Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2018 Fanspeak

(03-09-2018, 02:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 02:40 PM)Dimson Wrote: 29: R1P29
TE MIKE GESICKI
PENN STATE
61: R2P29
WR CHRISTIAN KIRK
TEXAS A&M
93: R3P29
TE HAYDEN HURST
SOUTH CAROLINA
129: R4P29
C FRANK RAGNOW
ARKANSAS
203: R6P29
LB SIONE TEUHEMA
SE LOUISIANA
230: R7P12
G KJ MALONE
LSU
247: R7P29
QB CHASE LITTON
MARSHALL
If this is even possible, I'm so down.
I’d take another OL or maybe a LB/CB with the 3rd rd pick over a #3 TE who wont see the field year 1

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 04:05 PM by Dimson.)

29: R1P29

QB LAMAR JACKSON

LOUISVILLE

TE MIKE GESICKI

PENN STATE

WR TRE'QUAN SMITH

UCF

WR AUDEN TATE

FLORIDA STATE

LB MIKE MCCRAY

MICHIGAN

RB KAMRYN PETTWAY

AUBURN

CB RASHAAN GAULDEN

TENNESSEE

(03-09-2018, 03:32 PM)JNev Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 02:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: If this is even possible, I'm so down.
I’d take another OL or maybe a LB/CB with the 3rd rd pick over a #3 TE who wont see the field year 1

In my mock, there was not anyone with value of a 3rd TE. His pass catching ability is outstanding.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA
DL TIM SETTLE
VIRGINIA TECH
LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN
CENTRAL FLORIDA
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME
P MICHAEL DICKSON
TEXAS
QB CHASE LITTON
MARSHALL

Just did this one:

Rd. 1 - Will Hernandez
Rd. 2 - James Daniels
Rd. 3 - Anthony Miller
Rd. 4 - Hayden Hurst
Rd. 6 - Rashaan Gaulden
Rd. 7 - Darrell Williams and Chase Litton

Despite being quite biased (obviously, these were my picks), I love this draft. Hernandez and Daniels will solidify the interior line for years to come. Miller and Hurst were steals; don't know how Hurst fell so far in this mock. I researched Gaulden before picking him, but he looks like a great replacement for Colvin. He's very athletic and plays with an attitude. Finally, Williams and Litton are developmental guys. Williams could possibly fill the Ivory role and is very reliable (won't fumble), can block and catch the ball out of the backfield while Litton may be practice squad material, but he does have some potential.

The obvious weaknesses were not getting a quarterback higher as well as an offensive tackle and linebacker for depth. No way to get everything, but I like the way value met need in this mock. I believe all these picks are viable come late April except Hurst. In his place, I'd hope to get Schultz, Thomas or Fumagalli.

Prior to the draft, I would have targeted a "receiving " tight end like Burton and likely a veteran quarterback at the right price who could fill in for Bortles, if necessary. These guys are a dime a dozen; they won't carry a team to the Super Bowl, but can win a game or two when called upon.

G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP
67: R3P3
TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA
LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE
104: R4P4
CB DUKE DAWSON
FLORIDA
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME
152: R5P15
WR ALLEN LAZARD
IOWA STATE
CB SEAN CHANDLER
TEMPLE
QB TANNER LEE
NEBRASKA

TRADES
TRADE PARTNER:
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
SENT:
ROUND: 2 PICK: 29
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 3 PICK: 3
ROUND: 4 PICK: 4
TRADE PARTNER:
ARIZONA CARDINALS
SENT:
ROUND: 6 PICK: 29
FUTURE ROUND 6 PICK
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 5 PICK: 15

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2018, 02:27 PM by Caldrac.)

I would be happy if the draft turned out like this. I was surprised with how some of these players fell. I know it's not realistic but it's fun to dream. I also used Walterfootball.com's prospect rankings list to help guide me a bit once I got beyond the 5th round.

