivera

4. Neal Sterling

5. Alex Ellis

6. Gannon Sinclair

7. Caleb Bluiett

8. EJ Bibbs

I'm sure there will be at least one PS spot to fill in order to have a 5th TE on the overall roster.

Sinclair and Bibbs were just waived, so now we're looking at...

1. Marcedes Lewis

2. Ben Koyack

3. Mychal Rivera

4. Neal Sterling

5. Alex Ellis

6. Caleb Bluiett

'02

Am I the only one that finds it kind of amusing that there was a tight end named Butt in this year's draft?

Quote:Am I the only one that finds it kind of amusing that there was a tight end named Butt in this year's draft?

Who is also Hurt.

I'm glad we didn't draft him for that reason alone.  The jokes would have been almost as pathetic as the ice cream ones.  Almost.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

The team had so many needs, they were not going to address all of them. At least at tight end, they have experienced veterans in place. I would be surprised if they do not draft one early next year.

;

;