Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft Grades

[Image: 0ap1000000164805.jpg]
<b>Jacksonville Jaguars</b>
<b>Draft picks:</b> Leonard Fournette (No. 4 overall), Cam Robinson (No. 34 overall), Dawuane Smoot (No. 68 overall), Dede Westbrook (No. 110 overall), Blair Brown (No. 148 overall), Jalen Myrick (No. 222 overall), Marquez Williams (No. 240 overall)
<b>Day 1 grade:</b> B+
<b>Day 2 grade:</b> A
<b>Day 3 grade:</b> A
<b>Overall grade:</b> A-
<b>The skinny:</b> Blake Bortles' development will be aided by Fournette's. Fournette's injury history is a bit worrisome, but the same was said about Adrian Peterson -- that turned out well. But will he be able to succeed like last year's No. 4 pick, Ezekiel Elliott, without a similarly talented offensive line? Cam Robinson is a beast, and will be a longtime starter inside or outside for Jacksonville; giving up a sixth-round pick to get him in the second round was no sweat. Duwuane Smoot from Illinois has strength and flashed off the edge, a solid pick in the early third round.

Dede Westbrook is elusive and fast, but he fell to the fourth round due to off-field issues and a slight build. He's not contact-shy, though -- he'll play tough. The Jags got faster with linebacker Blair Brown and corner Jalen Myrick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...m=referral

<p style="text-align:center;">[Image: 0mbt2.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

But but but the front office is stupid and we reached so many times !!!!

Grades at this juncture are just conjecture.

Grade a draft after these players have actually played in games.

For every Manning, there are 10 Vince Young's

It gives draftniks and. " experts" something to do during the off season and have a little relevance.

I give the Jags an A. I give them a C. Blah blah.

I'm ok with ours..have faith in our management, and reserve the right to praise or condemn after, well after the fact.

We still have OLine issues, and wonder if the second day of the draft satisfied needs besides special teams?

Fingers crossed.
Blakes Life Matters

Jags get a c.   Still have no qb. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Jags get a c. Still have no qb.

Imagine if we have just gotten Peterman in the 2nd...

Only 1 team got below a B...

They get a C from me because of their first round pick. Other than that bit of stupidity, I love their draft. 

I wasn't too excited, but after having a day to read about the players we drafted, I think it's a solid "B" draft.  

But it's always hard to tell until they hit the field.  I think it was a good offseason but the 2017 NFL season is going to depend heavily on whether or not Blake takes that next step forward as a QB. 

I try and stay away from saying A- or B+. I look at if the picks made sense, they fit our scheme, value, and need.

Like I posted in other threads, TC/DC clearly looked at this team and saw different needs then the fans.

The draft makes sense, we heard from the team they want to be tough and physical as well as needed playmakers.

The only pick that I really question is Smoot. I think there were better options but they clearly had him rated pretty high.

C+

They still didn't address the QB issue.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

For those saying we didn't address the QB issue, we didn't have any option too.

Our choices were to trade up for Trubisky- absolutely not

Reach for one at 4- absolutely not

Reach for Kizer in the 2nd- no

Take Webb in the 3rd- worse version of Goff- no

Taking any of the other qbs is simply adding quantity and not quality. None of these Qbs appear to be better than Bortles right now or next year. Obviously time will tell but the team clearly saw this as well.

Quote:For those saying we didn't address the QB issue, we didn't have any option too.

Our choices were to trade up for Trubisky- absolutely not

Reach for one at 4- absolutely not

Reach for Kizer in the 2nd- no

Take Webb in the 3rd- worse version of Goff- no

Taking any of the other qbs is simply adding quantity and not quality. None of these Qbs appear to be better than Bortles right now or next year. Obviously time will tell but the team clearly saw this as well.

Right. At best one of the rookies would play just a bit better then Bortles last year, at worst be a waste of a pick and we would have to burn yet another pick next year on QB.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:C+

They still didn't address the QB issue.

Ha ha blake bortles is still our qb so get over it.
[Image: giphy.gif]

I give it a B-. Didnt address TE or Guard.

Quote:I give it a B-. Didnt address TE or Guard.
who would you of took in which rounds?

Quote:who would you of took in which rounds?

I would have taken Jake Butt in 5th. I also would have taken Dion Dawkins.

Mel Kiper gave us a C+

Quote:I would have taken Jake Butt in 5th. I also would have taken Dion Dawkins.
Butt was gone before our 5th round pick and Dawkins went in the 2nd.  So the first 4 rounds would of looked like this

1. Fournette

2. Dawkins

3. Smoot

4. Butt

No thanks, I like what we did better

Quote:Butt was gone before our 5th round pick and Dawkins went in the 2nd. So the first 4 rounds would of looked like this

1. Fournette

2. Dawkins

3. Smoot

4. Butt

No thanks, I like what we did better

This is why you don't even argue with him...

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2017, 08:42 PM by Jacksonville.)

Quote:This is why you don't even argue with him...
Wasnt arguing, I just like our draft better.  I like Dawkins as well but not over Cam, everyone has their own opinion.  I like the Heisman finalist in the 4th as well. Crazy he would take Dawkins over Robinson