Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: The bigger offensive issue to address?
QB
Offensive Line
[Show Results]

Bortles or the offensive line? The biggest issue to address this offseason??

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2017, 10:02 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

WR?

[Image: 23915928_10203847442663630_9842645176732...e=5A99452B]

[Image: 24130121_10203847442703631_4487059992277...e=5A8E4A1A]

[Image: 24131620_10203847443303646_6517075613024...e=5A9F9F8A]

[Image: 24059647_10203847443063640_1446701786971...e=5A953848]

[Image: 24068553_10203847443383648_8951600419518...e=5A9B5049]

d

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You can scheme around subpar line play, you can't scheme out of subpar QB play.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-28-2017, 10:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?seas...r=0&page=1

10% of his targets are dropped and that's being generous. Drops are hard to track. For instance, O'shaughnessy's hand-off, non-fumble, interception doesn't count as a drop either. I don't think dropped passes that result in interceptions are added into that total.

(11-28-2017, 10:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?seas...r=0&page=1

Aside from Hurns, who hasn't played since week 10, only our RBs have caught more than 70% of their passes. Everyone else is sub 60%.

They've always been real conservative when attributing drops to receivers. There's only 18 counted drops, but I'd imagine it's about 25.

1)  Quarterback is the most important position in the game.
2)  The most important position has the greatest potential impact on the outcome of the game.
3)  Bortles is mediocre.

Any other questions?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-28-2017, 11:24 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: 10% of his targets are dropped and that's being generous. Drops are hard to track. For instance, O'shaughnessy's hand-off, non-fumble, interception doesn't count as a drop either. I don't think dropped passes that result in interceptions are added into that total.

Sorry, but I'll post it again...no team in the league is even close to 10% drops (much less the outrageous 33% spacecoast claims). We aren't even bottom 5 as a group.

https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/93...5017832448

Music 

Offensive line is always something that every team looks to improve every offseason.
QB is something the Jaguars will absolutely look to improve.
My gut tells me that we will keep Blake and draft at least one rookie qb.
If were able to draft 1 guy whom they believe is the guy. That will be it for addressing the QB position..if that guy isn't available to us then I believe we will look closely at free agent's and trades to get a guy and possibly draft 2 rookies who could develop into that guy.
Regardless of how you personally feel about our situation re: Bortles.
The facts are he has proven he sucks in crunch time and should be replaced

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2017, 12:23 PM by FreeAgent01.)

(11-29-2017, 12:47 AM)Upper Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 11:24 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: 10% of his targets are dropped and that's being generous. Drops are hard to track. For instance, O'shaughnessy's hand-off, non-fumble, interception doesn't count as a drop either. I don't think dropped passes that result in interceptions are added into that total.

Sorry, but I'll post it again...no team in the league is even close to 10% drops (much less the outrageous 33% spacecoast claims). We aren't even bottom 5 as a group.

https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/93...5017832448

Go look for yourself. Marqise Lee has 8 drops on 80 targets which means he drops 10% of his targets. Eight drops alone leads the league with 60% more drops than the 2nd most in the league. Consider that out of 80 targets, some are throw aways and some Lee never got his hands on and you'll see that, even with his 8 drops which is a conservative number, that Marqise Lee drops a very significant number of catchable passes.

I never said that the team as a whole has a 10% drop rate. According to FoxSports, the team has a 5.2% drop rate, which would make it probably the 6th or 7th worst in the league according to your graphic.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2017, 12:35 PM by Kane.)

Jax has 2 players on that list.
Lee obviously hasn't done enough for them to keep him. So he'll be gone.
Cole is a rookie... so his couple of drops can be excused this season, imo.

A lot of those throws from those pics, AR15 comes down with.

(11-28-2017, 11:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

Aside from Hurns, who hasn't played since week 10, only our RBs have caught more than 70% of their passes. Everyone else is sub 60%.

They've always been real conservative when attributing drops to receivers. There's only 18 counted drops, but I'd imagine it's about 25.

I imagine they only count passes that hit hands without a defender playing the ball.
Can't count a pass defensed as a drop.

(11-29-2017, 12:31 PM)Kane Wrote:

Jax has 2 players on that list.
Lee obviously hasn't done enough for them to keep him. So he'll be gone.
Cole is a rookie... so his couple of drops can be excused this season, imo.

A lot of those throws from those pics, AR15 comes down with.

(11-28-2017, 11:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Aside from Hurns, who hasn't played since week 10, only our RBs have caught more than 70% of their passes. Everyone else is sub 60%.

I imagine they only count passes that hit hands without a defender playing the ball.
Can't count a pass defensed as a drop.

Statistics aside, anyone with eyes can tell you these receivers tend to miss catchable balls on the regular. Blake isn't great by any means, but he isn't getting any help either.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-27-2017, 08:45 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Wont matter who the QB is, if the receivers don't catch the football. Plain and simple.

I'm sure we'll pick up another QB this off season, via FA or the Draft, but I watched Bortles drop at least 3-4 deep balls yesterday, that hit his WRs square in the hands and they flat out dropped it.

This has been going on for awhile now.......deep balls being dropped....if it hits their hands.... they have to help their quarterback out, catch the ball.   Lee has the most drops in the NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcl4tXt5yUY

How about getting this guy and moving him to QB?

It's hard for me to imagine QB not being addressed in FA.
Potential FA QBs:
Cousins
Manning
Brees
Bradford
Smith

Any of those guys puts this team in the Conference Championship game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

It would be great if we could get ELI and draft a Qb in the 1st or 2nd round to learn how to be a pro. This years Thanksgiving Day game showed Eli still has it. He was dropping dimes while his receivers were dropping everything. The Giants are a mess right now and looking for anyone to blame.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-30-2017, 07:35 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: It would be great if we could get ELI and draft a Qb in the 1st or 2nd round to learn how to be a pro.  This years Thanksgiving Day game showed Eli still has it.  He was dropping dimes while his receivers were dropping everything.  The Giants are a mess right now and looking for anyone to blame.

Eli is a little bit fool's gold at this point in his career but he might be a slight improvement over re-signing Bortles and would bring a bit more veteran leadership to the table while we groom the next guy. If he can be had for a reasonable salary, I'd be for it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.