Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey Vs Bouye

(11-22-2017, 04:41 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 12:51 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:  

Brooklyn, enjoy it!
Does not compute.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ramsey will ultimately be the better of the two. He's a freak of an athlete and works hard at his craft and has an attitude to push him into greatness. AJ is a talented, experienced and elite CB in his own right. I'd say AJ right now due to experience but having both on the same team is a luxury without a doubt.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

A lot of it is ego..which is both good and bad for corners. Ramsey isn't getting thrown at as much which gives Bouye better stats. We know Jalen wants to be the alpha dog so I think he's been playing a little more loose to invite some throws.i don't really care. Both are playing like the top corners in the league. We got a taste of this with Derrick Freaking Cox playing great for a season that brought the best out of Reshean Mathis in '11 and I'm just enjoying not many receivers open down the field. The best thing I can say is that there are very few blown coverages between the corners and the safeties. And like I said earlier this week..Ramsey wasn't tired of lackadaisical in the Browns game that saw Coleman get like 6 catches for 60+ yards. Coleman pushed off the whole game and wasn't getting flagged. Only way to counter is the play off like Jalen was doing. FYI guys..we are 3-0 since I bought my Jalen Ramsey jersey. Still haven't washed it!
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(11-22-2017, 11:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Bouye = polished vet technique

Ramsey = ultra elite athlete that keeps getting better

You can put either of them on Fitz and do just fine. But unless they shadow him it will be  Colvin getting him the most.  Fitz plays the slot a lot now.

If I were going to put one guy on fitz it would be Ramsey without question.

Just to piggyback off this, here's an excerpt from Matthew Berry's Love/Hate this week:

Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals: Insert wide receiver facing the Jaguars here. The Jags have allowed the fewest receptions and receiving yards to slot receivers this year and are one of two teams yet to allow a touchdown to a WR lined up in the slot this season. In fact, in the past four games, they've allowed a TOTAL of nine receptions. Fitz is a Hall of Famer, but this column is about expectations, and it's easy to see why they are much lower this week than normal.

Obviously Fitz is better than any slot WR we've faced this year, but it really does help to show how well Colvin has been playing this season.  He may not be on their level as an outside corner, but he's played as well as a slot corner as they have as outside corners.

(11-22-2017, 09:36 PM)empty Wrote:

You can put either of them on Fitz and do just fine. But unless they shadow him it will be  Colvin getting him the most.  Fitz plays the slot a lot now.

Just to piggyback off this, here's an excerpt from Matthew Berry's Love/Hate this week:

Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals: Insert wide receiver facing the Jaguars here. The Jags have allowed the fewest receptions and receiving yards to slot receivers this year and are one of two teams yet to allow a touchdown to a WR lined up in the slot this season. In fact, in the past four games, they've allowed a TOTAL of nine receptions. Fitz is a Hall of Famer, but this column is about expectations, and it's easy to see why they are much lower this week than normal.

Obviously Fitz is better than any slot WR we've faced this year, but it really does help to show how well Colvin has been playing this season.  He may not be on their level as an outside corner, but he's played as well as a slot corner as they have as outside corners.

I'd agree that Colvin has played his role just as well. None of them get tested much regardless. The entire Secondary is rock solid. They all good.

Most of the passing yards that have been put up on this Defense (and it hasn't been much) has either been dump offs to the RB, or over the top of a LB.

It will be interesting to see if Colvin, who went through all of the losing these past 3 years, will want to stay here or try and chase the money. I think he'd still get a fairly solid contract here and I think it'd be real foolish for him to want too leave now.

Nope.. they're both playing at an insane level!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(11-22-2017, 10:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 09:36 PM)empty Wrote: Just to piggyback off this, here's an excerpt from Matthew Berry's Love/Hate this week:

I'd agree that Colvin has played his role just as well. None of them get tested much regardless. The entire Secondary is rock solid. They all good.

Most of the passing yards that have been put up on this Defense (and it hasn't been much) has either been dump offs to the RB, or over the top of a LB.

It will be interesting to see if Colvin, who went through all of the losing these past 3 years, will want to stay here or try and chase the money. I think he'd still get a fairly solid contract here and I think it'd be real foolish for him to want too leave now.

Colvin would be a fool not to chase the money.  He hasnt gotten a payday yet.  He could end up like House and sign bigger money elsewhere but come back in 2 or 3 years.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2017, 12:15 PM by Caldrac.)

