Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2018 Fanspeak

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2017, 05:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

First one of the year, I did the Fanspeak draft on difficult.  Thought the way it fell out was great and the offense improved a lot and also got a stout corner to take Colvins place.  I think my sleep pick was in the 7th.  Not sure how he fell that far but Sills is 6'4" with 18 TDs on the year, a huge body for when we get in the redzone.  Sills and A Rob on the edges with Goedert at TE and Westbrook in the slot would be almost impossible to stop if when we get inside the 10.  Great draft though imo

27: R1P27
QB MASON RUDOLPH
OKLAHOMA STATE
59: R2P27
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP
91: R3P27
WR ANTHONY MILLER
MEMPHIS
129: R4P27
TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
206: R6P27
CB DEANDRE BAKER
GEORGIA
230: R7P8
QB RILEY FERGUSON
MEMPHIS
249: R7P27
WR DAVID SILLS
WVU

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

These are fun to do despite being totally unrealistic. No way Goedert falls that far. He'll be a 2nd rounder, at worst. As far as your other picks, I love Rudolph at that spot and it is feasible he will be available. Where the quarterbacks fall will be very much influenced by how they do at the combine and Senior Bowl week. If Rudolph doesn't "wow" anybody with his arm strength at the combine, he will be selected after Rosen, Jackson, Darnold (if he doesn't stay at USC), Mayfield and possibly even Allen. With the likelihood of Smith, Cousins, Bridgewater/Bradford and Taylor going to new teams, the Jaguars will be in an excellent position to either draft their next quarterback or sign a free agent.

I also like your other picks, especially Hernandez and Miller. Don't know much about Ferguson's talent level for the NFL, but he'd be a solid late round pick to compete for back-up q.b.

23: R1P23
QB LAMAR JACKSON
LOUISVILLE
55: R2P23
TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA
87: R3P23
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP
125: R4P23
EDGE MARQUIS HAYNES
MISSISSIPPI
202: R6P23
WR DAVID SILLS
WVU
233: R7P11
P JOHNNY TOWNSEND
FLORIDA
245: R7P23
G ISAIAH WYNN
GEORGIA

Cut:
Bortles
Ivory
Nortman

Sign:
Manning (assuming he’s released)
Justin Pugh

Resign:
ARob
Colvin

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2017, 01:43 PM by Kane.)

These are always fun.
Not sure I like their board currently... but I liked my results.

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P23
G MARTEZ IVEY
FLORIDA
2: R2P23
QB MASON RUDOLPH
OKLAHOMA STATE
3: R3P23
TE MIKE GESICKI
PENN STATE
4: R4P23
CB DONTE JACKSON
LSU
5: R6P23
RB SONY MICHEL
GEORGIA
6: R7P11
LB KENNY YOUNG
UCLA
7: R7P23
WR JONATHAN GILES
TEXAS TECH

(11-29-2017, 11:11 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: 23: R1P23  
QB LAMAR JACKSON
LOUISVILLE
55: R2P23  
TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA
87: R3P23  
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP
125: R4P23  
EDGE MARQUIS HAYNES
MISSISSIPPI
202: R6P23  
WR DAVID SILLS
WVU
233: R7P11  
P JOHNNY TOWNSEND
FLORIDA
245: R7P23  
G ISAIAH WYNN
GEORGIA

Cut:
Bortles
Ivory
Nortman

Sign:
Manning (assuming he’s released)
Justin Pugh

Resign:
ARob
Colvin
I like your draft, especially the top 3 rounds. Agree to cutting Bortles and Ivory. No way Colvin will be back- will cost too much for a nickel, even though he is very valuable to the defense. Your best idea is signing Pugh. I've targeted him for awhile due to his ability to play either guard or tackle at a high level combined with his relationship with Coughlin. I really don't know how I feel about Manning coming here. Whether he has enough left in the tank will be decided by our staff. Obviously Coughlin has a close relationship with him, but I trust T.C. to go with his head and not his heart when making this decision. Signing both Giants and having Jackson waiting in the wings might be the perfect formula to make this team a Super Bowl contender next season and beyond.

