Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Just How Bad is Blake Bortles?

(11-28-2017, 04:39 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 01:10 PM)Diz Wrote: I'm actually somewhat taken aback by the responses to this thread.

To me, it shows exactly what I, and many others (including NFL Analysts) have been saying about Blake.  He throws a bad ball, and puts in locations that force WRs to make difficult catches instead of placing the pass in the proper spot, i.e. throwing the WR open.

There have been countless passes where the WR was open, had a step on his man, and Blake throws the ball back into coverage, forcing the WR to adjust and attempt what amounts to a circus catch, with the defender on top of him.  Had the ball been thrown in front of the WR, it's an easy catch and potential for YAC.

Marquise Lee hasn't done himself many favors on his own, but most of the INTs that came on passes to him were thrown behind him, or into the coverage, as opposed to the open side of the coverage, etc.  

The deep shot to Cole this week should have been an easy catch for a huge gain, if not 6 points.  He had both inside leverage AND a step on his man.  Bortles simply had to put the ball in front of him and allow him to make the easy catch.  Instead, the ball was thrown behind him, to the point where the DB was now between Cole and the ball, and was able to successfully break up the pass.

No.  I do not expect Blake to be Brady.  I do, however, expect the Jaguars Starting QB to be an NFL Caliber Quarterback and Passer.

The tape doesn't lie.  Blake is neither of these things.

Why was 2015 so much better?  Because Allen Robinson is an absolute monster who is capable of winning those tough contested catches.  MOST NFL WRs do not have his ability to do so.

He doesn't read defenses well, doens't make adjustments pre-snap when blitz is shown, doesn't throw into the blitz, doesn't have accuracy short, medium OR long...

What exactly is it that continues to cause people to defend him?  I mean... seriously?  Yes, he's our QB for this year.  There's no better option this year.  However, we simply can not walk into next season w/ him at the helm and even pretend like we are trying to fix the situation.

The book is out on Bortles, and it's a complete flop.

Thankfully, our Defense is a best seller.

While I agree with nearly everything you said, I think the responses you’re seeing have a lot to do with the OPs lame troll attempt.

I guess I'm just not seeing it as a troll attempt.  Sure, it's a Titan's fan, and it's saying our QB is bad... but... it's actually pretty accurate.  It's not full of "LOLZ YOU LOST TO GABBERT!".  It's actually pointing out something that a lot of people on these forums very obviously don't understand.  Every time I see posts about how passes hit the WRs hand, and it's chalked up as "Well, it hit the WRs hands, so it must have been a perfect pass!" I cringe. 

DBs are simply GOING to win most contested passes.  It's far easier to force an incompletion, than to complete a catch under those circumstances.

I dunno... 1/10 as far as trolling goes, simply because it was mostly informative and logically based opinion.

Mariota is still bad, though.  I mean... let's be real... There's not a QB in the AFC South currently taking snaps that ISN'T bad.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not as bad as Poi Boy Mary. Not as soft and weak either.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(11-28-2017, 05:17 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Not as bad as Poi Boy Mary. Not as soft and weak either.

Which is worse, a turd sandwich, or a turd burrito?

They both suck.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance