Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Man sets out to prove the earth is flat by blowing himself up, more or less

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/...own-rocket

Quote:"I don't believe in science," Hughes added. "I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air, about the certain size of rocket nozzles, and thrust. But that's not science, that's just a formula. There's no difference between science and science fiction."

RIP in advance, great adventurer. You were truly a man behind his time. Your memory will live on as a Darwin Award winner. With any luck, we'll get a movie about your flight starring Bill Murray as you.

A moment of silence and a drink for our soon to be departed friend.

[Image: tenor.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2017, 05:17 AM by My Desired Display Name.)

Can one of yall come get your uncle before he kills himself?

(opens up folding chair)
I've gotta see this.

If you're going to die stupidly you may aswell go out in style.

(11-23-2017, 08:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: (opens up folding chair)
I've gotta see this.

I'll bring the beer.  Too bad it won't last long enough for barbeque.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

How can someone even carry on a convo with a human that truly believes the earth is flat?

I mean, I would be like, "Do you really believe this? You do? Damn, you must be the dumbest [BLEEP] on the planet."
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(11-23-2017, 10:48 AM)Jagwired Wrote: How can someone even carry on a convo with a human that truly believes the earth is flat?

I mean, I would be like, "Do you really believe this? You do? Damn, you must be the dumbest [BLEEP] on the planet."

Anyone who's ever taken a commercial flight over open water on a clear day can see the curvature of the earth. But hey, who am I to stop this guy from aiming for the stars? Even if he misses, he'll still be a YouTube sensation.

I initially misread the title of this thread, omitting one crucial 2-letter word, and assumed it was about Steve Bannon.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:"I've been a believer for maybe almost a year. I researched it for several months in between doing everything else — you know, I've still got to make a living and all that kind of stuff, and building this rocket actually eats up a lot of my time," he told the flat-Earth Web show. "But when I'm not doing that, I research things."

Wow.  All that extensive research. 
Dude watched a few dozen youtube conspiracy theorist vids and read a book and was invested enough to risk his life. 
Brilliant.

Rocket engineering and Dynamics are not science?

Hmmm...
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

[is busy polishing his Engineering degree]

... Oh! Y'all need me or something?
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Does anyone know if this dude actually tried to launch?