Lol here we go again...

Laughing
Love it.

So unrealistic....

24: R1P24
QB BAKER MAYFIELD
OKLAHOMA

56: R2P24 
TE TROY FUMAGALLI
WISCONSIN

88: R3P24 
RB SONY MICHEL
GEORGIA

126: R4P24 
WR JAYLEN SMITH
LOUISVILLE

203: R6P24 
CB DUKE DAWSON
FLORIDA

231: R7P9 
OT ZACHARY CRABTREE
OKLAHOMA ST

246: R7P24
EDGE CECE JEFFERSON
FLORIDA

LB ROQUON SMITH
GEORGIA
G ISAIAH WYNN
GEORGIA
WR D.J. MOORE
MARYLAND
CB JORDAN THOMAS
OKLAHOMA
QB NICK FITZGERALD
MISSISSIPPI STATE
OT IKE BOETTGER
IOWA
EDGE ANDREW TRUMBETTI
NOTRE DAME

Really wanted to address LB... Also would've considered Ivey in the 1st but was taken one before me.

(12-07-2017, 12:00 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: 24: R1P24
LB ROQUON SMITH
GEORGIA
G ISAIAH WYNN
GEORGIA
WR D.J. MOORE
MARYLAND
CB JORDAN THOMAS
OKLAHOMA
QB NICK FITZGERALD
MISSISSIPPI STATE

OT IKE BOETTGER
IOWA
EDGE ANDREW TRUMBETTI
NOTRE DAME

Really wanted to address LB... Also would've considered Ivey in the 1st but was taken one before me.

We need a TE...unless that is what you picked Fitzgerald for. 

The guy is a horrible passer and now that he had his ankle destroyed he might not ever be the same runner he was.

QB MASON RUDOLPH
OKLAHOMA STATE

G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP

CB CARLTON DAVIS
AUBURN

TE MIKE GESICKI
PENN STATE

OT IKE BOETTGER
IOWA

LB DORIAN O'DANIEL
CLEMSON

WR J'MON MOORE
MISSOURI

1) Mark Andrews TE - Oklahoma- Gives us a big mobile target. Great red zone threat, good route runner, strong hands. Good YAC. Really good prospect.

2) Wyatt Teller G -Virginia tech - Big mauling guard who's been one of the most efficient pass blocking guards in the country. Played 39 games for V-Tech. Nasty. Day 1 starter next year.

3) Jaylen Samuels - RB/TE/WR - NC State - Favourite prospect in the draft this year. 5'11 230. Legitimately can play several positions on offense. Great hands and route runner. Loads of rushing touchdowns. Plays in the slot, out of the backfield as a receiver. Also runs outside routes. Touchdown machine and has been the key cog for NC State. He's perfect as a backup running back, starting slot/TE. Basically Delanie Walker mixed with Kyle Juszczyk. Elite.

4) Allen Lazard WR - Iowa state - 6-5 big bodied possession receiver. Not the fastest but has extremely strong hands and is one of the best contested catch guys in college. Might struggle to get him here but the WR class is very deep.

6) Jalen Davis S/CB - Utah state - Nickelback. Big time playmaker with 3 TDs this year. Strong tackler. Can double at safety. Very similar to Xavier Woods and that San Diego state CB from last year Lazee.

7) Tyler Tezeno - G - Sam Houston - Small schools guard. 6'5 320 and surprisingly agile. Blocked for a screen heavy offense so he's good on the move.

(12-09-2017, 10:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: 1) Mark Andrews TE - Oklahoma- Gives us a big mobile target. Great red zone threat, good route runner, strong hands. Good YAC. Really good prospect.

