Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles is driving me nuts.

Today, he had probably his best game of the season. He made a tight throw to Keenan Cole that was unbelievable - probably the best pass he's ever thrown as a Jaguar.

Yet last week against the Cardinals he threw two interceptions. 

The week before against the Browns, he played well.

The week before that, against the Chargers, he threw two interceptions. 

It would save us a lot of trouble (and money) if we could keep him next year. I'm rooting for him to stay. But he has to string more games like today together. I'd like to believe with this game, maybe he finally gets it. He looked poised and comfortable out there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He hasn't played bad at all this year. We've seen what he is capable of when receivers decide to catch. Lee had an outstanding game today...far cry from his league-leading drops.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

He only had 1 int last week against the cardnials and his accuracy would have been alot better if there wasnt 6-8 drops by recievers who balls hit thier hands

He looked good today. Best I've ever seen him.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

He continual places the ball where our receivers are teed up for big hits. Has he hit a receiver in stride to maximize TAC? Other than I wish we could play the Colts secondary every week Bottles is what he is. He is durable as heck that is for sure. He did make some throws that hopefully indicate additional progress.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Yeah only one INT at Arizona, and MULTIPLE drops on beautiful deep balls.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-03-2017, 07:42 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: He continual places the ball where our receivers are teed up for big hits. Has he hit a receiver in stride to maximize YAC? Other than I wish we could play the Colts secondary every week Bottles is what he is. He is durable as heck that is for sure. He did make some throws that hopefully indicate additional progress.

The Khan Years

If Bortles gets hurt we're screwed, kinda weird how that sounds. Although he's not perfect, Bortles can get into a rhythm and move the ball downfield and I don't think the backups can do that. No pick-6s yet this year

Blake Bortles.......franchise quarterback.

How bout no. He had a really good game. Against three rookie corners/safetys
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

He was able to do well because they called plays that let WR's get open. And they let him pass the ball around. Watch next week. [BLEEP] Hackett will go back into a shell of fear and not call pass plays that let a QB throw.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(12-03-2017, 07:42 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: He continual places the ball where our receivers are teed up for big hits. Has he hit a receiver in stride to maximize TAC? Other than I wish we could play the Colts secondary every week Bottles is what he is. He is durable as heck that is for sure. He did make some throws that hopefully indicate additional progress.

And exactly where was he supposed to put that long ball to Cole then? Because apparently hitting a receiver in his hands, in stride between a CB and a safety isn't good enough for you.

One thing i noticed about BB5 that is different then most the other young QBs in the league, Is the fact he does not wear a play armband. He is smart enough to know what the play is when its called he doesnt have to look down at his arm to relay the play or know what it was called. it shows he is pretty bright and i think he knows what he does bad and has a very good job at fixing it. Some fans thing he should never throw an int every in his entired carreer to be good and that just inst realistic. his numbers would be alot better if he had arob and ahurns in the games.

(12-03-2017, 08:00 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 07:42 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: He continual places the ball where our receivers are teed up for big hits. Has he hit a receiver in stride to maximize TAC? Other than I wish we could play the Colts secondary every week Bottles is what he is. He is durable as heck that is for sure. He did make some throws that hopefully indicate additional progress.

And exactly where was he supposed to put that long ball to Cole then? Because apparently hitting a receiver in his hands, in stride between a CB and a safety isn't good enough for you.
I acknowledged that is the "He did make some throws that hopefully indicate additional progress" statement. I was referring to that being a good play and progress. I am not against my team.
The Khan Years

(12-03-2017, 08:00 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: One thing i noticed about BB5 that is different then most the other young QBs in the league, Is the fact he does not wear a play armband. He is smart enough to know what the play is when its called he doesnt have to look down at his arm to relay the play or know what it was called. it shows he is pretty bright and i think he knows what he does bad and has a very good job at fixing it. Some fans thing he should never throw an int every in his entired carreer to be good and that just inst realistic. his numbers would be alot better if he had arob and ahurns in the games.

Considering they only run about 15 plays a game in one variation or another I wouldn't really say he is a bright QB because he has no armband. I do agree his numbers may be way better with Hurns and Arob available, especially Arob. He takes defensive pressure off of the other WRs.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Bortles also missing both his starting receivers.

Bortles may of had his best game of his career. IMO a lot credit should go to Hackett for his performance today. He called a beautiful game and kept the playcalling unpredictable for once. He also called plays to Bortles strengths... saw him on alot of option plays and roll outs. Bortles does very well when he is asked to execute those kind of plays. The passes to Cole and Lewis were amazing. I don't think I have ever seen Bortles make the kinda throw he made to Lewis ever. He also threw the ball away well when he needed to instead of forcing a mistake. When he threw the ball over Lees head out of bounds that was a great decision by him that we haven't really seen him make.

He's playing good right now.

(12-03-2017, 07:42 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: He continually places the ball where our receivers are teed up for big hits. Has he hit a receiver in stride to maximize YAC? Other than I wish we could play the Colts secondary every week. Bortles is what he is. He is durable as heck that is for sure. He did make some throws that hopefully indicate additional progress.

Maximizing YAC does not have to mean catching the ball in stride. Just find the open receiver and throw the ball to him.

Of course, you don't want to see Marqise Lee do what he is so good at: dropping balls whether he is open or covered. That is 100% on Lee. I did not see that today.

Bortles is a confidence player.

He was confident today in every throw he made. It also helped that he was playing against a TERRIBLE pass defense.