Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No more excuses DEDE West Brook a secondary's nightmare!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kLjseN1Cn8 Great Highlights on DE DE WEST BROOK 

Tells me the excuses are over for Blake.  Has enough talent to be successful.  And has speed guys to line up for quick slants or spread if want to.  

I don't ever get excited about 4th round picks.  But #flashjax  is the real deal! 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2017, 08:53 AM by SkeetBroball2.)

If he stays out of jail

And we all knew the excuses we're over for Blake. That shouldn't be a surprise. This year was always going to be his last chance.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2017, 09:01 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:If he stays out of jail

And we all knew the excuses we're over for Blake. That shouldn't be a surprise. This year was always going to be his last chance.
Dude that happened 4 or 5 years ago.  Not like last week or last year. 2012-2013 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPpY56VvhIA   

And he tells everything is fine now. 

#Gojags

Coughlin talked about Keenan's input regarding Dede....

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"He speant a lot of time talking to Keenan. Keenan thinks he's a very good football player."

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

While I'm at it, I got a kick out of Coughlin talking about how he always has his stop watch after mentioning all of their 40 times...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"Let's see... [Leonard] 4.5 ... even Smoot 4.73 ... 4.4 Westbrook ...  Blair Brown is under 4.6 as a linebacker ... 4.28 with Myrick ... even as a fullback I think Williams is like 4.78. "

By the way, it sounds like Westbrook will be our PR, and that Myrick will at least be our gunner and will get a shot to compete for the KR role while on the roster basically as the backup nickel.

'02

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2017, 09:43 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Coughlin talked about Keenan's input regarding Dede....

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"He speant a lot of time talking to Keenan. Keenan thinks he's a very good football player."
Dude is lightning in a bottle.  A guy with Jackson speed in fourth round who can catch.   Who would of thought.  Thats highway robbery. 

#Gojags

I'm excited about this kid. But the other thing I noticed from that highlight reel is that Big 12 defenses are sorry

Quote:I'm excited about this kid. But the other thing I noticed from that highlight reel is that Big 12 defenses are sorry
west virginia is one of the fastest teams period and he beat them in the snow. 

#Gojags

Quote:Dude that happened 4 or 5 years ago. Not like last week or last year. 2012-2013 <a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPpY56VvhIA'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPpY56VvhIA</a>

Oh I think he'll be great. No argument there. I could see him being our Tyreek Hill this year, thriving on the punt/kick returns.

Imagine our 4 wide sets with ARob, Lee, Hurns, Westbrook

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2017, 10:02 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Oh I think he'll be great. No argument there. I could see him being our Tyreek Hill this year, thriving on the punt/kick returns.

Imagine our 4 wide sets with ARob, Lee, Hurns, Westbrook
I think Jackson to be honest same speed and acceleration. And catching ability.  Deshaun Jackson ran a 4.35 his best.. West Brook ran a 4.34.  If he ends up like Jackson all our receivers have to take notice.  

#Gojags

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kLjseN1Cn8'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kLjseN1Cn8</a> Great Highlights on DE DE WEST BROOK

Tells me the excuses are over for Blake. Has enough talent to be successful. And has speed guys to line up for quick slants or spread if want to.

I don't ever get excited about 4th round picks. But #flashjax is the real deal!

Common sense tells you that it's over for Blake. He either performs or is out the door this year. He knows it.

But he's given enough to warrant that 3rd swing before it's 3 strikes he's out.

Quote:I think Jackson to be honest same speed and acceleration. And catching ability. Deshaun Jackson ran a 4.35 his best.. West Brook ran a 4.34. If he ends up like Jackson all our receivers have to take notice.

I get the comparison. I just meant that year 1 he'll most likely excel as a return man before cracking into the WR lineup as the 2 or 3

Quote:Dude that happened 4 or 5 years ago.  Not like last week or last year. 2012-2013 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPpY56VvhIA   

I know your were responding to the previous issues with domestic violence, but there was actually a minor brush with the law last year. He was charged with misdemeanor trespass  for visiting the daughter of the property owner when he had been told that he was not welcome due to a previous altercation. While not a huge deal, his choice to go back to a place he is not welcome is less than ideal. 