2) Wyatt Teller G -Virginia tech - Big mauling guard who's been one of the most efficient pass blocking guards in the country. Played 39 games for V-Tech. Nasty. Day 1 starter next year.

3) Jaylen Samuels -  RB/TE/WR - NC State - Favourite prospect in the draft this year. 5'11 230. Legitimately can play several positions on offense. Great hands and route runner. Loads of rushing touchdowns. Plays in the slot, out of the backfield as a receiver. Also runs outside routes. Touchdown machine and has been the key cog for NC State. He's perfect as a backup running back, starting slot/TE. Basically Delanie Walker mixed with Kyle Juszczyk. Elite.  

4) Allen Lazard WR - Iowa state - 6-5 big bodied possession receiver. Not the fastest but has extremely strong hands and is one of the best contested catch guys in college. Might struggle to get him here but the WR class is very deep.

6) Jalen Davis S/CB - Utah state - Nickelback. Big time playmaker with 3 TDs this year. Strong tackler. Can double at safety. Very similar to Xavier Woods and that San Diego state CB from last year Lazee.

7) Tyler Tezeno - G - Sam Houston - Small schools guard. 6'5 320 and surprisingly agile. Blocked for a screen heavy offense so he's good on the move.

This would be a real nice haul.

(12-10-2017, 08:55 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(12-09-2017, 10:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: 1) Mark Andrews TE - Oklahoma- Gives us a big mobile target. Great red zone threat, good route runner, strong hands. Good YAC. Really good prospect.

3) Jaylen Samuels -  RB/TE/WR - NC State - Favourite prospect in the draft this year. 5'11 230. Legitimately can play several positions on offense. Great hands and route runner. Loads of rushing touchdowns. Plays in the slot, out of the backfield as a receiver. Also runs outside routes. Touchdown machine and has been the key cog for NC State. He's perfect as a backup running back, starting slot/TE. Basically Delanie Walker mixed with Kyle Juszczyk. Elite.  

Where's the QB? To me, any draft that doesn't include a QB, doesn't get us anywhere.

(12-10-2017, 10:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-10-2017, 08:55 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: This would be a real nice haul.

Where's the QB? To me, any draft that doesn't include a QB, doesn't get us anywhere.

I would assume he is expecting the Jaguars to pick someone up in free agency. Of course, if they did go the free agent route I wouldn't expect them to keep Bortles so they still would need to draft a quarterback to develop at some point in this draft. I do tend to agree with you about drafting our quarterback of the future in the first round, even if it means trading up a little. The big problem is none of these potential draft picks are slam dunks. As much as you love Mayfield and Rudolph, both of these guys come with a "buyer beware" warning. The same goes for Lamar Jackson, who is also a possibility when the Jaguars pick. My guess is that one of these three will eventually become a top 10 franchise quarterback while the other 2 will flame out. Mayfield is definitely the most intriguing to me, but he is kind of a natural "gunslinger" like Blake, although he is certainly much more accurate. His "behavioral" issues are also troublesome to me. How will he handle adversity, which he is likely to encounter in the NFL? Jackson's size scares me too much to take him, especially with all the running he does. With all that being said, I would prefer Rudolph as he has the best combination of size, accuracy and leadership. If the Jaguars feel his success is not simply due to playing in a conference that plays little defense, they should target him- even if it means trading up a few spots. 

As far as the mock draft without a quarterback, I agree with the the comment "it would be a great haul." Andrews has amazing potential and would make life much easier for whoever is the quarterback. I love the 2nd round guard, as this is still a need area and if he is a day 1 starter it would be a great pick. Samuels would be a great weapon for this team and become a fan favorite and the nickel pick would be a steal that late in the draft. Combine that draft with Tyrod Taylor or, dare I say, the new and improved Blake Bortles, and there is not much to complain about. Blake's future as a Jaguar will be determined by how he performs today, as well as in the playoffs. If he steps up his game against top defenses like Seattle, his critics (including me) will have to admit we were wrong when saying he'd never become a winning quarterback in the NFL.

