Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey Vs Bouye

Both of them are great players and are fun to watch.  

But to be honest, i know Jalen gets all the hype but i think AJ is playing better than Jalen right now. Does anyone else agree with me on this? For this week's matchup, I would put Bouye on Fitzgerald.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-22-2017, 09:24 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Both of them are great players and are fun to watch.  

But to be honest, i know Jalen gets all the hype but i think AJ is playing better than Jalen right now. Does anyone else agree with me on this? For this week's matchup, I would put Bouye on Fitzgerald.

Ramsey is the more physical of the two with Bouye being the better technician...

I'd put Ramsey on the bigger Fitz and let him bait Gabbert into some throws...Ramsey closing speed is better than Bouye.  You can tell Ramsey was trying to bait Kizer multiple times against Coleman and was just a hair late...

Bouye SHOULD be playing better than Ramsey right now. He's a multi-year veteran who just signed a blockbuster deal. IF he is playing better than Jalen, now that is debateable. Some teams wont even look to throw to the side of the field number 20 is at. They're both extremely good at what they do.

I think Ramsey's physicality makes him slightly better in a lot of matchups... but let's be honest... it doesn't matter. They're both fully capable of locking down the #1. Sometimes Ramsey will shadow, sometimes they'll just leave Bouye on his side and he'll pick up WR1.

Both guys are playing lights out.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Fitz plays a ton of slot so I'd imagine we'll see all 3 of our corners covering him. At this stage in the game Larry isn't going to burn you down the sideline but he will cut you up in the middle and short. Leaving Colvin on him wouldn't be ideal.

They don't really have any danger men but John Brown is very good as a deep threat on his day. Jaron Brown is big and fast and can burn deep too.

Even though this is a bad cardinals team Arians can call deep shots with the best of them. I'd keep a safety further back than usual.

(11-22-2017, 10:00 AM)JackCity Wrote: Fitz plays a ton of slot so I'd imagine we'll see all 3 of our corners covering him. At this stage in the game Larry isn't going to burn you down the sideline but he will cut you up in the middle and short. Leaving Colvin on him wouldn't be ideal.

They don't really have any danger men but John Brown is very good as a deep threat on his day. Jaron Brown is big and fast and can burn deep too.  

Even though this is a bad cardinals team Arians can call deep shots with the best of them. I'd keep a safety further back than usual.

Calling deep shots plays into our D's hands tho...

John Brown isnt playing

(11-22-2017, 09:24 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Both of them are great players and are fun to watch.  

All this winning must be very difficult for you.
Huh

(11-22-2017, 10:08 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 10:00 AM)JackCity Wrote: Fitz plays a ton of slot so I'd imagine we'll see all 3 of our corners covering him. At this stage in the game Larry isn't going to burn you down the sideline but he will cut you up in the middle and short. Leaving Colvin on him wouldn't be ideal.

Yep. That’s the team strength. I think that’s why the interceptions had decreased over the past few weeks. Teams just decide not to. The minute Rivers went deep for the third time it directly led to a loss. Kizer kept trying and it went horribly. I hope Arians sticks to his deep pass offense.

I agree Bouye is playing better. I see Ramsey muddle around and take plays off. I think it was the Chargers game where I really noticed this. The Browns game, I'm not sure if he was trying to bait Kizer or was playing further and further off because he was tired. It just appears Bouye plays consistently is what I'm saying.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Agreed because in order to throw deep, your Oline needs to block for a while.

Bouye = polished vet technique

Ramsey = ultra elite athlete that keeps getting better

You can put either of them on Fitz and do just fine. But unless they shadow him it will be Colvin getting him the most. Fitz plays the slot a lot now.

If I were going to put one guy on fitz it would be Ramsey without question.

Sure does. Great matchup passing wise. Still need to be careful as Arians schemes good deep balls against pretty much every defense regardless of what receivers he has or how his line blocks.

(11-22-2017, 11:24 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 10:08 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Calling deep shots plays into our D's hands tho...

Sure does. Great matchup passing wise. Still need to be careful as Arians schemes good deep balls against pretty much every defense regardless of what receivers he has or how his line blocks.
Scheming with Palmer is very different than Scheming with Gabbert.

But to be honest, i know Jalen gets all the hype but i think AJ is playing better than Jalen right now. Does anyone else agree with me on this?

No, I do not agree.  I think they are both really good.  The reason Bouye seems to be standing out lately is teams don't throw at Ramsey.  They throw at Bouye instead, and he's making them pay. 

But, one better than the other?   I don't think one is better than the other.

(11-22-2017, 11:51 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 11:24 AM)JackCity Wrote: Sure does. Great matchup passing wise. Still need to be careful as Arians schemes good deep balls against pretty much every defense regardless of what receivers he has or how his line blocks.
Scheming with Palmer is very different than Scheming with Gabbert.
You'd think that but Arians has been dialling up the same deep balls with Stanton and Gabbert. It's just how he is. 

Gabbert and Stanton aren't nearly as good as Palmer but Bruce still calls largely the same games. Just more quick hitters and dump offs to balance it.

I thought Ramsey was outplaying him for the first half of the season, but I think Bouye has played better the last 3 or 4 games. Some of it is Ramsey being a little impatient and trying to bait some throws. Either way, they are both playing at an elite level.

As in right now you mean one game where Ramsey gave up catches in Clev, other then that nobody catches anything on him other then lil 6 yard out routes
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

"I'm bored and can't entertain myself. So I'm going to write something that is controversial in order to stir up conversation since I don't know how to write 'Here are the reasons why I think ### is better than YYY. I feel that way because XXX.'"
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(11-22-2017, 12:51 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

But to be honest, i know Jalen gets all the hype but i think AJ is playing better than Jalen right now. Does anyone else agree with me on this?

No, I do not agree.  I think they are both really good.  The reason Bouye seems to be standing out lately is teams don't throw at Ramsey.  They throw at Bouye instead, and he's making them pay. 

But, one better than the other?   I don't think one is better than the other.

My feelings exactly. Either way, they’re both playing like top 5 at their position and it’s awesome. 

Awesome Brooklyn, enjoy it!