Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lageman basically called Boselli a huge idiot this AM on 1010XL

So last night Boselli and Prisco were talking about the concussion that Alex Smith sustained. Smith apparently got hit pretty bad but he passed the concussion protocol. Despite this his coaches still thought something was wrong and pulled him out. Boselli was arguing last night that if the team doctors cleared him the coaches had no right to stop him from playing even if he looked like he had got seriously [BLEEP] up. Lageman and Dempsey started talking about it and Lageman interrupts the conservation and makes it clear that anyone who didn't think that was a concussion regardless of the on field prognosis is a serious idiot. He went on to day that the coaches made the right move. This commentary brightened my day.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2016, 09:51 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

No right to take him out of the game? They had a right to do so, but did not have to keep him out. I posted links in the AFC South section to NFL.com reports about Alex Smith going out and back in, then out again.

Lageman called it as he saw it. Good to see that. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2016, 10:22 PM by enigma.)

Lageman for Head Coach...

Coaches have every right to sit whoever for whatever.

Quote:Coaches have every right to sit whoever for whatever.

Absolutely.

Quote:Coaches have every right to sit whoever for whatever.

Everyone knows that, but taking a QB out because of an errant diagnosis makes the Chiefs look bad. Now there is a mass confusion outside Kansas City about whether he is concussed or not.

The fact that the medical staff cleared Smith to return to the field speaks volumes for just how ineffective the protocol actually is.  The coaching staff did the right thing recognizing he wasn't 100% right, and minimizing risk of further injury by pulling him out.  For anyone to question that move because the doctors cleared the player to return is ridiculous.

Of course, if the exact same situation happened here in Jax and the QB was Bortles, and Gus pulled him out after being cleared by doctors, I have no doubt that Bradley would be crucified during and after the game, and Boselli would be lauding him for protecting his QB. 

The only constant in this would be Lageman, who would be on the side of common sense.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:The fact that the medical staff cleared Smith to return to the field speaks volumes for just how ineffective the protocol actually is.
  The coaching staff did the right thing recognizing he wasn't 100% right, and minimizing risk of further injury by pulling him out.  For anyone to question that move because the doctors cleared the player to return is ridiculous.

Of course, if the exact same situation happened here in Jax and the QB was Bortles, and Gus pulled him out after being cleared by doctors, I have no doubt that Bradley would be crucified during and after the game, and Boselli would be lauding him for protecting his QB. 

The only constant in this would be Lageman, who would be on the side of common sense.

The crazy-insane-nutso thing about this is it's pretty damn hard to screw up those protocols. Like, you have to try to screw it up kind of hard. I've given concussion protocols myself and I've done nothing more than a weekend clinic on how to do it.

If the League truly did care about concussions instead of just throwing PR fairy dust at it, they'd find whoever it was on that Training Staff and figure out exactly why they let him return. And fire the person who was most directly responsible for it.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2016, 08:19 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:The fact that the medical staff cleared Smith to return to the field speaks volumes for just how ineffective the protocol actually is.  The coaching staff did the right thing recognizing he wasn't 100% right, and minimizing risk of further injury by pulling him out.  For anyone to question that move because the doctors cleared the player to return is ridiculous.

Do I need to repost the link to an article about the Chiefs head trainer who diagnosed Alex Smith? He said there was miscommunication and accepted responsibility for incorrectly saying Smith is concussed. This is not a problem with the concussion protocol if Smith is actually healthy.

Quote:The crazy-insane-nutso thing about this is it's pretty damn hard to screw up those protocols. Like, you have to try to screw it up kind of hard. I've given concussion protocols myself and I've done nothing more than a weekend clinic on how to do it.

If the League truly did care about concussions instead of just throwing PR fairy dust at it, they'd find whoever it was on that Training Staff and figure out exactly why they let him return. And fire the person who was most directly responsible for it.

I assume you did not read anything about the Cam Newton and Tyrod Taylor investigations. The NFL and NFLPA worked hard to figure out if the Panthers and Bills did it right. They concluded both teams did follow the proper procedure.

Quote:I assume you did not read anything about the Cam Newton and Tyrod Taylor investigations. The NFL and NFLPA worked hard to figure out if the Panthers and Bills did it right. They concluded both teams did follow the proper procedure.

Stop assuming. Go derail some other thread.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Do I need to repost the link to an article about the Chiefs head trainer who diagnosed Alex Smith? He said there was miscommunication and accepted responsibility for incorrectly saying Smith is concussed. This is not a problem with the concussion protocol if Smith is actually healthy.
Nah that's could doubling back to try to fix what someone screwed up.

He was concussed, now he isn't, but they're holding him out Sunday anyway

Oooooook

Quote:Nah that could doubling back to try to fix what someone screwed up.

He was concussed, now he isn't, but they're holding him out Sunday anyway.

It sounds like a case of fixing what is not broken to me.

Quote:It sounds like a case of fixing what is not broken to me.

Why would you fix something that isn't broken. That makes no sense.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Why would you fix something that isn't broken. That makes no sense.

LOL I believe in the expression, "If it is not broke, don't fix it." Apparently the Chiefs disagree.

Lageman said Bortles stinks.

Quote:Do I need to repost the link to an article about the Chiefs head trainer who diagnosed Alex Smith? He said there was miscommunication and accepted responsibility for incorrectly saying Smith is concussed. This is not a problem with the concussion protocol if Smith is actually healthy.

So what we've got here is a failure to communicate? Seems ticky tack to me. Smith got blown up. Surprised he still has his spleen tbh.

Company man would never say that.

/fools
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."