Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DJIA hits 24K

DJIA hits 24K. Up 5,600 points since election night.

Not too shabby!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-30-2017, 11:43 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: DJIA hits 24K. Up 5,600 points since election night.

Not too shabby!
How's the national debt doing?

(11-30-2017, 11:58 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-30-2017, 11:43 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: DJIA hits 24K. Up 5,600 points since election night.

Not too shabby!
How's the national debt doing?

Amazing how everyone became "fiscally responsible" on January 20th, 2017.

I'm totally ridin' this wave !!!

[Image: g.foolcdn.comeditorialimages422744wave-s...b5de32.jpg]

(11-30-2017, 12:22 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'm totally ridin' this wave !!!

[Image: g.foolcdn.comeditorialimages422744wave-s...b5de32.jpg]

Still have my liberal buddy telling me this is an Obama market.

And the GDP has been revised to 3.3% Thank You Trump
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

(11-30-2017, 12:30 PM)The Drifter Wrote: And the GDP has been revised to 3.3% Thank You Trump

Obama never saw 3% his entire 2 terms. Think about that...

Market up 350 today at the moment. Holy crap!

(11-30-2017, 02:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Market up 350 today at the moment. Holy crap!

Probably due to investors seeing that shareholders will get more tax cuts with this new tax bill.

(11-30-2017, 02:23 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-30-2017, 02:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Market up 350 today at the moment. Holy crap!

Probably due to investors seeing that shareholders will get more tax cuts with this new tax bill.

Absolutely. A lot of the markets recent success is based on the premise tax reform will pass. It looks like it is going to, but baring a situation where it doesn't, the markets will take a serious hit in the coming months.

(11-30-2017, 02:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-30-2017, 02:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: Probably due to investors seeing that shareholders will get more tax cuts with this new tax bill.

Absolutely. A lot of the markets recent success is based on the premise tax reform will pass. It looks like it is going to, but baring a situation where it doesn't, the markets will take a serious hit in the coming months.

Bitcoin also to $11,000 - it’s a wacky work out there.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2017, 05:09 PM by TJBender.)

Not too shabby!

Yay, 30 cherry-picked stocks representative of nothing are performing well! And if they don't perform well enough, they'll get kicked out so a new cherry-picked stock representative of nothing can be added!

(11-30-2017, 12:30 PM)The Drifter Wrote: And the GDP has been revised to 3.3% Thank You Trump

Which only proves that spending is up. It says nothing about the overall health of the economy.

(11-30-2017, 05:08 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Not too shabby!

Yay, 30 cherry-picked stocks representative of nothing are performing well! And if they don't perform well enough, they'll get kicked out so a new cherry-picked stock representative of nothing can be added!

Which only proves that spending is up. It says nothing about the overall health of the economy.

You are gonna fight this one til' the end, huh?

(11-30-2017, 05:15 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-30-2017, 05:08 PM)TJBender Wrote: Yay, 30 cherry-picked stocks representative of nothing are performing well! And if they don't perform well enough, they'll get kicked out so a new cherry-picked stock representative of nothing can be added!

You are gonna fight this one til' the end, huh?

Once we stop using economic measuring sticks that either mean nothing or are a barometer only for the rich, I'll be done. Using the Dow Jones as an indicator of economic health was stupid long before Donald Trump was President.

As much as I don't like to agree with TJ, he's right.

The stock market performance has very little to do with the President.  The current tax bill could drive it higher, but I see a correction coming soon.  The Fed is going to bump up interest rates and I see bonds making a bit of a run.

With that being said, I've been "all in" all year and have been making some good money.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-30-2017, 09:25 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: As much as I don't like to agree with TJ, he's right.

The stock market performance has very little to do with the President.  The current tax bill could drive it higher, but I see a correction coming soon.  The Fed is going to bump up interest rates and I see bonds making a bit of a run.

With that being said, I've been "all in" all year and have been making some good money.

Its funny how everyone knows its gonna correct but they keep wanting to ride that wave.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-30-2017, 11:05 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(11-30-2017, 09:25 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: As much as I don't like to agree with TJ, he's right.

Its funny how everyone knows its gonna correct but they keep wanting to ride that wave.

I don't think it is a secret or a surprise that it is going to eventually "correct". If you are investing at the appropriate risk for your age, it doesn't really matter. In the words of my late grandfather, "If you want to make money in the stock market, all you have to do is live long enough".

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2017, 01:08 AM by jj82284.)

(12-01-2017, 12:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-30-2017, 11:05 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Its funny how everyone knows its gonna correct but they keep wanting to ride that wave.

I don't think it is a secret or a surprise that it is going to eventually "correct". If you are investing at the appropriate risk for your age, it doesn't really matter. In the words of my late grandfather, "If you want to make money in the stock market, all you have to do is live long enough".

truer words may never have been said...

I would disagree with you on the idea that Trump has nothing to do with this.  Go back and watch the election night coverage.  They simulcast the Dow with the election results.  Initially, when it became apparent that he was going to win there was a negative run on stocks.  A few hours later it became clear that the initial sell off was investors rebalancing to go long.  The dow was up a few hundred points by the time Clinton gave her concession speech that morning and it has been on a rocket ship ever since.  

Yes, the market corrects, that's a natural part of the market.  But overall you see GDP growth higher than it has been at any time during the Obama administration, real capital investment spurred by the massive cutback on regulations on the federal level and the promise of cost certainty in the tax structure, and correspondingly low unemployment.  This isn't eden, but we have the foundations for solid growth over the next few years.

The education and real estate sectors are gonna put another huge damper on that growth if we dont do something while all this is going on.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

So about that correction...

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.