Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 13

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2017, 12:43 AM by Bullseye.)

So much for that whole fortune favoring the bold hullaballoo.  I, along with a few others, took a chance on a prediction of the Colts beating the tacks last week.  After leading much of the game, the Colts folded and allowed the tacks to come back and win.  Meanwhile, my Jaguars found a way to lose a winnable game in the desert to the Cardinals.  So the Jaguars had sole possession of first place in the AFC South for about a week.  So, I ate too much and managed to not cuss out my family, so from that perspective, my Thanksgiving was fine.  But from a football perspective, it stunk, and as far as picks go, I had my first losing weekend in a while.  Here's hoping this week goes better.  Here are my thoughts on this week's games.

Colts (3-8) at Jaguars (7-4)-The last time these two teams met in Indy, the Jaguars shut out the Colts 27-0, recording ten sacks in the process.  Not too much has changed since then.  Yes, the Colts are playing better, but the same basic match-up problems the Colts had against the Jaguars persist.  The Jaguars can still rush the passer and the Colts still have problems along the OL, and gave up eight (8) sacks against the tacks last week.  Brissett is still a young QB, and the Jaguars, despite playing a soft zone last week, can still cover with the best of them.  The Colts are still mediocre against the run, and the Jaguars are still intent on running the ball, and are getting two OL back healthy-LG Patrick Omameh and RT Jermey Parnell.  The Jaguars, still hungry for their first playoff berth since 2007 and first division title since 1999, will bounce back and sweep the Colts 23-3. Edit: Colts' C Ryan Kelly not expected to play Sunday as a result of concussion symptoms. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ay-sunday/

Texans (4-7) at tacks (7-4)-I'd like to think the Texans match up so well against the tacks that the loss of Watson for the year makes no difference and the Texans would blow out the tacks again.  But I can't bring myself to that conclusion.  The tacks, like the Jaguars, are pursuing their first playoff season in a long time.  tacks win 27-10.

Last week:  1-2
Overall:  21-16

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

21-8 overall both tittians,and jags are n playoff race. both teams play divisional games this week. Jags must win to stay with tittians. no way they lose to texans.

I will take the tittians ,and jags this week.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

So the Colts Oline got worse with Kelly out? Nice.

Jags defense is mad. As long as they do a good job of covering Doyle, this one will be a blowout.

(11-30-2017, 09:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So the Colts Oline got worse with Kelly out? Nice.

Jags defense is mad. As long as they do a good job of covering Doyle, this one will be a blowout.

The question is can that be accomplished if Telvin Smith does not play?

I think so.

Jack should be able to handle him in man coverage, and Poz excels in zone.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'm going to take a chance this weekend.  Even though Tennessee is in the playoff hunt, they have been playing from behind almost every week.  I think that it bites them this weekend.

Jaguars
Texans

Last week 2-1
Overall 26-11

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2017, 10:28 AM by Jeff.Fisher.)

I was 3-0 last week. It was glorious.

The Titans beat the Texans. (Payback)
The Jags lose one to indy (Payback)

And this is the week that the Titans start to play like a playoff team. Mariota starts to show us what we all know, he is pretty darn good

Last week 0-0 (I was out of town for holiday)
20-14 overall

This week:
Jags
tinhorns

(11-30-2017, 09:39 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-30-2017, 09:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So the Colts Oline got worse with Kelly out? Nice.

The question is can that be accomplished if Telvin Smith does not play?

I think so.

Jack should be able to handle him in man coverage, and Poz excels in zone.
I mean as long as they don't just let Doyle get a free release, he shouldn't have enough time to get open. And if they keep Doyle back to block, well then that's great!

2-1 last week
28-9 overall

Titans over Texans
Jaguars over Colts
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

I'll go titans and Jaguars.

I could easily see the titans losing, but they seem to be a lucky team this season so far, and luck helps. The Jaguars are just a better team than the colts.

(11-29-2017, 11:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote: So much for that whole fortune favoring the bold hullaballoo.  I, along with a few others, took a chance on a prediction of the Colts beating the tacks last week.  After leading much of the game, the Colts folded and allowed the tacks to come back and win.  Meanwhile, my Jaguars found a way to lose a winnable game in the desert to the Cardinals.  So the Jaguars had sole possession of first place in the AFC South for about a week.  So, I ate too much and managed to not cuss out my family, so from that perspective, my Thanksgiving was fine.  But from a football perspective, it stunk, and as far as picks go, I had my first losing weekend in a while.  Here's hoping this week goes better.  Here are my thoughts on this week's games.

Colts (3-8) at Jaguars (7-4)-The last time these two teams met in Indy, the Jaguars shut out the Colts 27-0, recording ten sacks in the process.  Not too much has changed since then.  Yes, the Colts are playing better, but the same basic match-up problems the Colts had against the Jaguars persist.  The Jaguars can still rush the passer and the Colts still have problems along the OL, and gave up eight (8) sacks against the tacks last week.  Brissett is still a young QB, and the Jaguars, despite playing a soft zone last week, can still cover with the best of them.  The Colts are still mediocre against the run, and the Jaguars are still intent on running the ball, and are getting two OL back healthy-LG Patrick Omameh and RT Jermey Parnell.  The Jaguars, still hungry for their first playoff berth since 2007 and first division title since 1999, will bounce back and sweep the Colts 23-3.  Edit:  Colts' C Ryan Kelly not expected to play Sunday as a result of concussion symptoms.  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ay-sunday/

Texans (4-7) at tacks (7-4)-I'd like to think the Texans match up so well against the tacks that the loss of Watson for the year makes no difference and the Texans would blow out the tacks again.  But I can't bring myself to that conclusion.  The tacks, like the Jaguars, are pursuing their first playoff season in a long time.  tacks win 27-10.

Last week:  1-2
Overall:  21-16

I'm mad about last week so this week going with 'my heart'
Jags,
Texans.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Jags
Tacks

3-3 overall

2-1 last week, 27-10 overall.

Jaguars over Colts
Titans over Texans
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Jags and titans

23-14 overall

Last week: 2-1

Overall: 29-8

Jaguars

Titans
'02

Give me Jags and Houston.

2-1 last week.

25-12 overall
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Week # 12 results: 2-1
Overall Results: 29-8

Week # 13 Selections:

Jacksonville
Tennessee

The Big Cat will feast on horse! 30-0
horns will trample the tacks in their own house 21-14
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017, 02:38 PM by JaguarKick.)

My picks are Jags and tacks btw

Lee needs to come down with that.

(11-30-2017, 05:34 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: 2-1 last week, 27-10 overall.

Jaguars over Colts
Titans over Texans

2-0 this week, 29-10 overall.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan