Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week Nine Board Power Rankings

1. Patriots 7-1

2. Cowboys 6-1

3. Broncos 6-2

4. Eagles 4-3

5. Vikings 5-2

6. Seahawks 4-2-1

7. Steelers 4-3

8. Chiefs 5-2

9. Raiders 6-2

10. Falcons 5-3

11. Packers 4-3

12. Redskins 4-3-1

13. Bills 4-4

14. Texans 5-3

15. Titans 4-4

16. Lions 4-4

17. Bengals 3-4-1

18. Cards 3-4-1

19. Giants 4-3

20. Saints 3-4

21. Dolphins 3-4

22. Colts 3-5 

23. Chargers 3-5

24. Panthers 2-5

25. Jets 3-5

26. Ravens 3-4

27. Bears 2-6

28. Rams 3-4

29. Bucs 3-4

30. Jaguars 2-5

31. 49ers 1-6

32. Browns 0-8

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">1. New England Patriots

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2. Dallas Cowboys

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">3. Philadelphia Eagles

4. Denver Broncos

5. Atlanta Falcons

6. Pittsburgh Steelers

7. Kansas City Chiefs

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">8. Seattle Seahawks

9. Minnesota Vikings

10. Green Bay Packers

11. Oakland Raiders

12. Washington Redskins

13. Cincinnati Bengals

14. Buffalo Bills

15. Arizona Cardinals

16. New York Giants

17. Carolina Panthers

18. San Diego Chargers

19. New Orleans Saints

20. Houston Texans

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">21. Detroit Lions

22. Baltimore Ravens

23. Los Angeles Rams

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">24. Tennessee Titans

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">25. Miami Dolphins

26. Indianapolis Colts

27. Chicago Bears

28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

29. New York Jets

30. San Francisco 49ers

31. Jacksonville Jaguars

32. Cleveland Browns

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">1. New England Patriots

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2. Dallas Cowboys (this pains me to put this here)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">3. Minnesota Vikings

4. Denver Broncos

5. Philadephia Eagles

6. Kansas City Chiefs

7. Pittsburgh Steelers 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">8. Oakland Raiders

9. Seattle Seahawks

10. Atlanta Falcons

11. Carolina Panthers

12. Green Bay Packers

13. Buffalo Bills

14. Cincinnati Bengals

15. Arizona Cardinals

16. New York Giants

17. Detroit Lions

18. San Diego Chargers

19. New Orleans Saints

20. Houston Texans

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">21. Washington Redskins

22. Tennessee Titans

23. Miami Dolphins

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">24. Los Angeles Rams

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">25. Baltimore Ravens

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

27. Indy Colts

28. Chicago Bears

29. Jacksonville Jaguars

30. NY Jets

31. Cleveland Browns

32. SF 49ers

Quote:

1. New England Patriots

2. Dallas Cowboys (this pains me to put this here)

3. Minnesota Vikings

4. Denver Broncos

5. Philadephia Eagles

6. Kansas City Chiefs

7. Pittsburgh Steelers

8. Oakland Raiders

9. Seattle Seahawks

10. Atlanta Falcons

11. Carolina Panthers

12. Green Bay Packers

13. Buffalo Bills

14. Cincinnati Bengals

15. Arizona Cardinals

16. New York Giants

17. Detroit Lions

18. San Diego Chargers

19. New Orleans Saints

20. Houston Texans

21. Washington Redskins

22. Tennessee Titans

23. Miami Dolphins

24. Los Angeles Rams

25. Baltimore Ravens

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

27. Indy Colts

28. Chicago Bears

29. Jacksonville Jaguars

30. NY Jets

31. Cleveland Browns

32. SF 49ers

lol @ #11

Quote:lol @ #11

Lol at your lol

The Panthers have won 2 games and are ranked 11th best in the NFL....ok

Quote:The Panthers have won 2 games and are ranked 11th best in the NFL....ok

Oh so this is just a ranking based on records and not any actual football analysis? My bad I didn't realize.

Quote:Oh so this is just a ranking based on records and not any actual football analysis? My bad I didn't realize.

No offense, but haven't you had them at "#33" for weeks? One win and they're just outside the top ten? A playoff team? Doesn't seem kinda rash?

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2016, 01:07 AM by ZNation484.)

Quote:No offense, but haven't you had them at "#33" for weeks? One win and they're just outside the top ten? A playoff team? Doesn't seem kinda rash?
No....changed it last week once they're started to get healthy and get their poo together. I said last week was the turning point. And this weeks they're going to finally be full strength again.

Let's be serious....it's not like any of the teams listed 10 - 24 are world beaters by any means. Hell, outside of NE there isn't a dominate team. But the Panthers have lost 3 games by last minute FGs, have had key players injured and positions where they're thin, and are now getting healthy and showing signs of clicking. If they play the way they should (like this last week) then their talent is there and those teams behind them in my ranking aren't better than they are.

Who knows if they make the playoffs because of the hole they're in, but those other teams aren't better teams.

