Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Cardinals Game Day Thread***

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2017, 05:22 PM by AmeliaFL.)

Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile   Our first place and 7-3 Jacksonville Jaguars make their first trip out west to the Grand Canyon State as the play the 4-6 Arizona Cardinals.  Jaguars are making their first road visit at the Cardinals since 2005.

Today is a matchup of three former Jaguars #1 picks, all quarterbacks.  Current Jaguars QB Blake Bortles, Cardinals third string Qb Blaine Gabbert, and Cardinals QB coach Byron Leftwich, recruited by Cardinals Head Coach Bruce Arians, while Arians and Leftwich were the Steelers offensive coordinator and backup QB to Ben Roethlesberger respectively.

Former Cardinals, and current Jaguars defensive end Calais Campbell returns where he started his career in Arizona.  Campbell just needs one sack to set the team record this afternoon.

The acquisition of the Jaguars of Marcel Darius for a sixth-round pick to the Buffalo Bills, further solidified the defensive line and the Jaguars are currently #1 in the NFL in Total  Defense, and passing defense.

Jaguars Leonard Fournette is currently second behind the KC Chiefs Kareem Hunt (873) with his 740 yards, despite missing a game on NFL rookie running backs.

Chad Henne is ready to step up at QB if starter Blake Bortles is not fully recovered from his right wrist, same for CB Jalen Ramsey, who may be assigned to defend against Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald, prior to kickoff.

If the Jaguars win their eighth game on Sunday afternoon, they would win 8 games for the first time since their 8-8 2010 NFL season.  But the difference this 
year in 2017, is that after today's game, there are five more scheduled games, and Jacksonville has an opportunity to win the AFC South division title for the first time, since winning the AFC Central division 18 years ago back in 1999.

Besides their current season record, and the leadership of Team Owner Shahid Khan, Executive Vice President Of Football Operations Tom Coughlin, General Manager David Caldwell, and on the playing field with Coach Doug Marrone and his coaching staff, the Jaguars increased their team value since Mr. Khans purchase at $770 million, to heading into the $2.1 billion mark.

Spero Dedes and former Arizona State and NFL player Adam Archuleta are announcing the game for the NFL ON CBS with kickoff at 4:25PM Eastern Standard Time.

NO injuries, win your eight regular season game for the first time in 7 years, and GO JAGUARS!!!!!   Wink  Smile   Cool    Big Grin

http://prod.static.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com..._atARI.pdf

http://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/game/2017/regular12

http://www.506sports.com/

http://www.nfl.com/salute

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2017, 02:10 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Long wait until we play. Latest game of the year. I can see the Colts having a chance to beat Tennessee at home today. We just need Bortles to be able to keep some drives alive.
No pain, no gain.

Go jags, going to be a long wait until the pm kickoff
Jags 4 Life

Amelia, this is a commendable write up. Cheers for informing me that the field marshal from Marshall was targeted by Arians who denounced Leftwich a "young super star" in the coaching ranks. Jags grow deep. Our failed # 1 may one day become an NFL top man. Byron is all determination, sharp as razor, with pure love for football. Sky is the limit, Lord B. Good luck to ya and may you have a day from hell today to pray to forget as a coach.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAE6EJhJcFD22iDnJJOMi...911wFsO66Q]
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(11-26-2017, 01:06 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Long wait until we play. Latest game of the year. I can see the Colts having a chance to beat Tennessee at home today. We just need Bortles to be able to keep some drives alive.

Be cool if they do and the Packers beat the Steelers. Then a win against the Cards would push us (at least temporarily) to the number 2 seed in the AFC.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Can't wait for kick off....GO JAGUARS!

and thanks for that first link! Enough stats to keep even the most stat hungry fan satisified for a long time.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-26-2017, 09:34 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 01:06 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Long wait until we play. Latest game of the year. I can see the Colts having a chance to beat Tennessee at home today. We just need Bortles to be able to keep some drives alive.

Be cool if they do and the Packers beat the Steelers. Then a win against the Cards would push us (at least temporarily) to the number 2 seed in the AFC.

Titans should handle Colts. And the Steelers will probably not even break a sweat breezing passed the pack. We just need to take care of our own business and we will be fine.

Ramsey in or out?

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2017, 10:50 AM by diehardjagsfaninsocal.)

Michael Irvin just said the Jacksonville Jaguars are on upset alert. Lol. I think today Blake shines and we win big

Won't know if he's in or out until 90 minutes before kickoff

(11-26-2017, 10:37 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Ramsey in or out?

90 minutes before kickoff we'll know

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Ramsey likely will play Sunday despite injuring his hand in practice Friday and telling reporters he would be out this weekend.

NFL.com ^

If we play with energy, we will win.

If we come out flat, we could be in trouble.

It’s an odd feeling expecting to win

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2017, 12:58 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

I could see this being a game where the offense actually shows up. Its been pretty underwhelming even while winning.

(11-26-2017, 10:48 AM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: Michael Irvin just said the Jacksonville Jaguars are on upset alert. Lol. I think today Blake shines and we win big

Won't know if he's in or out until 90 minutes before kickoff

(11-26-2017, 10:37 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Ramsey in or out?

90 minutes before kickoff we'll know

(11-26-2017, 12:53 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I could see this being a game where the offense actually shows up. Its been pretty underwhelming even while winning.

Irvin has us on upset watch every week. He is a horrible analyst. ESPN reported that Ramsey is playing.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2017, 01:31 PM by Jeff.Fisher.)

Have a sneaking suspicion the Jags lose this one, the o line missing some players and Ramsey's jammed up fingers.

I just don't see how we could lose this game. On paper our defense should shut down arizona from the first snap. On offense we need to put up 17 points in my opinion they get to 17 it should be a guarnteed win.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-26-2017, 01:02 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I just don't see how we could lose this game. On paper our defense should  shut down arizona from the first snap. On offense we need to put up 17 points in my opinion they get to 17 it should be a guarnteed win.

Turnovers on our own side of the field. Pick 6. There are plenty of ways to lose a game.

(11-26-2017, 01:00 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: Have a sneaking suspicion the Jags lose this one, the o line missing some players and Ramsey's lacerated fingers.

Alarming developments, no doubt, but an aspect of this team that I've noticed is their depth and ability to adapt. The 'next man up' philosophy is clearly evident with this squad.

That’s crazy people saying they don’t see how we could lose this game. Blake can be good at giving away games, here’s for a dominating performance on both sides of the ball. Go Jags!!

(11-26-2017, 01:00 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: Have a sneaking suspicion the Jags lose this one, the o line missing some players and Ramsey's lacerated fingers.

Careful with the trolling there, pal.  

His injury was reported as a "jam" not lacerations.