Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey questionable on Sunday

(11-25-2017, 01:00 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 09:16 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: If he is being an [BLEEP] at practice... ok... but I don't think batting balls down at practice is an injury risk activity... That sounds stupid.

If it's not an injury risk, how did Ramsey injure the hand?  Multiple stories report he was batting a ball away.  A national story a few weeks ago mentioned the ejections from practice at FSU and that he refused to stop batting balls even though the current coaching staff (and the previous coaching staff) have told him not to do it. 

Is he being a [BLEEP] in practice when he refuses to take coaching?  Do you not think this undermines the team when other players see one player flatly defy the coaches in every practice and not get disciplined for it?

I'm curious where you are coming up with this whole narrative of Ramsey defying his coaches. Have you any proof of this other than speculating based on things that happened at FSU? 

And - let's get real for a second.  Batting away passes IS HIS JOB. I want him to bat away passes at practice, and if he got hurt doing it, that's just the risk of playing football in the first place.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd calm down if I were you guys, the defense hasn't had any injuries whatsoever miraculously and that can change at a moments notice. I know I wasn't the only one that panicked after Ramsey went out a couple games ago against the Chargers after making that vicious hit like a safety.

(11-25-2017, 01:00 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 09:16 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: If he is being an [BLEEP] at practice... ok... but I don't think batting balls down at practice is an injury risk activity... That sounds stupid.

If it's not an injury risk, how did Ramsey injure the hand?  Multiple stories report he was batting a ball away.  A national story a few weeks ago mentioned the ejections from practice at FSU and that he refused to stop batting balls even though the current coaching staff (and the previous coaching staff) have told him not to do it. 

Is he being a [BLEEP] in practice when he refuses to take coaching?  Do you not think this undermines the team when other players see one player flatly defy the coaches in every practice and not get disciplined for it?

We get it...you don't like Jalen Ramsey. Please move on with your life as you obviously have an issue with the guy. I think the rest of us will just enjoy the fact that this team should be able to play well on defense even if he doesn't play on Sunday.
Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

(11-25-2017, 01:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm curious where you are coming up with this whole narrative of Ramsey defying his coaches. Have you any proof of this other than speculating based on things that happened at FSU?

Recent article at The Ringer. Notice they say this happens during walkthroughs, not full-speed practices. It's bush league and detrimental to the team. One player decides he's going to defy the coaches and not let the QB practice plays to one side? A horrible precedent is being set here.

"No one is spared from Ramsey’s web, even the people he cares about most. During team walkthroughs last season, he would knock down any pass thrown his way, much to the chagrin of then-Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley. “He would tell me to stop, and I would say, ‘No, I won’t stop,’” Ramsey says. “I’m not going to even get in the habit of letting somebody catch it. It was just a mind-set thing. It got to the point at the end of the year when Blake [Bortles] would just throw it the other way.”

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/11/16...trash-talk

(11-25-2017, 01:36 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 01:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm curious where you are coming up with this whole narrative of Ramsey defying his coaches. Have you any proof of this other than speculating based on things that happened at FSU?

Recent article at The Ringer.  Notice they say this happens during walkthroughs, not full-speed practices.  It's bush league and detrimental to the team.  One player decides he's going to defy the coaches and not let the QB practice plays to one side?  A horrible precedent is being set here.  

"No one is spared from Ramsey’s web, even the people he cares about most. During team walkthroughs last season, he would knock down any pass thrown his way, much to the chagrin of then-Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley. “He would tell me to stop, and I would say, ‘No, I won’t stop,’” Ramsey says. “I’m not going to even get in the habit of letting somebody catch it. It was just a mind-set thing. It got to the point at the end of the year when Blake [Bortles] would just throw it the other way.”

That is referring to last year under Bradley.  Not this season under Marrone.  And personally, I find it more humorous than disturbing.

(11-25-2017, 01:36 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:

Recent article at The Ringer.  Notice they say this happens during walkthroughs, not full-speed practices.  It's bush league and detrimental to the team.  One player decides he's going to defy the coaches and not let the QB practice plays to one side?  A horrible precedent is being set here.  

I like it.  His attitude is a key part of what makes him great.  I hope that he continues to do it.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017, 02:02 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

(11-25-2017, 01:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 01:36 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Recent article at The Ringer.  Notice they say this happens during walkthroughs, not full-speed practices.  It's bush league and detrimental to the team.  One player decides he's going to defy the coaches and not let the QB practice plays to one side?  A horrible precedent is being set here.  

