Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
War with North Korea

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017, 09:21 AM by The Real Marty.)

From everything I read and hear, war with North Korea is inevitable.  For the sake of our national survival, the current situation cannot continue.  If we don't do something, in short order North Korea will have an ICBM aimed at every American city. 

So this is what I think President Trump should do: 

1) Call in the members of congress, and get their support.  If they don't like what's about to happen, call their bluff and ask them for a palatable alternative. 
2) Tell the Chinese.  Be very clear about what's going to happen, in order to try and minimize a miscalculation that could lead to a war between us and China.  If they don't like what's about to happen, call their bluff and ask them for a palatable alternative.  
3) Go on TV and address the American people. 
4) Get all our weaponry in place for a long and costly war. 

I don't see any other way out of this.  Time to get serious.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Chinese have already told NK that if they instigate an armed conflict with the US, they’re on their own. NK will continue to amp up their rhetoric because they have Seoul as a hostage. An attack orchestrated by the US, with SK support, would have to be preceded by an evacuation of Seoul.

Amping up their rhetoric while amping up their nuclear capabilities. Eventually, NK may have China in their sites. Maybe not in our lifetime, but eventually.

NK leader is a big talker and idiot, but he has to know if he ever shot a nuke at any country the rest of the world would be all up in his [BLEEP] and he would not survive, not just politically, but he would wake up dead after he was found guilty of crimes against humanity and anything else the UN or world court charged him with

War with North Korea is a strange game, the only winning move is not to play.

20 million or so non military civilians in North Korea. Always fascinates me what would become of them once the government there falls. Chinese would use them for hard labour. Very hard to get them back into modern society I'd imagine.

Any conflict with them has so many dangers. If you corner them bad but don't finish them in time who knows what they'll do. The Chinese don't want the Americans there. The south koreans don't want a conflict as far as I know.

(12-03-2017, 11:54 AM)wrong_box Wrote: NK leader is a big talker and idiot, but he has to know if he ever shot a nuke at any country the rest of the world would be all up in his [BLEEP] and he would not survive, not just politically, but he would wake up dead after he was found guilty of crimes against humanity and anything else the UN or world court charged him with

So, you think it's okay if he builds enough nukes and ICBMs to wipe us off the map with 30 minutes warning?  

Is there anyone who you would not want to have the power to wipe humanity off the face of the earth?  

You think death is enough of a deterrent that he would not do something crazy?

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017, 12:32 PM by The Real Marty.)

(12-03-2017, 10:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The Chinese have already told NK that if they instigate an armed conflict with the US, they’re on their own. NK will continue to amp up their rhetoric because they have Seoul as a hostage. An attack orchestrated by the US, with SK support, would have to be preceded by an evacuation of Seoul.

Totally true.  But if we do nothing, he continues to build more and more nuclear weapons, more and more ICBMs, and eventually, he will have the power to totally destroy us with the push of a button.   I don't want to rely on his sanity to stop him from doing that.  

President after President after President has said they will not allow him to have nuclear weapons.  So here we are.  We have arrived at the point of decision.

I think we need to be very very clear, to the entire world, exactly what is going to happen, and exactly what will provoke it.  And then we need to be willing to do it.  It's going to be painful, and costly, and there will be a lot of collateral damage, and a lot of lives lost.  But the alternative is unthinkable.

(12-03-2017, 12:20 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 11:54 AM)wrong_box Wrote: NK leader is a big talker and idiot, but he has to know if he ever shot a nuke at any country the rest of the world would be all up in his [BLEEP] and he would not survive, not just politically, but he would wake up dead after he was found guilty of crimes against humanity and anything else the UN or world court charged him with

So, you think it's okay if he builds enough nukes and ICBMs to wipe us off the map with 30 minutes warning?  

Is there anyone who you would not want to have the power to wipe humanity off the face of the earth?  

The USSR/Russia has had that capability for decades now and the world still hasn't ended. To quote the stunningly mediocre movie The Peacemaker: "I'm not afraid of the man who wants ten nuclear weapons. I'm terrified of the man who only wants one."

We wouldn't see China what our plans are, but I suppose I understanding telling them how much of this behavior we're willing to take before we do something about it.