R1 P29: Calvin Ridley - WR - Alabama - 1st overall on Walterfootball.com
R2 P29: Billy Price - C - Ohio State - 1st overall on Walterfootball.com
R3 P29: Hayden Hurst - TE - South Carolina - 1st overall on Walterfootball.com
R4 P29: Kalen Ballage - RB - Arizona State - 8th overall on Walterfootball.com
R6 P29: Dalton Schultz - TE - Stanford - 4th overall on Walterfootball.com
R7 P12: Antonio Callaway - WR - Florida - 28th overall on Walterfootball.com
R7 P29: Sean Welsh - G - Iowa - 9th overall on Walterfootball.com

Just some quick thoughts and some reasons on my decisions. Ridley is a top ten or fifteen pick. He's a steal where I got him. With Robinson more than likely not coming back and no telling with Lee. Adding Ridley to the mix with Westbrook, Hurns and Cole seemed to make sense. Price is a good player. Gives us the option to move Linder back to G where he's probably better suited for the team. Or, Price can play G. Hurst in RD3 is a steal. He's probably the most ready to go and well balanced TE of this class. Ballage may be a physical freak. He's 6-2, 228 pounds and clocked a 4.46 40 time. He's got great size, power and speed and can also catch the ball out of the backfield. Doesn't have a lot of wear and tear on his legs coming out either. Could be a great steal and rotational back.

Schultz made sense to me in R6 this late. Even though I stole Hurst in RD3 I felt like I was robbing a bank with Schultz in RD6. If it's true that we're moving towards a more twin TE set on offense. Having him paired up with Hurst could be scary. And with Lewis not getting any younger it made sense to go a head and invest twice at the position. Especially with him still on the board. He's a great blocker. Apparently runs great routes and has above average hands. Could be a sneaky option in the receiving game once the run gets going. Callaway is a total dirt bag. But, when scouts are saying he has first round talent. And he's been compared to Antonio Brown. Couldn't pass up on him this late. If he's turned a new leaf. He's another steal.

No very little about Welsh. But he's versatile from what I've read about on him. He's played right tackle, some time at center and he's billed primarily as a guard. Should be a good depth player at best. And you can never have too much good depth along the trenches.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-11-2018, 02:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I would be happy if the draft turned out like this. I was surprised with how some of these players fell. I know it's not realistic but it's fun to dream. I also used Walterfootball.com's prospect rankings list to help guide me a bit once I got beyond the 5th round.

R1 P29: Calvin Ridley - WR - Alabama - 1st overall on Walterfootball.com
R2 P29: Billy Price - C - Ohio State - 1st overall on Walterfootball.com
R3 P29: Hayden Hurst - TE - South Carolina - 1st overall on Walterfootball.com
R4 P29: Kalen Ballage - RB - Arizona State - 8th overall on Walterfootball.com
R6 P29: Dalton Schultz - TE - Stanford - 4th overall on Walterfootball.com
R7 P12: Antonio Callaway - WR - Florida - 28th overall on Walterfootball.com
R7 P29: Sean Welsh - G - Iowa - 9th overall on Walterfootball.com

Just some quick thoughts and some reasons on my decisions. Ridley is a top ten or fifteen pick. He's a steal where I got him. With Robinson more than likely not coming back and no telling with Lee. Adding Ridley to the mix with Westbrook, Hurns and Cole seemed to make sense. Price is a good player. Gives us the option to move Linder back to G where he's probably better suited for the team. Or, Price can play G. Hurst in RD3 is a steal. He's probably the most ready to go and well balanced TE of this class. Ballage may be a physical freak. He's 6-2, 228 pounds and clocked a 4.46 40 time. He's got great size, power and speed and can also catch the ball out of the backfield. Doesn't have a lot of wear and tear on his legs coming out either. Could be a great steal and rotational back.

