Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Seahawks game time moved

That means the game is at 9:25 pm here in the UK, I would usually be annoyed... but it's my birthday on the Tuesday and I have Monday plus Tuesday off work so for once the late night works for me.

Bring on Papa Johns, Beer and a Jags win

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-28-2017, 09:10 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 04:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If it was about ratings they would of moved Car vs Min.  2 NFC teams with better records fighting for the number 2 seed.  No?

Simple answer, FOX has a double header that week and CBS doesnt.  For CBS to move the game to 4pm it would be cutting the LA market, the NY market, and a large portion of the midwest markets from viewing it.  The only way it would work is for them to move the Car/Min game to Sunday Night...which was what was talked about but clearly decided against.

TL;DR If CBS moves Car/Min to 4pm, the potential audience would be just as small if not smaller than by leaving it at 1pm.

Ahhh one of those funky weeks where NFC teams are on CBS. I really don't like how they started doing that a couple times a year.

Going teal again in the Seattle game

(11-29-2017, 01:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Going teal again in the Seattle game

The Jaguars teal alternative uniforms look great.   The major downside though is the numbers are much harder to read.  This is my complaint about the Lions new home ( blue ) jerseys for this season and for the Lions Throwback Jerseys that were worn in the team's annual Thanksgiving Day game.  At least on this end,  being able to identify the numbers well should take priority. 

Regarding my thoughts on the teal alternative numbers situation,  since I've been participating here or on the Official Jaguars team versions of the Forum/ Message Board,  I thought the Forum was a good opportunity for the Jaguars organization to see constructive feed back from their fans and fans of other teams.   The more identifiable the Jaguars players are in games,  the more benefits that will come the franchise's way.

(11-29-2017, 02:09 PM)D6 Wrote: I thought the Forum was a good opportunity for the Jaguars organization to see constructive feed back from their fans and fans of other teams.  

Yep, the Front Office is getting key data from the J-Dub posts.

Good. I can actually make it in time for the game. I always miss the first 5 minutes with the 1pm kickoffs.
Here we go again

(11-29-2017, 02:09 PM)D6 Wrote:
(11-29-2017, 01:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Going teal again in the Seattle game

The Jaguars teal alternative uniforms look great.   The major downside though is the numbers are much harder to read.  This is my complaint about the Lions new home ( blue ) jerseys for this season and for the Lions Throwback Jerseys that were worn in the team's annual Thanksgiving Day game.  At least on this end,  being able to identify the numbers well should take priority. 

Regarding my thoughts on the teal alternative numbers situation,  since I've been participating here or on the Official Jaguars team versions of the Forum/ Message Board,  I thought the Forum was a good opportunity for the Jaguars organization to see constructive feed back from their fans and fans of other teams.   The more identifiable the Jaguars players are in games,  the more benefits that will come the franchise's way.
Interestingly enough it seems like the primary uniform for next year will be mostly black. The alternates will probably remain teal. Although apparently the colour rush will also have teal pants.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2017, 03:54 PM by D6.)

(11-29-2017, 03:37 PM),  JackCity Wrote:
(11-29-2017, 02:09 PM)D6 Wrote: The Jaguars teal alternative uniforms look great.   The major downside though is the numbers are much harder to read.  This is my complaint about the Lions new home ( blue ) jerseys for this season and for the Lions Throwback Jerseys that were worn in the team's annual Thanksgiving Day game.  At least on this end,  being able to identify the numbers well should take priority. 

Interestingly enough it seems like the primary uniform for next year will be mostly black. The alternates will probably remain teal. Although apparently the colour rush will also have teal pants.

If the Jaguars primary dark jersey remains the way it's currently,  I think that will be a win win situation.  The jersey looks good and the numbers are easy to identify relatively speaking.

http://www.nflshop.com/Jacksonville_Jagu...le_Jaguars}

IMHO,  teal pants in the context of a Jaguars white or color rush jersey is a great option.  Teal is one of my favorite colors to begin with.  When tied into the context of Jaguars history,  teal is an excellent fit.  The same with black and gold.  Providing the jersey numbers identification isn't compromised.

(11-29-2017, 02:09 PM)D6 Wrote:

The Jaguars teal alternative uniforms look great.   The major downside though is the numbers are much harder to read.  This is my complaint about the Lions new home ( blue ) jerseys for this season and for the Lions Throwback Jerseys that were worn in the team's annual Thanksgiving Day game.  At least on this end,  being able to identify the numbers well should take priority. 

I think that means you're getting old D6
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(11-29-2017, 04:26 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(11-29-2017, 02:09 PM)D6 Wrote: The Jaguars teal alternative uniforms look great.   The major downside though is the numbers are much harder to read.  This is my complaint about the Lions new home ( blue ) jerseys for this season and for the Lions Throwback Jerseys that were worn in the team's annual Thanksgiving Day game.  At least on this end,  being able to identify the numbers well should take priority. 

I think that means you're getting old D6
That's definitely a factor.  But I had a similar issue with the Lions alternative black jerseys that were used in some games in the middle of the last decade.

http://uniformcritics.com/football/nfl/d...k-uniform/