Quote:I know your were responding to the previous issues with domestic violence, but there was actually a minor brush with the law last year. He was charged with misdemeanor trespass  for visiting the daughter of the property owner when he had been told that he was not welcome due to a previous altercation. While not a huge deal, his choice to go back to a place he is not welcome is less than ideal. 
thats his daughter man.  You show me one caring dad that would not tress pass to see his daughter?   Plus it is easy word vs word to say sure come by.  And then things change or thoughts change. 

#Gojags

Quote:thats his daughter man.  You show me one caring dad that would not tress pass to see his daughter?   Plus it is easy word vs word to say sure come by.  And then things change or thoughts change. 

The police report said he was visiting the property owners daughter, not his daughter. It also said that all parties involved knew that Dede was not welcome on the property due to a previous altercation. Either way it is not a big deal and to his credit Dede did not allow the situation to escalate. But it has not been "4 or 5 years" since he had a brush with the law.

Man I know those defenses looked sorry in that video, but he also made some tough catches in traffic too. I think he'll be on the field more than you think. I also think if he stays out of trouble and keeps his head down, he obviously ends Rashad Greenes' time in Jacksonville.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2017, 01:00 PM by Up North Jag.)

Quote:Dude is lightning in a bottle.  A guy with Jackson speed in fourth round who can catch.   Who would of thought.  Thats highway robbery. 
Thats what we know, but apparently Bleacher Report thinks 

Reach: WR Dede Westbrook, Jacksonville Jaguars (No. 110)

<p style="margin:15px auto;">With a wildly productive final college season and Heisman Trophy consideration, it was reasonable to think Oklahoma’s Dede Westbrook would be considered worthy of a high draft pick. But despite his production and impressive film, there were quite a few concerns on his scouting report.

<p style="margin-left:auto;">For one, he’s a lighter receiver who will be an older rookie in the NFL, turning 24 in November. Another concern was that he sustained a serious high school injury, after which doctors told him to never play football again. And most importantly, he’s had multiple run-ins with the law, including domestic violence charges. For all of those reasons, Westbrook looked like a fringe draft pick, not an early fourth-round prospect.

<div> 
</div>

Whatever. Hatin'~ 
Go Jags, Baby!!!

Now lemme think...  :geek:  What should my avatar....

Most excited about this pick. Actually believe he could be a premiere WR with us, if Blake can hit him in stride. Seems like he has the ability to get the separation.

Quote:Man I know those defenses looked sorry in that video, but he also made some tough catches in traffic too. I think he'll be on the field more than you think. I also think if he stays out of trouble and keeps his head down, he obviously ends Rashad Greenes' time in Jacksonville.

Rashad Greene does appear to be the obvious choice, but he'll get his chance to save his job.

I see four guys with virtual locks on WR roster spots. In order of lock tightness... 1. Hurns 2. ARob 3. Lee 4. Westbrook

Then I'm thinking Arrelious Benn sticks as a reserve split-end and utility WR, although I can see Jamal Robinson as well as UDFA Kenneth Walker III who ran a 4.3 40 as a former track star.

This leaves basically one spot for a backup slot WR behind Westbrook ... who might play a bit when Westbrook takes over ARob's spot ... along with probably two PS spots. I'm guessing Amba Etta-Tawo has an inside track to one of those two PS spots. <strong>Keelan Cole is classic flanker whose best shot is probably on the PS, although he was deemed the "the best WR in Division II football."
</strong>

The backup slot WR contenders are Bryan Walters, Rashad Greene, Shane Wynn, Tony Washington and Larry Pinkard.  I'm guessing it comes down to Walters versus Wynn.

'02

With Fournette, the D wants to bring that safety down in the box, but with Westbrook lined up in the slot......might wanna think twice about it. The Fournette, Westbrook, Williams picks really complement each other.

Quote:With Fournette, the D wants to bring that safety down in the box, but with Westbrook lined up in the slot......might wanna think twice about it. The Fournette, Westbrook, Williams picks really complement each other.

Add Robinson in to that mix too.