(12-03-2017, 12:20 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Pretty sure I said none of that...Fat Boy knows he's not gonna shoot a nuke at us but he's gonna talk like he will...I don't think he should have nukes at all, and yes I don't think he wants to die and I believe he knows he will wake up dead if he does shoot a nuke at anyone...Fat boy is a bully and as long as he can keep barking without actually biting that's exactly what he's gonna do...He knows first shot at anyone nuke or not he's a goner

(12-03-2017, 09:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: From everything I read and hear, war with North Korea is inevitable.  For the sake of our national survival, the current situation cannot continue.  If we don't do something, in short order North Korea will have an ICBM aimed at every American city. 

So this is what I think President Trump should do: 

1) Call in the members of congress, and get their support.  If they don't like what's about to happen, call their bluff and ask them for a palatable alternative. 
2) Tell the Chinese.  Be very clear about what's going to happen, in order to try and minimize a miscalculation that could lead to a war between us and China.  If they don't like what's about to happen, call their bluff and ask them for a palatable alternative.  
3) Go on TV and address the American people. 
4) Get all our weaponry in place for a long and costly war. 

I don't see any other way out of this.  Time to get serious.

We should just start knocking the "test" rockets out of the sky.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(12-03-2017, 11:57 AM)DragonFury Wrote: War with North Korea is a strange game, the only winning move is not to play.

Hmmmm, I think full destruction of their cities and war materials production capacity would be a win.

But I'm American so you might think differently over there in Surrenderland.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-03-2017, 06:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 11:57 AM)DragonFury Wrote: War with North Korea is a strange game, the only winning move is not to play.

Hmmmm, I think full destruction of their cities and war materials production capacity would be a win.

I think 20 million civilian dead will mean the end of any kind of support the US has in the ensuing war against China, especially considered it will be a hollow victory over an opponent that can barely even feed their own soldiers.

(12-03-2017, 06:48 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 06:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Hmmmm, I think full destruction of their cities and war materials production capacity would be a win.

I think 20 million civilian dead will mean the end of any kind of support the US has in the ensuing war against China, especially considered it will be a hollow victory over an opponent that can barely even feed their own soldiers.

We're not really concerned with any of that. Arrogance is a purely American trait as well.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-03-2017, 07:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 06:48 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I think 20 million civilian dead will mean the end of any kind of support the US has in the ensuing war against China, especially considered it will be a hollow victory over an opponent that can barely even feed their own soldiers.

We're not really concerned with any of that. Arrogance is a purely American trait as well.

Basic risk/reward analysis is clearly not.

(12-03-2017, 08:01 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 07:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We're not really concerned with any of that. Arrogance is a purely American trait as well.

If it wasn't for the conventional and chemical risk to S.K., the US would have already been back to Nk to get that looney family out of there.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(12-03-2017, 08:01 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 07:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We're not really concerned with any of that. Arrogance is a purely American trait as well.

The risk of that [BLEEP] getting ICBMs to go with the nukes Clinton never should have given them outweighs the reward of having the global community think well of us.

(12-03-2017, 12:34 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 12:20 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So, you think it's okay if he builds enough nukes and ICBMs to wipe us off the map with 30 minutes warning?  

The USSR/Russia has had that capability for decades now and the world still hasn't ended. To quote the stunningly mediocre movie The Peacemaker: "I'm not afraid of the man who wants ten nuclear weapons. I'm terrified of the man who only wants one."
Neither the US or Russia are running their mouths openly about using nukes against each other either...Nukes between US and Russia are more of a deterrent, but NK is threatening to use them...HUGE difference

NK could launch their entire arsenal of nukes, maybe even hitting a few population centers. It would result in their complete destruction. Mutually assured destruction prevented nuclear war from breaking out between the US and USSR during the Cold War. The same will hold true in this instance. I don’t see this lunatic actually targeting anything other than water with his missiles. He has to recognize the risk, and the no win situation he’s in.

Despite the rhetoric, diplomacy will end this. If not, a surgical strike will. When the dust settles, NKs nuclear aspirations aren’t nearly as terrifying as the notion they might sell that material to a state sponsor of terror like Iran.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]