Schultz made sense to me in R6 this late. Even though I stole Hurst in RD3 I felt like I was robbing a bank with Schultz in RD6. If it's true that we're moving towards a more twin TE set on offense. Having him paired up with Hurst could be scary. And with Lewis not getting any younger it made sense to go a head and invest twice at the position. Especially with him still on the board. He's a great blocker. Apparently runs great routes and has above average hands. Could be a sneaky option in the receiving game once the run gets going. Callaway is a total dirt bag. But, when scouts are saying he has first round talent. And he's been compared to Antonio Brown. Couldn't pass up on him this late. If he's turned a new leaf. He's another steal.

No very little about Welsh. But he's versatile from what I've read about on him. He's played right tackle, some time at center and he's billed primarily as a guard. Should be a good depth player at best. And you can never have too much good depth along the trenches.
This would be a great haul for the Jaguars. The only change would be finding a nickel replacement for Colvin if he's not re-signed. It would be great if Ridley did fall that far and stranger things have happened. Hate to say it, but I also love the Callaway pick. They'd have nothing to lose taking him that late. If they did sign him, however, his contract would have to include a bonus for NEVER speaking to DeDe Westbrook. Can't believe them becoming friends would be good for anybody.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2018, 10:32 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
C BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
WR ANTHONY MILLER
MEMPHIS
WR MICHAEL GALLUP
COLORADO STATE
CB DARIUS PHILLIPS
WESTERN MICHIGAN
LB JACK CICHY
WISCONSIN
EDGE ANTHONY WINBUSH
BALL STATE

With Cole, Westbrook, Hurns, Miller, and Gallup our WR corps went from a weakness to a strenght

Just did my first draft post- free agency picks:

Rd. 1 - Mason Rudolph (Might not have many chances in the next few years to draft a prospect this good). Eventually replaced Bortles
Rd. 2 - Hayden Hurst
Rd. 3 - Martinas Rankin
Rd. 4 - Kevin Tolliver- nickel to replace Colvin at some point
Rd. 6 - Jaylen Samuels- Versatile and competitive. Great as a receiver coming out of the backfield, but can also play tight end and receiver.
Rd. 7 .- J.K. Scott- New punter and less costly.
Rd. 7- - Cedrick Wilson - competes for last receiver spot. Good bloodlines with size and speed.

some post FA fun

DL TAVEN BRYAN
FLORIDA

today means cuts on the DL will be coming in a year or two, get started on replacements now

TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

easy call

TE HAYDEN HURST
SOUTH CAROLINA

yolo

WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME

Moncrief is just a one year deal, still need a big WR, should sit and learn anyways

LB MATTHEW THOMAS
FLORIDA STATE

LB depth

CB RASHAAN GAULDEN
TENNESSEE

doubt he falls this far

QB CHASE LITTON
MARSHALL

had to get one

QB LAMAR JACKSON
LOUISVILLE

TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

CB M.J. STEWART
NORTH CAROLINA

DL FOLORUNSO FATUKASI
CONNECTICUT

LB CHRISTIAN SAM
ARIZONA STATE

KAMERON KELLY
SAN DIEGO STATE

OT TOBY WEATHERSBY
LSU

I don't know why I keep going back to that simulator (there's always talent that's too good to be available in later rounds,) but I still do. It's still fun.

TE MIKE GESICKI
PENN STATE

C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA

WR DANTE PETTIS
WASHINGTON

CB DARIUS PHILLIPS
WESTERN MICHIGAN

OT JAMIL DEMBY
MAINE

RB AKRUM WADLEY
IOWA

TE CHRIS HERNDON
MIAMI
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Now that the Jags have agreed to terms with ASJ, it was time to do another one of these. I tried to go BAP in most rounds rather than going for need since right now they don't really have any "desperate" positions of need. Here's what I got:

Rd. 1 - Marcus Davenport (edge rusher)
Rd. 2 - Dallas Goedert (tight end)
Rd. 3 - Frank Ragnow (center or guard)
Rd. 4 - Darius Leonard (linebacker)
Rd. 5 - Mike White (quarterback)
Rd. 7- Rashaun Gaulden (nickel/corner)
Rd. 7- Cole Madison (guard)

My favorite picks in this draft were:

1. Davenport- great value pick. May need time to develop, but will enable them to let Fowler go once his contract expires saving the team cap money. Very high ceiling.
2. Goedert- another guy that will need time to develop, but that's why signing ASJ and Benn were important. Another very high ceiling guy compared to Kelce.
3. Ragnow- perfect fit for this team. Move Linder back to guard and I could probably run through the holes they will create despite my 40 time of 7.5 (on a good day).