(12-10-2017, 01:24 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-10-2017, 10:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Where's the QB? To me, any draft that doesn't include a QB, doesn't get us anywhere.

I would assume he is expecting the Jaguars to pick someone up in free agency. Of course, if they did go the free agent route I wouldn't expect them to keep Bortles so they still would need to draft a quarterback to develop at some point in this draft. I do tend to agree with you about drafting our quarterback of the future in the first round, even if it means trading up a little. The big problem is none of these potential draft picks are slam dunks. As much as you love Mayfield and Rudolph, both of these guys come with a "buyer beware" warning. The same goes for Lamar Jackson, who is also a possibility when the Jaguars pick. My guess is that one of these three will eventually become a top 10 franchise quarterback while the other 2 will flame out. Mayfield is definitely the most intriguing to me, but he is kind of a natural "gunslinger" like Blake, although he is certainly much more accurate. His "behavioral" issues are also troublesome to me. How will he handle adversity, which he is likely to encounter in the NFL? Jackson's size scares me too much to take him, especially with all the running he does. With all that being said, I would prefer Rudolph as he has the best combination of size, accuracy and leadership. If the Jaguars feel his success is not simply due to playing in a conference that plays little defense, they should target him- even if it means trading up a few spots. 

As far as the mock draft without a quarterback, I agree with the the comment "it would be a great haul." Andrews has amazing potential and would make life much easier for whoever is the quarterback. I love the 2nd round guard, as this is still a need area and if he is a day 1 starter it would be a great pick. Samuels would be a great weapon for this team and become a fan favorite and the nickel pick would be a steal that late in the draft. Combine that draft with Tyrod Taylor or, dare I say, the new and improved Blake Bortles, and there is not much to complain about. Blake's future as a Jaguar will be determined by how he performs today, as well as in the playoffs. If he steps up his game against top defenses like Seattle, his critics (including me) will have to admit we were wrong when saying he'd never become a winning quarterback in the NFL.

I just don't find acquiring Kirk Cousins a very realistic scenario given how much we've spent to build the defense. Spending so much money on Cousins would mean we'd have to dump a lot of salary in the first 2-3 years and that seems very counter productive to me. I just don't see it happening. As far as acquiring Eli Manning, he's got very little gas in the tank and getting him would be more of a band aid than it would an instant fix. Even if we did land him, we'd likely have to draft a QB to take his place in the next 2 years or so. I just don't wanna pass up on getting a QB in this draft, since rarely do you see a class like this, with more than one guy who has the potential to be an instant starter. As far as QB's in this draft with "buyer beware" labels, that can be said for any rookie QB. No rookie is a sure thing. Andrew Luck was the most heralded QB I've ever seen coming out of college and even he has had his problems in the NFL. You can't be afraid to pull the trigger on a rookie, because of the risks. That's life. You can never improve unless you're willing to roll the dice every once in a while.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2017, 04:15 PM by JackCity.)

(12-10-2017, 08:55 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:

Would cover pretty much everything I think..granted a developmental QB would probably be a good add.

(12-10-2017, 10:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-10-2017, 08:55 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: This would be a real nice haul.

Would be predicted by picking up Cousins/Tyrod etc etc although I would like to add a developmental guy like Lauletta.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 10:07 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

This one is on Matt Millers and difficult. I did this counting on us keeping Blake next year.

WR COURTLAND SUTTON
SMU
TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA
RB BRYCE LOVE
STANFORD
OT DESMOND HARRISON
WEST GEORGIA
205: R6P27
QB RILEY FERGUSON
MEMPHIS
228: R7P9
P JOHNNY TOWNSEND
FLORIDA
246: R7P27
CB SHAQ WIGGINS
LOUISVILLE

Harrison could be the steal of our draft, would finally have a solid backup tackle and a Fournette and Love RB duo for the future would be a nighmare for opposing defenses

We let A Rob and Lee walk and resign

Omameh
Lambo
Mickens
Poz
Bohanon
Colvin (4 year 28 mil. offer)

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2017, 07:23 AM by Caldrac.)

