Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Designated Survivor -- anyone watch this show?

I just watched Episode 1 (of 9) of Designated Survivor and it was pretty decent.

Is anyone watching this show ?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I do, and I'm really liking it so far. I'm behind a couple of episodes, but what I've seen I like!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I'm all caught up.  Not a huge fan of Keifer Sutherland, but the show is moving along and has some decent twists and turns.

I've already been able to guess who is going to die.

Quote:I do, and I'm really liking it so far. I'm behind a couple of episodes, but what I've seen I like!

Cool.  I'm just getting into this binge watching thing and am enjoying it -- Ha !!

Anyway, I just caught up on Westworld, I have 2 episodes of Narcos to go and I just started Designated Survivor and Walking Dead (yep, just started that one).

Episode 1 of Designated Survivor was pretty compelling so i'll probably catch up with that one this week ---- I have a lot on my plate (soooo stressful --- lol)   :thumbsup:

Quote:I'm all caught up.  Not a huge fan of Keifer Sutherland, but the show is moving along and has some decent twists and turns.

I've already been able to guess who is going to die.

hey .......  Ninja   i'm on episode 2  !!  

Not bad. A little predictable. And Kiefer....quit saying thank you every 10 minutes.
Blakes Life Matters

I just watched last week's episode. I always get emotional when I see the flag draped coffin of a service member. Even on a TV show. It kills me every time. 

Quote:Not bad. A little predictable. And Kiefer....quit saying thank you every 10 minutes.
It's weird to see him in a role like this. He's doing a good job with it. It's just weird. I'm glad he's not some Jack Bauer type POTUS. It would just be too much if he was. 

Quote:It's weird to see him in a role like this. He's doing a good job with it. It's just weird. I'm glad he's not some Jack Bauer type POTUS. It would just be too much if he was.

The way he is playing the president as a bit timid and self-aware reminds me a bit of his role as an FBI coroner in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.
Only a chump boos the home team!

I like it. I hope it stays true to what it is and doesn't turn into President Jack Bauer.

Also, is this guy ever going to get a VP?

Quote:It's weird to see him in a role like this. He's doing a good job with it. It's just weird. I'm glad he's not some Jack Bauer type POTUS. It would just be too much if he was.
I do keep expecting him to suddenly to go all bad [BAD WORD REMOVED] on someone when I'm watching...lol
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:The way he is playing the president as a bit timid and self-aware reminds me a bit of his role as an FBI coroner in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.
Gosh, I forgot about that! 

As far as getting a VP, without giving anything away....if you watched the last episode and the previews to the next, they hint at it.   How they weave the good in with the bad.  Dun dun dun!