Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Norv Turner quits Vikings OC job

Quote:It makes no sense. The Vikings were very good on offense before the bye week, so they had no reason to change anything.
Well thats the basis of the theory. Shurmur had them playing well before the bye, Norv took over and screwed it up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So the stats I cited weren't generated in real life?!??!?

Do you think the injuries to the 2016 Vikings aren't real life with real life effects on the Vikings offense?
Theyre all irrelevant stats with absolutely zero context. Were talking about his offense in 2016, and in 2016 when watching actual games and not points per game stats without context you can see problems with the plays that are being called. You can put it all on personnel if youd like but id disagree with that.

Quote:Well that's the basis of the theory. Shurmur had them playing well before the bye, Norv took over and screwed it up.

What is the basis for a decision to change play callers?

Quote:Without Teddy Bridgewater, Adrian Peterson, Matt Khalil, Andre Smith, or for one week Stefon Diggs. Nobody in his right mind would ignore the injury reports.
I'm sorry what?

They were 29th in total offense LAST SEASON

16th in scoring

the year before 27th in total offense

20th in scoring

With most  of those players.

Honestly Norv didn't really do that well in San Diego either. They just had a pretty good roster and a HOF level QB.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2016, 11:31 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:I'm sorry what?

16th in scoring

20th in scoring

Honestly Norv didn't really do that well in San Diego either. They just had a pretty good roster and a HOF level QB.

If all you care about are numbers without context that is your problem.

And if you watched any Chargers games when Norv Turner was there, you know they had a lot more than a great QB.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2016, 12:32 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:What is the basis for a decision to change play callers?
Shurmur was OC for Sams rookie season in St Louis and his OC last year with the eagles. Since sam was traded at the end of the pre season he didnt have time to Learn norvs whole system so they let shurmur run things until week 5

at least thats the running theory

Quote:If all you care about are numbers without context that is your problem.

And if you watched any Chargers games when Norv Turner was there, you know they had a lot more than a great QB.

Being a Broncos fan, you would know.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I'm sorry what?

16th in scoring

20th in scoring

With Bridgewater in his rookie and second seasons in 2014-15.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2016, 02:40 PM by Kane.)

Quote:If all you care about are numbers without context that is your problem.

Dude. I watched the games. I know.

Norv was ushered out of SD because his juice don't work.

The offense was never THAT good in Minny. They have had a dominate D. They leaned HEAVILY on AP to get by last season.

His resume is rather unimpressive, numbers don't like and neither do my eyes.

Also I said he had a pretty good roster and a HOFer QB.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2016, 02:50 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Shurmur was OC for Sams rookie season in St Louis and his OC last year with the eagles. Since sam was traded at the end of the pre season he didnt have time to Learn norvs whole system so they let shurmur run things until week 5

at least thats the running theory

Guess what?

The article I posted states Norv Turner ran the whole offense.

Pat Shurmur was never the OC at Minnesota.

Quote:Being a Broncos fan, you would know.

Right. I know Philip Rivers is not the only good player San Diego had when Norv Turner was there, as someone else implied.

Quote:Guess what?

The article I posted states Norv Turner ran the whole offense.

Pat Shurmur was never the OC at Minnesota.
Well yeah thats why its called a theory

no one has publicly stated that shurmur was running anything more than what his official job title, but if you look at the differences in how the offense was run before and after the bye and the strangeness of his resignation is how you get to this theory.

Quote:With Bridgewater in his rookie and second seasons in 2014-15.
Agreed, i think he got the best out of Bridgewater.

Quote:Well yeah thats why its called a theory

no one has publicly stated that shurmur was running anything more than what his official job title, but if you look at the differences in how the offense was run before and after the bye and the strangeness of his resignation is how you get to this theory.

That is my whole point. Only facts matter, not these made-up ideas called theories. If you can't prove Pat Shurmur was Minnesota's OC before the bye week, I can disprove it.

Quote:That is my whole point. Only facts matter, not these made-up ideas called theories. If you can't prove Pat Shurmur was Minnesota's OC before the bye week, I can disprove it.
Lol is this really how you think? I have no idea how you function in real life

Quote:Lol is this really how you think? I have no idea how you function in real life

You are refusing to accept the truth. You want to believe a lie about Pat Shurmur.

Quote:You are refusing to accept the truth. You want to believe a lie about Pat Shurmur.
Something you cant prove isnt a lie lol

You think OJ is innocent too?

idk what world you live in but generally humans use the information available to them to come up with conclusions instead of just accepting everything youre told as fact because you cant prove it absolutely wrong.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2016, 05:52 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Something you cant prove isnt a lie lol

You think OJ is innocent too?

The proof is in the article I posted. Let me know why you don't believe it.

Quote:The proof is in the article I posted. Let me know why you don't believe it.
Theres no proof in the article, just statements you can choose to believe. Even the author of the article questions the true motive behind his resignation. Im not sure what about a team or a person not being completely truthful in public is difficult for you to grasp.