WR COURTLAND SUTTON
SMU

Reason: Assuming we lose either Robinson, Lee or Hurns from our primary trio. Sutton replaces one of them.

RB NICK CHUBB
GEORGIA

Reason: Injury concerns with Fournette. I don't expect Yeldon to be back. Ivory is expensive. Chubb is explosive and a work horse. Would compliment the offense well.

TE TROY FUMAGALLI
WISCONSIN

Reason: Respectable receiving threat. Lewis isn't getting any younger. Assuming Rivera, Koyack and O'Shaugnessy are more of the balanced type and aide in blocking.

QB JOSH ALLEN
WYOMING

Reason: I am still thinking this team signs a veteran QB to replace Henne with legitimate threatening ability to Bortles. Allen is a young prospect with a lot of promise. Could be a good developmental player with starting potential.

WR BRAXTON BERRIOS
MIAMI

Reason: I think he's an undersized guy but he uses that to his advantage. I've seen him flash in a lot of games this year for the Hurricanes. I think he would help out on Special Teams and replaces Greene who hasn't been able to stay healthy.

CB KEVIN TOLIVER
LSU

Reason: Big, physical CB with a hit/miss to him from LSU. Adds depth and can maybe compete for a role on Special Teams as a rookie.

EDGE ANDREW TRUMBETTI
NOTRE DAME

Reason: This was honestly a throw away selection for me. He was the top man on the board. I know little of him. A quick review of his stat sheet and overall size seems like he's maybe worth a shot here.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Matt Miller and Difficult setting

Offseason:
Bortles kept at 19M
AR15 franchised/1 year prove it deal
Omameh resigned

Lee/Lewis/Colvin allowed to walk
Ivory/Hurns cut

QB MASON RUDOLPH
OKLAHOMA STATE
We get our Franchise QB to groom for the future...while Bortles has looked good the past 2 weeks you don't pass on a QB of this caliber....worst case scenario if Bortles continues his good performance we have a elite back up and can hold ala Garropolo

TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA
Mercede's replacement we get a TE that can do it all and steps in as day 1 starter.

WR ANTHONY MILLER
MEMPHIS
With Hurns and Lee gone the WR corp of AR15/Dede/Cole looks serviceable but Miller adds a new dimension that takes this WR corp to Elite status.

OT DESMOND HARRISON
WEST GEORGIA
Wanted to get OL earlier but feel this guy could be the big sleeper in the OL class.

QB RILEY FERGUSON
MEMPHIS
Still my favored QB if we don't get one in round 1...will realistically be gone by the 2nd/3rd but we double dip in case Rudolph flops ala RG3/Cousins.

CB SHAQ WIGGINS
LOUISVILLE
Another CB to try and fill Colvin void.

CB KEN WEBSTER JR.
OLE MISS
Has stated he is coming back for his Senior year but this would be ridiculous value as he is easily a 2nd-3rd round prospect.

TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
C BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
CB DUKE DAWSON
FLORIDA
WR AUDEN TATE
FLORIDA STATE
S TRAY MATTHEWS
AUBURN
LB NICK DELUCA
NORTH DAKOTA STATE
DL JOSHUA FRAZIER
ALABAMA

Colvin and AR walk. Lee is resigned. Hurns is kept.
No QB was available at any spot worth drafting really, so in this scenario we play Bortles out on option and sign FA like Bradford/Kennum
Not the best scenario to play out if Bortles reverts but it is what it is.
Goedert is that play making TE we've been lacking.
Price can play C or G, probably at OG if they are intent on keeping Linder at C.
Tate is AR15-esque.
Dawson replaces Colvin.
Depth at LB and on DL.

Not sure I like the Matt Miller board lol