Either I'm a delusional homer, or I'm just as right as last year when this whole board made fun of me until at least week 12 for saying they were a good team. Either is fine...

we beat the bears, the bears beat the vikings, shouldn't we be higher than vikings?

Quote:No....changed it last week once they're started to get healthy and get their poo together. I said last week was the turning point. And this weeks they're going to finally be full strength again.

Let's be serious....it's not like any of the teams listed 10 - 24 are world beaters by any means. Hell, outside of NE there isn't a dominate team. But the Panthers have lost 3 games by last minute FGs, have had key players injured and positions where they're thin, and are now getting healthy and showing signs of clicking. If they play the way they should (like this last week) then their talent is there and those teams behind them in my ranking aren't better than they are.

Who knows if they make the playoffs because of the hole they're in, but those other teams aren't better teams.

Either I'm a delusional homer, or I'm just as right as last year when this whole board made fun of me until at least week 12 for saying they were a good team. Either is fine...

Fair enough, I can see your point. Time will tell.

I think the Panthers have to show some consistency in winning beyond this to raise much higher in the power rankings.  Yeah, they did well against a pretty good team--but it's also a pretty good team that's had some struggles themselves this year.  A team that might even miss the playoffs.

Lions are probably the hardest team to place, IMO, because they're so erratic.  It's like Forrest Gumps Says: The Lions are like a box of chocolate,s you never know what you're gonna get.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I think the Panthers have to show some consistency in winning beyond this to raise much higher in the power rankings.  Yeah, they did well against a pretty good team--but it's also a pretty good team that's had some struggles themselves this year.  A team that might even miss the playoffs.

Lions are probably the hardest team to place, IMO, because they're so erratic.  It's like Forrest Gumps Says: The Lions are like a box of chocolate,s you never know what you're gonna get.

That's fair. Again for me it's about them getting healthy, playing with urgency, and three games that could have easily gone their way which would put them in a completely different situation. But yeah, they need to do it a few weeks in a row for sure. And I don't expect the Cards to make the playoffs either.

I tend to put the Lions up higher than most people - I actually like their team. In fact, I meant to have them more around the 13/14 mark to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if they make some noise in the North. I think Minny is a good team but they obviously have their faults. 

Panthers over the Packers? Come on.

'02

Quote:Panthers over the Packers? Come on.

The Packers are a mess. They're not very good. Although they have a pretty easy schedule so I wouldn't be surprised if they win the Division. But they're not beating anybody in the playoffs.

Quote:Panthers over the Packers? Come on.

Yeah man.....Packers aren't very good.

Quote:Yeah man.....Packers aren't very good.

I think the Packers injury situation at present has caught up to them.   Not having Clay Matthews,  their top 2 CBs,  the loss of RB Eddie Lacy, and TE Jared Cook,  among others is difficult to overcome.    They did an incredible job overcoming injuries in the 2010 season to win the Super Bowl but in their current present state,  they are in serious trouble,  

If the Packers don't make the playoffs or get knocked out in the first round,  it wouldn't surprise me if the Packers and HC Mike McCarthy mutually agree to go in another direction after 11 seasons together.  

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2016, 11:42 AM by ZNation484.)

Quote:  I think the Packers injury situation at present has caught up to them.   Not having Clay Matthews,  their top 2 CBs,  the loss of RB Eddie Lacy, and TE Jared Cook,  among others is difficult to overcome.    They did an incredible job overcoming injuries in the 2010 season to win the Super Bowl but in their current present state,  they are in serious trouble,  

If the Packers don't make the playoffs or get knocked out in the first round,  it wouldn't surprise me if the Packers and HC Mike McCarthy mutually agree to go in another direction after 11 seasons together.  

You think? They've been good the entire times he's been there, but yeah they do have some high expectations in GB so it's a possibility. I really wouldn't be surprised if your Lions win that Division. I thought Minny could hold on, but they're clearly in a free-fall. 

Edit: I still think 2 teams are coming from the North and East. 

^Panthers are 0-3 in division play, with a worse record than the Saints, and tied with the Bucs (but behind them in division Bucs 2-1,,Panthers 0-3).

Losing close games is losing close games. How many close games were the Panthers on the winning side of last season? There were quite a few.

I'm with you on the East and North getting 2 teams in. Only the winners of the West and South will get in the playoffs.

Quote:^Panthers are 0-3 in division play, with a worse record than the Saints, and tied with the Bucs (but behind them in division Bucs 2-1,,Panthers 0-3).

Losing close games is losing close games. How many close games were the Panthers on the winning side of last season? There were quite a few.

I'm with you on the East and North getting 2 teams in. Only the winners of the West and South will get in the playoffs.

I'mm not sure I get your point. I'm not debating their chances of making the play off; I'm saying their better than those teams I ranked below them despite their record. I get it, they've lost close games that they easily should have won (at least Broncos and Bucs), but they are what their record is. Good thing there are 8 more games. When the season is over they more than likely won't be in the playoffs, but they'll also be far from the bottom of the league. 

And let's be serious.....the current 6th seed is the Skins at 4-3-1. They're 1.5 games ahead of the Panthers. Does anyone really think the Skins are going to do better than 6-2 in their last 8?