Bouye has 4 INT's because nobody throws at Ramsey. You're a daisy if you do at this point. I think they compliment each other extremely well. But Ramsey is the guy. He'll follow Fitzgerald.

And yeah. As some have pointed out. Colvin deserves A LOT of love. He's an unsung hero in that secondary. He's a sure fire tackler and he's played his role extremely well this year. Still effective off the edge too flying from the nickel slot position.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-23-2017, 11:29 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 10:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I'd agree that Colvin has played his role just as well. None of them get tested much regardless. The entire Secondary is rock solid. They all good.

Colvin would be a fool not to chase the money.  He hasnt gotten a payday yet.  He could end up like House and sign bigger money elsewhere but come back in 2 or 3 years.

The difference is that Green Bay has one of the worst Secondarys in the league and has for awhile. They were desperate to get House back. They never should have let him go, but they refuse to pay their players.

In 2-3 years (if he leaves) Colvin will be long gone, out of sight, out of mind. This team will have his replacement and wont need him. I don't see him coming back here if he leaves.

Also, I think it'd be foolish for a team to overpay and pay him outside CB money, when he's a nickle CB in the NFL. What has he shown to be paid a high amount of money as an outside CB?

(11-22-2017, 09:24 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Both of them are great players and are fun to watch.  

But to be honest, i know Jalen gets all the hype but i think AJ is playing better than Jalen right now. Does anyone else agree with me on this? For this week's matchup, I would put Bouye on Fitzgerald.

Bouye was definitely better in the Cleveland game. It's hard to gauge this kind of thing because sometimes they just avoid your side of the field altogether and your stats suffer. Ramsey gave up a couple of conversions to Coleman last week. Bouye gave up one completion and had an interception and almost a 2nd interception.
No pain, no gain.

I keep wondering if Fitz might put some tricky veteran move on the younger Ramsey. I'd almost rather free Jalen up for the other guys knowing that AJ Bouye (or Colvin in the slot) should have no real issues handling the old guy.

As for who is better??? I'll say that Ramsey is better, but Bouye is playing better right this second ...if that makes any sense.

(11-23-2017, 07:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-23-2017, 11:29 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Colvin would be a fool not to chase the money.  He hasnt gotten a payday yet.  He could end up like House and sign bigger money elsewhere but come back in 2 or 3 years.

The difference is that Green Bay has one of the worst Secondarys in the league and has for awhile. They were desperate to get House back. They never should have let him go, but they refuse to pay their players.

In 2-3 years (if he leaves) Colvin will be long gone, out of sight, out of mind. This team will have his replacement and wont need him. I don't see him coming back here if he leaves.

Also, I think it'd be foolish for a team to overpay and pay him outside CB money, when he's a nickle CB in the NFL. What has he shown to be paid a high amount of money as an outside CB?

I agree. Colvin should only get like $9 mil per... he's an inside guy. The outside guys make like $12 to $13 mil per... someone else can pay that if they really want him that bad.
'02

(11-25-2017, 08:38 AM)Jags02 Wrote:

I keep wondering if Fitz might put some tricky veteran move on the younger Ramsey. I'd almost rather free Jalen up for the other guys knowing that AJ Bouye (or Colvin in the slot) should have no real issues handling the old guy.

As for who is better??? I'll say that Ramsey is better, but Bouye is playing better right this second ...if that makes any sense.

(11-23-2017, 07:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The difference is that Green Bay has one of the worst Secondarys in the league and has for awhile. They were desperate to get House back. They never should have let him go, but they refuse to pay their players.

I agree. Colvin should only get like $9 mil per... he's an inside guy. The outside guys make like $12 to $13 mil per... someone else can pay that if they really want him that bad.
I'd give Colvin 7 at best. He's gonna have to take less to stay here.

The thing about Colvin is that he is great when he gets to play near the LoS. He is very good in run support, blitzing, and preventing the shallow crossers that so many teams use as big YAC plays (including us this year). However, when he has been tested vertically instead of horizontally he gets beat his fair share of the time...think back to the Titans second half. Fitzgerald is definitely the type of slot receiver that is going to test him vertically, so it's going to be a great challenge.

What a great debate to be having. Both of them are great and we get to have them both.