Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: The bigger offensive issue to address?
QB
Offensive Line
[Show Results]

Bortles or the offensive line? The biggest issue to address this offseason??

I think the QB is the bigger issue on the team.  Blake Bortles cannot make consistent NFL throws and teams know this.  I also got to wonder if he can make basic NFL reads because you see wasted plays that should of be checked out of by the QB.  The offensive line no doubt is bad and needs some upgrades but I think the jags need to find a QB. 

I feel so strongly about this I believe the Jags are legit Superbowl Contenders with an above average QB right now.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2017, 07:23 PM by atburg.)

I think its line, then a QB in2-3 to either push him or pass him.

Or we could do what I said before the 2014 draft- A.J. Mccarron . I got burned pretty hard on here at the time, but I've been a Tide fan for 35 years and watched pretty much his whole college career. More than a game manager, he does have a decent deep ball, and HE TAKES CARE OF THE FOOTBALL!!

Or if all else fails, we can just enjoy the first playoff game in ten years? I'm with that option!

I'll let you know when the season is over.... We have a division to compete for still.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Bortles has been meh even when the line was playing like a top 10 unit this year so I'd go QB easy

The line would also be helped greatly by acquiring a QB who was able to identify a 3rd down blitz coming for the dozenth time in a row and could audible or call a hot route or anything.

QB and always QB.

Definitely the QB. The problem of course is finding a good QB is hard.

Probably look at best TE/ OL/ QB at our pick in round 1. Or trade up for a QB we really want.

(11-27-2017, 06:34 PM)atburg Wrote: I think its line, then a QB in2-3 to either push him or pass him.

Or we could do what I said before the 2014 draft- A.J. Mccarron . I got burned pretty hard on here at the time, but I've been a Tide fan for 35 years and watched pretty much his whole college career. More than a game manager, he does have a decent deep ball, and HE TAKES CARE OF THE FOOTBALL!!

Or if all else fails, we can just enjoy the first playoff game in ten years? I'm with that option!

Interesting question. I tend to agree with the above b/c I wonder if we have a competent QB evaluator. DC brought us BBINT so his ability in this area is suspect. I always thought that almost anyone could play behind a strong OL but watching BB5 has shaken that belief. A non-flashy guy who takes care of the ball is fine by me.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Wont matter who the QB is, if the receivers don't catch the football. Plain and simple.

I'm sure we'll pick up another QB this off season, via FA or the Draft, but I watched Bortles drop at least 3-4 deep balls yesterday, that hit his WRs square in the hands and they flat out dropped it.

You definitely want Bortles to succeed because he's a gifted athlete, mobile, tough, and by all account a hard worker. He's everything you'd want in a QB except he can't put the ball where it needs to be during crunch time. Need a QB who can make the big plays when the games on the line. I figure our starter next year is on somebody else's roster at the moment and that we'll draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round next year. In the mean time, we'll probably make the playoffs anyway and with this D, who knows?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-27-2017, 08:52 PM)hb1148 Wrote: You definitely want Bortles to succeed because he's a gifted athlete, mobile, tough, and by all account a hard worker. He's everything you'd want in a QB except he can't put the ball where it needs to be during crunch time. Need a QB who can make the big plays when the games on the line. I figure our starter next year is on somebody else's roster at the moment and that we'll draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round next year.  In the mean time, we'll probably make the playoffs anyway and with this D, who knows?

Imagine if he was a trusted clutch QB , with his toughness and size this would be an 11 win team for the next 5 years.

(11-27-2017, 08:56 PM)atburg Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 08:52 PM)hb1148 Wrote: You definitely want Bortles to succeed because he's a gifted athlete, mobile, tough, and by all account a hard worker. He's everything you'd want in a QB except he can't put the ball where it needs to be during crunch time. Need a QB who can make the big plays when the games on the line. I figure our starter next year is on somebody else's roster at the moment and that we'll draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round next year.  In the mean time, we'll probably make the playoffs anyway and with this D, who knows?

Imagine if he was a trusted clutch QB , with his toughness and size this would be an 11 win team for the next 5 years.

There's about 25 other teams in this league that wish they had a trusted clutch QB as well.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2017, 09:13 PM by Etdavis2006.)

(11-27-2017, 08:40 PM)PF* Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 06:34 PM)atburg Wrote: I think its line, then a QB in2-3 to either push him or pass him.

Interesting question. I tend to agree with the above b/c I wonder if we have a competent QB evaluator. DC brought us BBINT so his ability in this area is suspect. I always thought that almost anyone could play behind a strong OL but watching BB5 has shaken that belief. A non-flashy guy who takes care of the ball is fine by me.
We do his name is Tom Coughlin. 

The man acquired Rob Johnson, Mark Brunel, David  Garrad, Kurt Warner and Eli Manning. I have no doubt he will be the guy picking the next qb on this team

(11-27-2017, 08:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 08:56 PM)atburg Wrote: Imagine if he was a trusted clutch QB , with his toughness and size this would be an 11 win team for the next 5 years.

There's about 25 other teams in this league that wish they had a trusted clutch QB as well.

I'd settle for an accurate passer.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-27-2017, 09:07 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 08:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote: There's about 25 other teams in this league that wish they had a trusted clutch QB as well.

I'd settle for an accurate passer.

Agreed, but I'd settle for some receivers who can catch balls that hit them square in the hands as well.

(11-27-2017, 09:12 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 09:07 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I'd settle for an accurate passer.

Agreed, but I'd settle for some receivers who can catch balls that hit them square in the hands as well.

Not denying that is an issue, a fairly big one.

The most important position in all of sports.....QB

Our QB has trouble throwing accurate screen passes. 

Think about that.

Honestly, I think it's a combination of QB, OL and WR. The loss of Arob and Hurns have hurt. Opponent's DBs just don't respect Lee and the rookies to make a play. Look at all the drops. I have to give BB credit.....he's tough. Most other QBs would have gone on IR a long time ago with this injured OL. Cam hasn't been the same since his injury. So to assigh fault is hard. I'd say with the current starters, it's 40% OL, 30% QB, and 30%WR. If Parnell comes back, that probably changes.

(11-27-2017, 09:36 PM)burt1jason Wrote: Honestly, I think it's a  combination of QB, OL and WR. The loss of Arob and Hurns have hurt. Opponent's DBs just don't respect Lee and the rookies to make a play. Look at all the drops. I have to give BB credit.....he's tough. Most other QBs would have gone on IR a long time ago with this injured OL. Cam hasn't been the same since his injury. So to assigh fault is hard. I'd say with the current starters, it's 40% OL, 30% QB, and 30%WR. If Parnell comes back, that probably changes.

When your Offense wants to be a pound the rock, hard running football team and your best RB is the QB. You got some problems.