Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The offensive line was horrendous. Cam stunk

Want to know why Fournette couldn't run and the offense had no rhythm? Look at the line. Defenders lived in the back field today. Couldn't run couldn't pass just pathetic today.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah the line play was pretty bad. Probably the worst we've seen it all year since maybe the Rams loss. But that's what happens when you lose Parnell and Omameh. Sharp decline in the running game with those two missing out there. Robinson got manhandled by Chandler though. And he's no slouch either. New England traded him away because they can't afford to keep everybody. But he's certainly been one of the more feared and productive edge rushers in the NFL now for the past three years.

To me it seemed like a bad case of coaching in most instances. Adam Archuleta was constantly questioning as to why Wash was favoring zone coverage or man coverage with Gabbert playing QB. And he was also wondering why at some point that Marrone or Hackett didn't make any efforts to slide or assist any protection over to Robinson's way to help keep Chandler out of the backfield. Lewis and Koyak were barely used to chip in most cases from what I saw. And did they even use the full back in this game? I can't recall seeing very many I-Formations or Split back formations with Bohanon lined up to lead block in this one.

At some point you have to realize your team is struggling throughout the game and you need to adjust. The defense adjusted a bit in the 2nd half and got away from Zone in favor of Man. And as soon as they did that what happened? More pressure was getting there and we ended up getting an INT with Church. Plenty of blame to go around.

But hey. We're 7 - 4 and we still have plenty of football left.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Why doesn't the team put Linder back at RG and Shatley at Center. The line was best during that time. Coaches need to wake up. Stop playing Cann, he was terrible yesterday.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2017, 08:28 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-27-2017, 08:20 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Why doesn't the team put Linder back at RG and Shatley at Center. The line was best during that time. Coaches need to wake up. Stop playing Cann, he was terrible yesterday.

Agree with this, on top of that Linders contract would look even better at G and that's where he is best at

The offensive line has been offensive for years. I expect us to go O-line in the 1st round this year. We have to.

(11-27-2017, 09:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The offensive line has been offensive for years. I expect us to go O-line in the 1st round this year. We have to.

IF we don't go QB.

(11-27-2017, 09:42 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 09:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The offensive line has been offensive for years. I expect us to go O-line in the 1st round this year. We have to.

IF we don't go QB.

Don't trust this staff to draft a QB. We need to nab one in free agency. Anyone we pick is better than what we have now.

Yup, need guard, center, OT. Athletic TE that can catch. WR's that can catch. A NFL QB.

(11-27-2017, 09:57 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Yup, need guard, center, OT. Athletic TE that can catch. WR's that can catch. A NFL QB.

The beauty is, all of those things are there for the taking. Mark my words. Kirk Cousins will be wearing a Jag uniform next year.

(11-27-2017, 10:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 09:57 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Yup, need guard, center, OT. Athletic TE that can catch. WR's that can catch. A NFL QB.

The beauty is, all of those things are there for the taking. Mark my words. Kirk Cousins will be wearing a Jag uniform next year.

While at hindsight be awesome.  The question remains can we afford him? And will Cousins be that much of an upgrade at that price. 

If he is not tagged yet again.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(11-27-2017, 10:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

You realize the Skins can still put the transition tag on Cousins which allows them to match any offer right?

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2017, 10:09 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-27-2017, 10:04 AM)Teal Time Radio Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 10:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The beauty is, all of those things are there for the taking. Mark my words. Kirk Cousins will be wearing a Jag uniform next year.

While at hindsight be awesome.  The question remains can we afford him? And will Cousins be that much of an upgrade at that price. 

If he is not tagged yet again.

Upgrade? Hell yes. Afford? Maybe. At this point, you draft a rookie, you have to groom him while our defense ages. If this team is going to stay competitive like it is, we need a proven commodity from FA. 

(11-27-2017, 10:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 10:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The beauty is, all of those things are there for the taking. Mark my words. Kirk Cousins will be wearing a Jag uniform next year.
You realize the Skins can still put the transition tag on Cousins which allows them to match any offer right?

I think the Skins are done with him. Cousins has expressed verbal frustration with the process and I highly doubt he will be tagged again. We shall see.

Oh, and don't rule out Bridgewater here either. MASSIVE upgrade from BB5, even with injury issues.

If a FA QB cost to much, I'd rather draft a rookie and use our entire FA budget on O-line and maybe a WR like Jeffrey or Landry. Not sure if they have extended deals yet, but we need WR badly.

(11-27-2017, 07:22 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah the line play was pretty bad. Probably the worst we've seen it all year since maybe the Rams loss. But that's what happens when you lose Parnell and Omameh. Sharp decline in the running game with those two missing out there. Robinson got manhandled by Chandler though. And he's no slouch either. New England traded him away because they can't afford to keep everybody. But he's certainly been one of the more feared and productive edge rushers in the NFL now for the past three years.

