Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Seahawks game time moved

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2017, 04:31 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-28-2017, 04:12 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 01:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, don't believe everything the league says

League didn't say that... I did.

It's the same reason out of market stations change game coverages late in the week sometimes.
It's all about the best possible scenario for getting TVs to tune in.

But feel free to believe it's to give the Hawks an edge...
After seeing our team VS the Cards... I'm not sure they need any edge.
If it was about ratings they would of moved Car vs Min.  2 NFC teams with better records fighting for the number 2 seed.  No?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-28-2017, 04:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 04:12 PM)Kane Wrote: League didn't say that... I did.

It's the same reason out of market stations change game coverages late in the week sometimes.

If it was about ratings they would of moved Car vs Min.  2 NFC teams with better records fighting for the number 2 seed.  No?

I suppose... but it's about getting those west coast markets to tune in.
No one on the west coast would watch that game, essentially tying the entire side of the country up with Rams only... and they aren't even followed much by their own market.

I actually think the jags/seahawks is a better game honestly. 

I’m think about the star power in the two games. Outside of Newton who else is on the field in the game of any notoriety? 

This jags game has Fournette, Ramsey, Campbell, Telvin, Wilson, Wagner, Bennett, ET. 

Even a story line of can “Bortles stand up to the legion of doom”? Bortles actually is an infamous player outside of Jacksonville. This would be the game where you get the crazy plays happening

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2017, 05:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-28-2017, 05:39 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 04:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If it was about ratings they would of moved Car vs Min.  2 NFC teams with better records fighting for the number 2 seed.  No?

I’m think about the star power in the two games. Outside of Newton who else is on the field in the game of any notoriety? 

This jags game has Fournette, Ramsey, Campbell, Telvin, Wilson, Wagner, Bennett, ET. 

Even a story line of can “Bortles stand up to the legion of doom”? Bortles actually is an infamous player outside of Jacksonville. This would be the game where you get the crazy plays happening

McCaffrey and half the defense

(11-28-2017, 04:48 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 04:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If it was about ratings they would of moved Car vs Min.  2 NFC teams with better records fighting for the number 2 seed.  No?

I suppose... but it's about getting those west coast markets to tune in.
No one on the west coast would watch that game, essentially tying the entire side of the country up with Rams only... and they aren't even followed much by their own market.

If they were so concerned about that they would of made the game in that time slot before the season when they made the schedules

(11-28-2017, 05:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 05:39 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: I actually think the jags/seahawks is a better game honestly. 

McCaffrey and half the defense

(11-28-2017, 04:48 PM)Kane Wrote: I suppose... but it's about getting those west coast markets to tune in.

If they were so concerned about that they would of made the game in that time slot before the season when they made the schedules

"half the defense" C'mon man...

no... they lined up "Americas team" in a lot of those slots.... and Americas team has fallen off a cliff.

It's OK to be wrong man...
Especially about something as crazy as the NFL colluding with the Seahawks to give them some sort of 3 hr benefit lol

They make the schedules based on what they THINK will draw the most. Then local out of market affiliates choose which game they are going to show based on the NFL TV rules and what they think will draw the most views for their area.

The NFL will make these changes from afternoon time slots to late time slots and sometimes to SNF all based on what they think will be the bigger ratings draw.
Putting the Seahawks on will give Fox more ratings on the west coast where it'll be 1 or 2 at kickoff.
Originally it should have been a marquee "Americas team" VS G-Men for divisional title aspirations. Now... no one wants to see that.
Why did they not flex the Carolina Minny game? Because outside of Minnesota and Carolina no one cares about that game, and switching it to a later time slot within the same time zone doesn't boost the ratings.

And remember ratings = money. TV viewers = $.

It's really quite simple when you don't try to complicate it.

It is still a backup game that day since Eagles at Rams in at the same time. I would guess that all of Florida and other Jags markets will get this game along with Nashville.. Titans are at 4:05 at Arizona ( Go Blaine!!) .. Then the Pac NW Seahawk territory will get this game.. But Red Zone viewers will see a good part of this game...

This will probably be the best attended game of the season... Stubhub is showing prices at double this week's at Indy.. Will that impact attendance I wonder??

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2017, 05:55 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-28-2017, 05:51 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 05:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: McCaffrey and half the defense

"half the defense" C'mon man...

no... they lined up "Americas team" in a lot of those slots.... and Americas team has fallen off a cliff.

It's OK to be wrong man...
Especially about something as crazy as the NFL colluding with the Seahawks to give them some sort of 3 hr benefit lol

They make the schedules based on what they THINK will draw the most. Then local out of market affiliates choose which game they are going to show based on the NFL TV rules and what they think will draw the most views for their area.