Actually, I love all my picks except White since I don't think he's ever going to be more than a back-up, but I wanted to take a q.b. and he was o.k. value in the 5th round. Gaulden and Madison may need to start on the practice squad, but both ave potential and Leonard should provide competition at weakside linebacker. Had 19 tackles against Clemson which proves he can play with the "big boys."

Correction: I meant Niles Paul as the 2nd new tight end.

Super unlikely but it would be my ideal draft post FA...

G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP

TE MIKE GESICKI
PENN STATE

QB KYLE LAULETTA
RICHMOND

LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN
CENTRAL FLORIDA

OT BRETT TOTH
ARMY

RB JAYLEN SAMUELS
NORTH CAROLINA STATE

CB GREG STROMAN
VIRGINIA TECH

(03-10-2018, 06:15 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: 29: R1P29
TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA
DL TIM SETTLE
VIRGINIA TECH
LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN
CENTRAL FLORIDA
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME
P MICHAEL DICKSON
TEXAS
QB CHASE LITTON
MARSHALL

I'm not sure we need to draft a Punter, but I'm loving this draft. ...except why Tim Settle? 
'02

(03-18-2018, 04:49 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA
DL TIM SETTLE
VIRGINIA TECH
LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN
CENTRAL FLORIDA
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME
P MICHAEL DICKSON
TEXAS
QB CHASE LITTON
MARSHALL

I'm not sure we need to draft a Punter, but I'm loving this draft. ...except why Tim Settle? 

think we need to start getting cheaper soon on the DL and I think this is a pretty good draft for that...speaking of

[font=Arial,sans-serif]EDGE SAM HUBBARD

OHIO STATE [/font]

[font=Arial,sans-serif]TE MIKE GESICKI

PENN STATE [/font]

[font=Arial,sans-serif]DL TAVEN BRYAN

FLORIDA [/font]

[font=Arial,sans-serif]WR ANTHONY MILLER

MEMPHIS [/font]

[font=Arial,sans-serif]CB HOLTON HILL

TEXAS [/font]

[font=Arial,sans-serif]P MICHAEL DICKSON

TEXAS [/font]

[font=Arial,sans-serif]OT WILL RICHARDSON

NC STATE [/font]

I’d be giddy with this haul

TE MIKE GESICKI
PENN STATE

QB MASON RUDOLPH
OKLAHOMA STATE

OT ORLANDO BROWN
OKLAHOMA

LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN
CENTRAL FLORIDA

RB MARTEZ CARTER
GRAMBLING

S MARCELL HARRIS
FLORIDA

CB DEATRICK NICHOLS
SOUTH FLORIDA

UDFA
P/K/KOS KAARE VEDVIK
MARSHALL

WR THOMAS OWENS
FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL

DT PJ HALL
SAM HOUSTON STATE

TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA
DL TIM SETTLE
VIRGINIA TECH
LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN
CENTRAL FLORIDA
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME
P MICHAEL DICKSON
TEXAS
QB CHASE LITTON
MARSHALL

I'm not sure we need to draft a Punter

Nortman wasn't great last year.

TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA
DL TIM SETTLE
VIRGINIA TECH
LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN
CENTRAL FLORIDA
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME
P MICHAEL DICKSON
TEXAS
QB CHASE LITTON
MARSHALL

I’d like to save the 2 mil and upgrade at the same time.