Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A much needed wake up call

(11-28-2017, 01:36 PM)MariGOATa Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 01:03 PM)Kane Wrote: http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...587f81a9a5

This interview??

I'm not hearing it... where'd he say they didn't take the Cards seriously?

He’s obviously making this up, even if they did they wouldnt admit it. Maybe the effort wasnt there because its the Arizona Cardinals but saying they openly admitted to not taking them serious is garbage.

(11-28-2017, 12:30 PM)Kane Wrote: Its the NFL, where shut outs rarely happen.
Holding your opponent to FGs more often than TDs is good defense...

I understand that. But making them kick 5 FGs isnt good defense no matter how you slice it. Especially for a defense that alot of people made out to seem historic.

This interview around the 6 minute mark:

https://jaxjaguars.akamaized.net/JAX/aud...-40917.mp3

Even Dempsey brought it up again around the 35 minute mark. He didn’t say it outright, nor did I say he did in my previous post, but he certainly alluded to it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-28-2017, 04:32 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 01:36 PM)MariGOATa Wrote: He’s obviously making this up, even if they did they wouldnt admit it. Maybe the effort wasnt there because its the Arizona Cardinals but saying they openly admitted to not taking them serious is garbage.

I understand that. But making them kick 5 FGs isnt good defense no matter how you slice it. Especially for a defense that alot of people made out to seem historic.

This interview around the 6 minute mark:

Even Dempsey brought it up again around the 35 minute mark. He didn’t say it outright, nor did I say he did in my previous post, but he certainly alluded to it.

I'm not surprised you're hearing what you want from that.

But that is regurgitated coach speak "we gotta game plan better no matter who we're facing each week"
is probably more a slight to anyone in the media who chalks games up as gimmes.

I doubt there was intentional slacking off from the team in preparation for game day.
But draw whatever conclusions you'd like if it makes you feel better.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2017, 04:54 PM by knarnn.)

(11-28-2017, 04:45 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 04:32 PM)knarnn Wrote: This interview around the 6 minute mark:

I'm not surprised you're hearing what you want from that.

But that is regurgitated coach speak "we gotta game plan better no matter who we're facing each week"

I doubt there was intentional slacking off from the team in preparation for game day.

So we are just going to completely disregard what a respected local sports media host heard as well? Gotcha.

What's funny is, the question Lageman asked had nothing to do with the response Blake gave. He volunteered that information up.....but you go right on ahead and keep making stuff up.

It happens. It's human nature. Not one person alive gives 100% effort 100% of the time. We do it in our daily lives so I know it happens on the football field. Hopefully we strive to do better at our next go at it. Do you disagree with that?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(11-28-2017, 04:51 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 04:45 PM)Kane Wrote: I'm not surprised you're hearing what you want from that.

So we are just going to completely disregard what a respected local sports media host heard as well? Gotcha.

What's funny is, the question Lageman asked had nothing to do with the response Blake gave. He volunteered that information up.....but you go right on ahead and keep making stuff up.

It happens. It's human nature. Not one person alive gives 100% effort 100% of the time. We do it in our daily lives so I know it happens on the football field. Hopefully we strive to do better at our next go at it. Do you disagree with that?

What exactly did I make up?
You guys (you and this "respected sports media host") are deciding what a man meant by dissecting his words and coming to a conclusion that he is alluding to something.

That's grasping at straws if I ever heard it.

I'm not saying their effort wasn't up to snuff. I'm saying they didn't knowingly and willingly take it easy during practice and prep because it was "just the Cardinals".
And I certainly didn't hear that when the man said that every week you have to bring your best no matter who you're facing.
Pointing to records or "third stringers starting" like the media likes to do in advance of games like that... but the guys aren't at practice tossing the ball around going "we don't really need to tighten up anything it's just the Cardinals"

(11-28-2017, 02:49 PM)empty Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 12:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I mean did you see what Ramsey did to Fitz?! Shut. Him. Down.

The TE TD was the 1st play after Smith left the game. Shocker.

IDK how it looked on TV, but in the stadium it looked like there was a ton of confusion throughout the pre-snap.  Didn't realize Smith had left just before that play, but was really disappointed someone didn't call timeout before the play.

It looked the same on TV. You could easily tell they were all trying to talk to each other and had no clue what was going on. Complete busted coverage due to confusion and Gabbert took advantage of it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-28-2017, 06:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 02:49 PM)empty Wrote: IDK how it looked on TV, but in the stadium it looked like there was a ton of confusion throughout the pre-snap.  Didn't realize Smith had left just before that play, but was really disappointed someone didn't call timeout before the play.

It looked the same on TV. You could easily tell they were all trying to talk to each other and had no clue what was going on. Complete busted coverage due to confusion and Gabbert took advantage of it.

You could see that TD coming from a mile away. Church was SCREAMING at McCray, pointing directly at the TE, I assume (given his reaction when he turned around and saw McCray was no where near said TE running up the seam) telling him that was his man to cover.  Then McCray watched him run right past him.

You may also have noticed, that was the only play McCray was out there for.  Blair Brown took over for the rest of the game.

That play was 100% on McCray not being prepared, and not understanding what Church was telling him.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

(11-29-2017, 01:37 PM)Diz Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 06:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It looked the same on TV. You could easily tell they were all trying to talk to each other and had no clue what was going on. Complete busted coverage due to confusion and Gabbert took advantage of it.

You could see that TD coming from a mile away. Church was SCREAMING at McCray, pointing directly at the TE, I assume (given his reaction when he turned around and saw McCray was no where near said TE running up the seam) telling him that was his man to cover.  Then McCray watched him run right past him.

You may also have noticed, that was the only play McCray was out there for.  Blair Brown took over for the rest of the game.

That play was 100% on McCray not being prepared, and not understanding what Church was telling him.
Which begs the question: Why in the world was McCray out there and now Brown?