Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Norv Turner quits Vikings OC job

I doubt anybody could see it coming. Total shocker.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...oordinator

Pick up the phone, Shad Khan.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I doubt anybody could see it coming. Total shocker.

Ewww. Why?!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Ewww. Why?!

Because he can fill a vacancy on our coaches roster, of course. Connect the dots.

That's strange. Zimmer seems like he could be a real [BLEEP] to work for though

His contract was expiring anyway and wasn't going to be re-hired/extended.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Because he can fill a vacancy on our coaches roster, of course. Connect the dots.

You don't keep up with much football huh? Minnesota's Offense is atrocious. As in, probably-worse-than-Jacksonville's level of atrocious. 

I don't think adding more management, especially of the poor variety, is the answer for what ails this team.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:His contract was expiring anyway and wasn't going to be re-hired/extended.

He could have just finished out his lame duck contract. There must have been some personal issue for him to opt out of it.

Quote:You don't keep up with much football huh? Minnesota's Offense is atrocious. As in, probably-worse-than-Jacksonville's level of atrocious. 

I don't think adding more management, especially of the poor variety, is the answer for what ails this team.

But he was great back in 1992 with the Cowboys...

;

;

Quote:You don't keep up with much football huh? Minnesota's Offense is atrocious. As in, probably-worse-than-Jacksonville's level of atrocious. 

It is now, but before the Eagles game Minnesota was churning along like nothing happened.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2016, 11:15 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:Ewww. Why?!
He's been one of the best offensive coordinators in football since the 1990s.

If anyone can strike a balance between a good running attack and a good passing attack, it's him.

Quote:But he was great back in 1992 with the Cowboys...
Also with the Chargers, but never mind that.

Never mind the Vikings lost their starting QB, RB, and LT before the end of September.  That shouldn't factor into the discussion at all.

Jacksonville has no such excuse.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:It is now, but before the Eagles game Minnesota was churning along like nothing happened.

Not really. But ok...

;

;

Cant believe im saying this but their O-line is worse than ours.

Also losing Peterson, and Bridgewater changed their plans on offense. 

This division along with the AFC west is truly up for grabs.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:It is now, but before the Eagles game Minnesota was churning along like nothing happened.

Dear God how I dislike having conversations with you, but here's the facts anyway...

They've topped 300 yards of total offense in a game three times this season. They have had one, one 100+ yard rushing day for the entire season. They are averaging less than three yards per carry and less than five yards per play.

The thing that is keeping them afloat is that Defense. Sunday night's game was the first one all season where they did not collect a Turnover. Every game with the exception of Houston, the Defense has forced multiple turnovers. Their offense stinks and is bad and they play bad.

I'm having one of those I don't really give a crap moments.

Have you seen my baseball?

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2016, 11:21 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Not really. But OK.

Obviously you have not watched the Vikings play much. No Bridgewater. No Peterson. No Khalil. One week they did not have Diggs either. But they were undefeated until last week.

Quote:I doubt anybody could see it coming. Total shocker.

we don't need him or anyone. we have the greatest offensive mind of them all, Nathanial Hackett.

Quote:He's been one of the best offensive coordinators in football since the 1990s.

If anyone can strike a balance between a good running attack and a good passing attack, it's him.

Also with the Chargers, but never mind that.

Never mind the Vikings lost their starting QB, RB, and LT before the end of September.  That shouldn't factor into the discussion at all.

Jacksonville has no such excuse.

Bullseye,   like yourself,   I think very highly of Norv Turner as an Offensive Coordinator.    In addition to what you mentioned,  RT Andre Smith landed on I.R. in October and were w/o RB Jerick McKinnon against the Bears in Chicago the other night.   Norv Turner certainly wasn't playing with a full deck.

Though Sam Bradford was playing very well before his protection fell apart the last couple of games,   I'm sure it was quite a challenge for Norv Turner to adjust the Vikings Offense on short notice from the style of Teddy Bridgewater to the vastly different style of Bradford.

I hope this isn't health related.   Norv Turner is one of the best people in the NFL.   I certainly wish him the best.  His son Scott Turner continues to be the Vikings QB Coach and should have a bright future in coaching. 

We could and have done a heck of a lot worse than Norv Turner.  It won't do much good to bring him in now since he can't install his offense but again we have done much worse.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2016, 12:16 PM by knarnn.)

Ed Werder – Verified account ‏@Edwerderespn

Norv Turner surprised Mike Zimmer with resignation, told me, "I think it's just we have different views on where the offense was going."

8:50 AM - 2 Nov 2016
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Mike Zimmer said it is a personal issue that should remain a secret.