Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hue Jackson is a horrible head coach

Quote:Browns are giving up 421 offensive yards per game but you know whos really the problem? Hue Jackson cause good coaches find a way to win! Yeah okay lol

Quote:Browns are giving up 421 offensive yards per game but you know whos really the problem? Hue Jackson cause good coaches find a way to win! Yeah okay lol

Hey - it's ALWAYS the coach. If they'd just hire Tom Coughlin.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Hey - it's ALWAYS the coach. If they'd just hire Tom Coughlin.
bbbut bill belichick would have them 8-0!

Quote:You could definitely justify it just by taking a quick look at their nearly talentless roster. Removing a head coach after one year because he cant turn around a team that doesnt have a single good player on defense and maybe 3 or 4 good offensive players none of which are the quarterback is how you stay a bottom tier team forever.

If Gus Bradley can win 4 games with a gutted roster, Hue should be able to win a couple at least. And don't tell me our roster was better because the vast majority of those starters on our 2013 roster are now either out of the league or backups on other teams.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:If Gus Bradley can win 4 games with a gutted roster, Hue should be able to win a couple at least. And don't tell me our roster was better because the vast majority of those starters on our 2013 roster are now either out of the league or backups on other teams.

For one thing, they started 0-8 that year and we're only in week 8 this year.

They play in a tougher division.  The Jaguars won just one game outside of their division that year.  Ironically enough it was against the Browns. 

Both rosters were/are ugly

Quote:bbbut bill belichick would have them 8-0!

No he wouldn't. Art Modell told Bill Belicheat to stay home when he moved the team to Baltimore. Belicheat is only good at New England.

Resident Jags/Browns fan here. Like others have said, the team talent is atrocious. The o-line and defense are pitiful. Kessler has shown signs of being a potential starting QB but he may not survive behind the likes of Cam Erving, Austin Pasztor, and Alvin Bailey.

Quote:Resident Jags/Browns fan here. Like others have said, the team talent is atrocious. The o-line and defense are pitiful. Kessler has shown signs of being a potential starting QB but he may not survive behind the likes of Cam Erving, Austin Pasztor, and Alvin Bailey.

It really is bad.  Part of me hopes they really do go winless and they decide to let Hue Jackson go and he finds his way to Jacksonville.

Quote:It really is bad. Part of me hopes they really do go winless and they decide to let Hue Jackson go and he finds his way to Jacksonville.

They have pretty well stated that they were stripping the team down to rebuild. Hue is likely safe for at least 3 seasons. [BLEEP] Haslem knows that canning coaches left and right isn't going to work. He canned Chud after one year and Pettine after 2.

No one would want to go to Cleveland if he cans Hue after 1 year. Sashi Brown and Podesta seem to have a plan.

Quote:It really is bad.  Part of me hopes they really do go winless and they decide to let Hue Jackson go and he finds his way to Jacksonville.

No chance they give up on him after only one season.

Quote:They have pretty well stated that they were stripping the team down to rebuild. Hue is likely safe for at least 3 seasons. [BAD WORD REMOVED] Haslem knows that canning coaches left and right isn't going to work. He canned Chud after one year and Pettine after 2.

No one would want to go to Cleveland if he cans Hue after 1 year. Sashi Brown and Podesta seem to have a plan.

I agree but it's a far outside hope.  I've wanted Hue for a long time.  It would be nice to see what he could do with the talent here.

Quote:For one thing, they started 0-8 that year and we're only in week 8 this year.

They play in a tougher division. The Jaguars won just one game outside of their division that year. Ironically enough it was against the Browns.

Both rosters were/are ugly

Again, I'm rooting for Hue and expect him to win a few and eventually turn the team around. I was just speculating on his future if he goes 0-16. That's a hard sell to a fan base that call's their own team "The factory of sadness".
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Again, I'm rooting for Hue and expect him to win a few and eventually turn the team around. I was just speculating on his future if he goes 0-16. That's a hard sell to a fan base that call's their own team "The factory of sadness".

