Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The offensive line was horrendous. Cam stunk

(11-27-2017, 09:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The offensive line has been offensive for years. I expect us to go O-line in the 1st round this year. We have to.

We have to drafts Guards in the first round?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-27-2017, 11:25 AM)Diz Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 08:20 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Why doesn't the team put Linder back at RG and Shatley at Center. The line was best during that time. Coaches need to wake up. Stop playing Cann, he was terrible yesterday.

This isn't getting the attention it deserves.  Cann was absolutely LOST out there most of the day.  Failed to pick up his man on a pull, leading to a sack.  Was standing there blocking no one and got run into by Fournette on the blown up screen... even on Bortles TD run he was just kind of standing in space being in the way but not actively blocking anyone.  Everytime I saw him, he was either on his rear end, or standing in space doing nothing.

I'm sorry, but there isn't a Guard in the NFL who would have stopped Jones on that play, that led to a sack. Nobody could block Jones period yesterday, but you expect a RG to pull to his left and block Jones who was untouched and had a free run at the QB? He took 2, maybe 3 steps before he hit Bortles.

Not a single RG in the NFL who would have been able to get too Jones before he got too the QB on that play.

(11-27-2017, 08:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 11:25 AM)Diz Wrote: This isn't getting the attention it deserves.  Cann was absolutely LOST out there most of the day.  Failed to pick up his man on a pull, leading to a sack.  Was standing there blocking no one and got run into by Fournette on the blown up screen... even on Bortles TD run he was just kind of standing in space being in the way but not actively blocking anyone.  Everytime I saw him, he was either on his rear end, or standing in space doing nothing.

I'm sorry, but there isn't a Guard in the NFL who would have stopped Jones on that play, that led to a sack. Nobody could block Jones period yesterday, but you expect a RG to pull to his left and block Jones who was untouched and had a free run at the QB? He took 2, maybe 3 steps before he hit Bortles.

Not a single RG in the NFL who would have been able to get too Jones before he got too the QB on that play.

The protection needed to slide to Jones every play. The plan should've been to double him with Lewis or chip him with backs every single play until he was worn out. I think the coaches on both sides got too cute with their ideas instead of hitting Gabbs and Jones with direct pressure all day long.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-27-2017, 10:12 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If a FA QB cost to much, I'd rather draft a rookie and use our entire FA budget on O-line and maybe a WR like Jeffrey or Landry. Not sure if they have extended deals yet, but we need WR badly.

I agree with this strategy. If cousins is too expensive, or Taylor is too much for what he is, I'm hoping we draft a guy like Mayfield and heavily invest to shore up the OL and maybe add 1 more weapon on offense. I'd go after a big time tight end if any were available and I'd make sure AR15 is happy and ready to produce.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(11-27-2017, 08:17 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 09:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The offensive line has been offensive for years. I expect us to go O-line in the 1st round this year. We have to.

We have to drafts Guards in the first round?

(11-28-2017, 09:40 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 10:12 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If a FA QB cost to much, I'd rather draft a rookie and use our entire FA budget on O-line and maybe a WR like Jeffrey or Landry. Not sure if they have extended deals yet, but we need WR badly.

I agree with this strategy. If cousins is too expensive, or Taylor is too much for what he is, I'm hoping we draft a guy like Mayfield and heavily invest to shore up the OL and maybe add 1 more weapon on offense. I'd go after a big time tight end if any were available and I'd make sure AR15 is happy and ready to produce.

Not even sure you need to sign a big time TE in this day and age. Nab a good one in the draft. We learned the hard way from Julius Thomas that it isn't a great idea.

I am not completely sold on Taylor, but at this point, he is a vast improvement over Bortles, so if he could be had cheap, I'll take him. Not sure Tom feels the same.

The knocks on Mayfield is inability to read a defense. Do we want another one of those?

I think with a real QB, Westbrook could become a legit #2 and maybe even #1 someday, but WR is still a major need. Do we still own the rights to Blackmon? lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!