Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fournette's Ankle

Sounds like managing this will be an ongoing challenge. He had the same situation in college. The man possesses a tremendously strong body from the shins up, but , apparently, weak ankles. Sort of like a 50 story skyscraper built on top of wooden poles. If there was a simple solution I’m certain that it would have been tried. I remember in college, every player had to have their ankles taped before the game, and I don’t recall that many ankle injuries. However, back when I played, running backs didn’t have the size or speed that today’s backs possess. 
I guess it’s going to be a game to game situation for the rest of his career. More reason to have quality backup talent.
“ I was a male, trapped in a female body........and then I was born. “

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yep. Thankful that the team decided to keep Ivory, Yeldon and Grant now and it's worked out so far. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they ended up drafting another quality RB starting in RD4 and down too.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He has a loose ankle. Each aggravation makes it worse. No amount of rest at this point in this season will do anything. In the offseason he will choose between rest or surgery to tighten up the ligaments. The best we can hope for as fans is that he doesn't aggravate it much more and that he continues to play with through.

Yeah, Fournette isn't going to end up having a hall of fame career in Jax or probably any team for that matter. That type of nagging injury is going to limit a career real fast.

They said the same thing about Fred too. The guys is still growing into his adult body.

Curry is the prime example of someone who overcame ankle injuries

Dude isn't like Taylor, he is a pounder. I give him 5 years at most.

(11-23-2017, 04:42 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Yeah, Fournette isn't going to end up having a hall of fame career in Jax or probably any team for that matter. That type of nagging injury is going to limit a career real fast.

This is good to know. Myles Jack only has like two more years left on his knees too right? We’re gonna save so much money on the cap since Jack and Fournette will just retire when their inevitable crippling injuries hit them in 2019. Or is it 2020?

(11-23-2017, 09:48 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: They said the same thing about Fred too. The guys is still growing into his adult body.

Curry is the prime example of someone who overcame ankle injuries
He overcame it because he went and worked out with a guy who specialized in strengthening abdominal muscles. He didn’t just grow into his adult body. He worked his butt off in the off-season.

Let’s hope Fournette does the same.

(11-15-2017, 10:40 PM)Upper Wrote: Injuries happen, but it shouldn't make you say a pick was right or wrong in hindsight. By that logic it would really suck if Fournette gets hurt again and we're all forced to admit it would have been better to take McCaffrey.

McCaffrey can't even beat out the oh-so-sucky Jonathan Stewart. Ivory is much better than Stewart.
'02

(11-15-2017, 10:40 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 10:29 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Typical hater lol. Why would I take a 6 game season and go most likely 5-11 with the same hurt qb and possibly the same results or worse next year than a 6-3 record with a top 7 rusher who can play today and is being managed properly by the coaches while still being able to add a qb next year lol. 

We so totally made the right choice and the record proves it. Injuries happen. I wanted Watson but after seeing how the season has gone the correct choice was made. He may not even be the same player. Fournette could have still played but since they plan on making a deep playoff run the have decided to manage his snaps. It’s okay. He’ll be good and healthy to run all over y’all the last game of the season.

Injuries happen, but it shouldn't make you say a pick was right or wrong in hindsight. By that logic it would really suck if Fournette gets hurt again and we're all forced to admit it would have been better to take McCaffrey.

(11-24-2017, 10:59 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 10:40 PM)Upper Wrote: Injuries happen, but it shouldn't make you say a pick was right or wrong in hindsight. By that logic it would really suck if Fournette gets hurt again and we're all forced to admit it would have been better to take McCaffrey.

McCaffrey can't even beat out the oh-so-sucky Jonathan Stewart. Ivory is much better than Stewart.

McCaffrey is a rookie and starting to pick it up a bit.  Averaging 4.5ypc and a TD in his last couple games.  McCaffrey will be a top back in this league.  They are still trying to figure out how to use him

Everyone is basically playing the false hope game in this thread. It could work, but it might not. Fournette's ankle is trash, it's the equivalent of RG3's entire body.

(11-26-2017, 05:39 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Everyone is basically playing the false hope game in this thread. It could work, but it might not. Fournette's ankle is trash, it's the equivalent of RG3's entire body.

Thanks, doctor.