Okay, I got ya.  We typically agree (even though I don't post as much as I used to) and it's not really any different here.  We might be the new factory of sadness or the factory 2.0.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2016, 10:44 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Again, I'm rooting for Hue and expect him to win a few and eventually turn the team around. I was just speculating on his future if he goes 0-16. That's a hard sell to a fan base that call's their own team "The factory of sadness".

LOL Considering how "ugly" the roster is (good description by Scarecrow), I am sure Haslam would not fire Jackson even if they fail  to win a game. The 2016 Browns are worse than the 2008 Lions.

Quote:If Gus Bradley can win 4 games with a gutted roster, Hue should be able to win a couple at least. And don't tell me our roster was better because the vast majority of those starters on our 2013 roster are now either out of the league or backups on other teams.
The current browns have yet to play a team as bad as the ones we beat in those 4 wins, and no team that bad is coming up on their schedule. If they dont win a single game i wouldnt be at all surprised.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2016, 10:51 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:The current Browns have yet to play a team as bad as the ones we beat in those 4 wins, and no team that bad is coming up on their schedule. If they dont win a single game i wouldnt be at all surprised.

What about the Jets?

Quote:The Jets are not as bad as any team we beat in 2013?
No i dont believe so, maybe equal to the titans.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2016, 11:17 PM by Caldrac.)

In fairness to Jackson. He inherited a really [BAD WORD REMOVED] roster. There's a reason why they ended up having something to the tune of 12+ draft picks this year. They don't have a quarterback. They have a fledgling offensive line. They have a sub par running game and the defense is hit or miss in most games. But people forget Jackson has had to deal with playing with three different quarterbacks due to injuries. They've had a pretty tough schedule this year during the first eight weeks in the NFL.

They lost to Philadelphia in the season opener. They're 4 - 3. They lost to Baltimore. They're 3 - 4. They lost to Miami (In overtime). They're 3 - 4. They lost to Washington. They're 4 - 3 - 1. They lost to New England. They're 7 - 1 and the top dog in the NFL right now in the power rankings. They lost to Tennessee. They're 4 - 4. They lost to Cincinnati. They're 3 - 4 - 1. They lost to New York (Jets). They're 3 - 5. 

In all actuality. He inherited a team that hasn't had a winning record since 2007. They were 3 - 13 in 2015 as well. And all of those teams they've been beaten by SHOULD be able to beat them when you look at their roster. Philadelphia has a solid defense. Baltimore is being lead by a SB winning veteran QB and HC. Miami isn't as polished but they have a rookie HC but they still have had a somewhat decent QB in Tannehill there. Washington is a play-off caliber team playing in a tough NFC East this year. New England is New England. Nothing to really add there. And the tacks have been just fine this year. Cincinnati is a capable play-off team. The New York Jets despite there issues were still knocking on the door last year for the 6th seed in the play-offs. So again, it's not like he's getting beat by scrub teams. They've also at least played competitive this year. They're not getting blown out in these games. I think it's respectable and admirable right now. I am willing to bet they could beat us, the 49ers, possibly the Panthers, maybe Chicago and even the clots if they had to play them this year. 

Hue needs another year or two. That roster was trash before he arrived. It's going to take a good QB and another draft class to make them somewhat capable of finishing out these games. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2016, 11:40 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:No i dont believe so, maybe equal to the titans.

The Titans have a QB who does not throw to the other team and can use his legs.

Quote:The Titans have a QB who does not throw to the other team and can use his legs.
The current Jets starter and the guy who played most of the titans game in 2013 is the same guy, his name is ryan fitzpatrick

Quote:The current Jets starter and the guy who played most of the titans game in 2013 is the same guy, his name is ryan fitzpatrick

Most of what Titans game?

Ryan Fitzpatrick is Mr. Interception this year. He lost the starting job.