The NFL will make these changes from afternoon time slots to late time slots and sometimes to SNF all based on what they think will be the bigger ratings draw.
Putting the Seahawks on will give Fox more ratings on the west coast where it'll be 1 or 2 at kickoff.
Originally it should have been a marquee "Americas team" VS G-Men for divisional title aspirations. Now... no one wants to see that.
Why did they not flex the Carolina Minny game? Because outside of Minnesota and Carolina no one cares about that game, and switching it to a later time slot within the same time zone doesn't boost the ratings.

And remember ratings = money. TV viewers = $.

It's really quite simple when you don't try to complicate it.

Yes half the defense, you act like they dont have a great defense.  They have been good for years, we are just getting started. You would believe anything the league tells you.

(11-28-2017, 12:32 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 12:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This helps the Seahawks so of course they would make this move

It's about ratings. Not about helping one team or another.

For us out of market fans, we're thankful.

For us European fans; we're very much not thankful.

As long as it's on TV here in Gainesville I'm good. The only other one on Fox this season(Rams) was the only game this season that wasn't on in this area.

(11-28-2017, 06:08 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 12:32 PM)Kane Wrote: It's about ratings. Not about helping one team or another.

For us out of market fans, we're thankful.

For us European fans; we're very much not thankful.
Could hurt more than it helps, lots of European views they will be losing

(11-28-2017, 05:39 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:

A case can be made for either game.   

IMHO, the Vikings have 7 Pro Bowl Caliber Defensive players,  including Everson Griffen,  who is a prime candidate for NFL Defensive Player of the Year.  Either option at QB for the Vikings is a storyline.   

The Panthers have a future HOF in Julius Peppers and two of the most well known 4-3 LBs in the NFL.  

Because the Seahawks are missing at least half of the Legion of Boom,  they are far from the Defensive unit they normally are even though they still have differential talent in the front 7 and at FS.

(11-28-2017, 12:44 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I love 4 pm home games.  Allows for a good long tailgate and to still be able to get home at a decent hour.

I second that emotion. I love 4 PM games.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(11-28-2017, 06:22 PM)D6 Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 05:39 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: I actually think the jags/seahawks is a better game honestly. 

A case can be made for either game.   

IMHO, the Vikings have 7 Pro Bowl Caliber Defensive players,  including Everson Griffen,  who is a prime candidate for NFL Defensive Player of the Year.  Either option at QB for the Vikings is a storyline.   

The Panthers have a future HOF in Julius Peppers and two of the most well known 4-3 LBs in the NFL.  

Because the Seahawks are missing at least half of the Legion of Boom,  they are far from the Defensive unit they normally are even though they still have differential talent in the front 7 and at FS.
Carolina has a ton of studs on defense. Short is a beast too and Lotulelei is no sloutch.  Year in and year out they are a top 5 D, 2nd as of now.

(11-28-2017, 06:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 06:22 PM)D6 Wrote:  A case can be made for either game.   

Carolina has a ton of studs on defense. Short is a beast too and Lotulelei is no sloutch.  Year in and year out they are a top 5 D, 2nd as of now.

Agreed.   Even the Panthers CB play has been noticeably better this season,  after a season of growing pains with two rookies starting in 2016.

this is BS to me.. that start time makes it more like a west coast game for them...

(11-28-2017, 01:03 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Bummer.  I was thinking of coming down for this game.  But won't do it with a later start.  Dont want to get home after midnight.  Maybe I'll do the Texans game instead.

What, do you walk home or something?  I rarely get home later than 9 for 4 PM games.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2017, 09:13 PM by My Desired Display Name.)

Simple answer, FOX has a double header that week and CBS doesnt.  For CBS to move the game to 4pm it would be cutting the LA market, the NY market, and a large portion of the midwest markets from viewing it.  The only way it would work is for them to move the Car/Min game to Sunday Night...which was what was talked about but clearly decided against.

TL;DR If CBS moves Car/Min to 4pm, the potential audience would be just as small if not smaller than by leaving it at 1pm.

Wink 

Selfishly, this really helps me out as I am heading back to Jax that day and now won't have to rush.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(11-28-2017, 12:57 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 12:17 PM)Kane Wrote: I'm totally joking...
Unless you're not offended.... then.. Benadryl works wonders...

But I kid... why not just keep him up and put him down later.

Or slip him a lil Fireball....

with Benadryl...

Unless your child is one of the many under 2 years old where Benadryl has an excitatory effect rather then drowsy. Then Benadryl just made your life a lot worse. Benadryl doesn't work the same in the very old and very young. What it does to you and me is not always repeatable at those ages.

That's where the alcohol comes in.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2017, 04:54 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

We never win during that time slot. Then we have to listen to the dreaded announcer call us the Jagwuahs all game since it's Fox.
No pain, no gain.