That is referring to last year under Bradley.  Not this season under Marrone.  And personally, I find it more humorous than disturbing.

He is defying the current coaching staff also.  I could find the article that confirms this, but I won't bother since you will just brush it away.  It's clear from yesterday's injury that he is still doing it, so sit back and enjoy the humorous aspects of a player defying the coaches, injuring himself, and likely hurting his team on Sunday.  I can't stop laughing, either.

To SCJagFan, how do you conclude that I don't like Ramsey?  I love the guy.  I just don't want to see him hurt himself or his team.  Others seem okay with it, which is baffling.

(11-25-2017, 02:01 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 01:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: That is referring to last year under Bradley.  Not this season under Marrone.  And personally, I find it more humorous than disturbing.

He is defying the current coaching staff also.  I could find the article that confirms this, but I won't bother since you will just brush it away.  It's clear from yesterday's injury that he is still doing it, so sit back and enjoy the humorous aspects of a player defying the coaches, injuring himself, and likely hurting his team on Sunday.  I can't stop laughing, either.

To SCJagFan, how do you conclude that I don't like Ramsey?  I love the guy.  I just don't want to see him hurt himself or his team.  Others seem okay with it, which is baffling.

The bolded statement is inaccurate.  You are drawing your own conclusions that are not based in facts. 

You don't know that Ramsey injured his hand while batting away a "walk through" pass that he was instructed not to defend. I find it odd that you seem bent on blaming the injury on Ramsey's defiance of coaching when there is no evidence of it happening that way.

Can it not simply be a case of a football player sustaining an injury while playing football?

(11-25-2017, 11:57 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 09:49 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: At least include the entire quote

Didn't need to. Was specifically talking about the stupid initials + number nickname nonsense.

imthedontgiveasheet

(11-25-2017, 02:43 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 11:57 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Didn't need to. Was specifically talking about the stupid initials + number nickname nonsense.

imthedontgiveasheet

[Image: you-got-me_fb_1891513.jpg]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(11-25-2017, 02:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 02:43 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: imthedontgiveasheet

[Image: you-got-me_fb_1891513.jpg]

Much respect for acknowledging it

So I'm trying to get this correct..when people say batting balls away during practice..does this mean the offense runs a play against the Defense and the defense is suppose to let them just catch the ball? I kind of have to side with Ramsey and say that I love the fact that he doesn't like it even when it's practice if someone catches the ball on him
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Why are we mad about a player being ultra competitive which is leading to a new mentality and winning in our locker room?

We are 7-3 possibly going 8-3. That hasn’t happened in a long time. Maybe this kind of attitude is what’s needed to win in the nfl. The guys before weren’t doing it and we sucked. If we need some arrogance and reckless abandon to be a winning organization then I’m for it. I’m tired of being a fan of a sorry team.

Part of the reason this defense is so successful is because of Ramsey. Someone said it earlier, you practice like you play. Now we're complaining because he takes his job seriously? Injured or not, I'm completely OK with him taking every snap seriously so that he'll get better.

I COULD find the article but like.... I’m not gonna because it doesn’t matter....

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017, 05:15 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

(11-25-2017, 04:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I COULD find the article but like.... I’m not gonna because it doesn’t matter....
Obviously it doesn't matter to anyone here. 

Maybe you guys are right and this team needs that raw edge. 

But why stop there?  Walk-throughs are for losers!  You practice like you play, so why can't the DL sack Bortles in practice?  And why just simulate the blocking assignments?  Have those linemen go ahead and pancake the LBs.  You practice like you play.

(11-25-2017, 05:14 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 04:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I COULD find the article but like.... I’m not gonna because it doesn’t matter....
Obviously it doesn't matter to anyone here. 

Maybe you guys are right and this team needs that raw edge. 

But why stop there?  Walk-throughs are for losers!  You practice like you play, so why can't the DL sack Bortles in practice?  And why just simulate the blocking assignments?  Have those linemen go ahead and pancake the LBs.  You practice like you play.

Yes because having your DL hammer your QB or pancaking a LB are nearly the same thing as breaking up a pass.

Conspiracies...they're everywhere.

Someone passed his mom the salt on Thursday and he slapped it away.

Was looking forward to a Ramsey vs. Fitzgerald matchup
Here we go again

(11-25-2017, 06:12 PM)Preach Wrote: Was looking forward to a Ramsey vs. Fitzgerald matchup

You'll still get it.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS