Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which NFL Team Will Win Tonight's Monday Night Football Game In Soldier Field, Chicago?
Chicago Bears
Minnesota Vikings
[Show Results]

***Official Vikings @ Bears Monday Night Football Game Thread***

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2016, 12:57 AM by AmeliaIsland.)

Happy Halloween, Jaguars fans!   Smile   An important divisional battle between NFC North opponents as the first place and 5-1 Minnesota Vikings visit the 1-6 and last place Chicago Bears in the 111th edition and meeting of their all-time rivalry for ESPN's Monday Night Football.

Tonight's Vikings/Bears Monday Night Football game both is the last game in October, and concludes week 8 of the 2016 NFL season.  Also a battle of  backup quarterbacks with the Vikings Sam Bradford replacing Shaun Hill, and the Bears Bobby Hoyer replacing Jay Cutler.

Vikings lead the all-time series, including one postseason game entering tonight with 57 wins, 51 losses, and 2 ties.

Sean McDonough and Jon Gruden are announcing the live TV commentary, along with sideline reporter Lisa Salters, for ESPN's Monday Night Football, seen live on HD.

Kevin Harlan and Kurt Warner are also announcing the live radio game coverage for Westwood One Sports Radio, syndicated nationally including WFXJ 930 The Fox AM in Jacksonville, and WRUF Sports Radio 850AM in Gainesville, FL.

Mostly cloudy skies at 58 degrees is the game forecast inside Soldier Field next to the Lake Michigan waterfront for tonight's 8:30PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff.

NO injuries to both the Bears and Vikings, and GO VIKINGS!!!!   Wink  Smile

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/MNF...all-hq-nfl

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sam Bradford was a backup one week at Minnesota because he did not know the playbook. Even then he was always meant to be the starter in 2016. If the Vikings were playing their "backup" QB we would be watching Shaun Hill.

Is anybody watching this game?

As long as the Vikings cover the spread, thats all I care about.

Quote:Is anybody watching this game?

I certainly plan to watch the game.

Quote:I certainly plan to watch the game.

I assume you want the Vikings to lose because they are leading in the division.

Unfortunately I also expect them to slaughter the Bears despite Jay Cutler returning.

Quote:I assume you want the Vikings to lose because they are leading in the division.

Unfortunately I also expect them to slaughter the Bears despite Jay Cutler returning.

It's a catch 22 situation.

Though I would prefer the Vikings to lose from a divisional race standpoint,   the Lions travel to Minnesota this coming Sunday.   This game will be very difficult for the Lions to win under ideal circumstances.   Even more difficult if the Vikings enter that game with a two game losing streak,

I expect the Vikings to beat the Bears tonight  (  they are my NFL Survivor selection this week ),   though they are banged up at RB.  

Quote:It's a catch 22 situation.

Though I would prefer the Vikings to lose from a divisional race standpoint,  the Lions travel to Minnesota this coming Sunday. This game will be very difficult for the Lions to win under ideal circumstances.  Even more difficult if the Vikings enter that game with a two game losing streak,

I expect the Vikings to beat the Bears tonight  ( they are my NFL Survivor selection this week),  though they are banged up at RB.  

I don't see a Catch 22 there. Minnesota will not play down to Detroit's level after winning tonight.

The are like Green Bay in the RB department, down to their third string guy. Who will split the carries with Matt Asiata?

Quote:I don't see a Catch 22 there. Minnesota will not play down to Detroit's level after winning tonight.

The are like Green Bay in the RB department, down to their third string guy. Who will split the carries with Matt Asiata?

Are you certain of what you mentioned in the first sentence?    There are reasons why there are upsets in the NFL.   If that wasn't the case,  Minnesota would have beaten San Francisco in the season opener in 2015 on MNF.

As for your 2nd question,  Ronnie Hillman is expected to share the Vikes RB load tonight. 

Quote:Are you certain of what you mentioned in the first sentence? There are reasons why there are upsets in the NFL. If that wasn't the case, Minnesota would have beaten San Francisco in the season opener in 2015 on MNF.

I forgot who won that game. Adrian Peterson only getting 10 carries was ridiculous. Of course after that game Mike Zimmer let Peterson get his normal number of carries every week.

Other times teams just don't show up to play, like Minnesota's loss to Philadelphia last week. I don't know why a team would play down to the opponent's level on purpose.

GO BEARS!

Quote:As for your 2nd question, Ronnie Hillman is expected to share the Vikes RB load tonight.

D6 are you a lions fan, bud?

You've been on this board for a long time,

(No sarcasm intended, just genuinely curious)
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

Does anybody think it will be a close game?

Quote:D6 are you a lions fan, bud?

Yes, he is. And he's also one of the absolute best posters on this board, so I hope he never leaves. Outstanding perspective on both Jags and league-wide topics.

Quote:Yes, he is. And he's also one of the absolute best posters on this board, so I hope he never leaves. Outstanding perspective on both Jags and league-wide topics.

He is my favorite poster by far. I just always wondered why a Lions fan would post on a Jaguars forum.

Quote:D6 are you a lions fan, bud?

Absolutely.

Quote:Yes, he is. And he's also one of the absolute best posters on this board, so I hope he never leaves. Outstanding perspective on both Jags and league-wide topics.

Thank you very much, RedRooster28!

I certainly appreciate the thoughts.

Quote:He is my favorite poster by far. I just always wondered why a Lions fan would post on a Jaguars forum.

Thanks, MJF!

In a thread earlier this season,  I told you the long story. 

Almost game time!