To me it seemed like a bad case of coaching in most instances. Adam Archuleta was constantly questioning as to why Wash was favoring zone coverage or man coverage with Gabbert playing QB. And he was also wondering why at some point that Marrone or Hackett didn't make any efforts to slide or assist any protection over to Robinson's way to help keep Chandler out of the backfield. Lewis and Koyak were barely used to chip in most cases from what I saw. And did they even use the full back in this game? I can't recall seeing very many I-Formations or Split back formations with Bohanon lined up to lead block in this one.

At some point you have to realize your team is struggling throughout the game and you need to adjust. The defense adjusted a bit in the 2nd half and got away from Zone in favor of Man. And as soon as they did that what happened? More pressure was getting there and we ended up getting an INT with Church. Plenty of blame to go around.

But hey. We're 7 - 4 and we still have plenty of football left.

It's been a weird season, I've seen many teams, from Jaguars, Cowboys, Seahawks, etc, that are just not using more blockers to hide or help over-matched, often back up, tackles. I don't know whether is is just too hard to change your offense schemes in one week or what in the current NFL offenses, but with lack of good starting tackles in the league it is definitely causing issues.

I think Robinson is playing hurt, and it's showing. Too much churn on that line right now with injuries. It's killing the running game and making an already crappy passing attack that much worse.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(11-27-2017, 11:09 AM)FBT Wrote: I think Robinson is playing hurt, and it's showing.  Too much churn on that line right now with injuries.  It's killing the running game and making an already crappy passing attack that much worse.

I don't know that he's hurt. I think he's just a rookie who got schooled by one of the best DEs in the game.

Let's face it, the Jaguars got man-handled in the trenches on both sides of the ball. We all know Gabbert falls to pieces under pressure, but we actually made him look good by failing to get to him over and over. When we did get to him, the defense scored, but that's gotta happen more than once a game. For the most part, Gabbert had all day to relax and throw.

I watched the Dareus wired-up clip, and they were fighting up front, but that Cards OL played lights out. It was very impressive. Todd Wash needed to bring the heat. I don't always recommend that, say, when playing a guy like Tom Brady... but with Gabbert, you get to him and he's done. There's no excuse for not doing whatever it takes to get to Gabbert.

As bad as the OL played, as off as Bortles was (those passes to Cole could have been way more accurate), and as bad as Morrone was with time management to end the game, the real reason we're starting at an L this week is Todd Wash failing to understand who he was playing.
'02

(11-27-2017, 08:20 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Why doesn't the team put Linder back at RG and Shatley at Center. The line was best during that time. Coaches need to wake up. Stop playing Cann, he was terrible yesterday.

This isn't getting the attention it deserves.  Cann was absolutely LOST out there most of the day.  Failed to pick up his man on a pull, leading to a sack.  Was standing there blocking no one and got run into by Fournette on the blown up screen... even on Bortles TD run he was just kind of standing in space being in the way but not actively blocking anyone.  Everytime I saw him, he was either on his rear end, or standing in space doing nothing.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

(11-27-2017, 11:25 AM)Diz Wrote:

This isn't getting the attention it deserves.  Cann was absolutely LOST out there most of the day.  Failed to pick up his man on a pull, leading to a sack.  Was standing there blocking no one and got run into by Fournette on the blown up screen... even on Bortles TD run he was just kind of standing in space being in the way but not actively blocking anyone.  Everytime I saw him, he was either on his rear end, or standing in space doing nothing.

Indeed. We had one of our best games with Shat at C and Linder at G...
Cann is downright awful at times, especially when Parnell isn't helping him on that side.
Omameh is under appreciated I think as well.

Cam Robinson has looked great at times this season, but against the league's top talent, he's getting worked... doesn't help when he has a backup next to him possibly making mistakes too.

If I’m not mistaken our line is beat up right now. But if I also remember correctly, the cardinals had some back ups on the line as well. What was the difference? Gabbert gets the ball out of his hands quick. Blake will be a sitting duck because he struggles at reading defenses and he holds the ball forever. I don’t think that’s the lines fault

(11-27-2017, 12:10 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: If I’m not mistaken our line is beat up right now. But if I also remember correctly, the cardinals had some back ups on the line as well. What was the difference? Gabbert gets the ball out of his hands quick. Blake will be a sitting duck because he struggles at reading defenses and he holds the ball forever. I don’t think that’s the lines fault

Hit it right in the head. Cardinals oline isnt talented they are at the bottom of the league