Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles is driving me nuts.

Bortles is my QB Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2017, 09:41 AM by MightyRx.)

Bortles is doing this with 3 rookie WRs.
Yeah, I'd say he's pretty good right now!
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

He’s figured it out.

(12-18-2017, 06:31 AM)JackCity Wrote: Bortles playing the best football of his career at the most crucial part of the year is truly beautiful to watch. He's doing literally everything better as QB.

This is key. Bortles is catching fire at the time when a team really needs to be kicking it into gear.

I am hesitant to get sucked in by Bortles. I jumped on his bandwagon before and stuck with him for a long time. BUT, I have seen over and over again him lose the game all by himself. I feel if I remain skeptical, maybe he will continue to play well. I am not sold yet, I'm just not. I want the kid to succeed, but I have been burnt before and I STILL want him to prove he is a different QB and he can only do that by continuing to play like he has the last 3 weeks. Prove me wrong Blake, prove me wrong.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(12-18-2017, 06:57 AM)EricC85 Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 06:31 AM)JackCity Wrote: Bortles playing the best football of his career at the most crucial part of the year is truly beautiful to watch. He's doing literally everything better as QB.

that really is the key, he's getting hot when it matters the most.

Yup instead of us limping into the playoffs in spite of Bort he's arguably been our best player the last few games. Thats huge for collective team confidence. 

Maybe, just maybe we could see Bort ride this hot streak into the playoffs. Flacco did it with the Ravens and they dominated. We have a better team all round than they did.

I started this thread, and I'm convinced. #5 is good.

Can't complain about BB the past few weeks AT ALL.

- He's making terrific decisions when a play he wants isn't there
- His accuracy has been really good
- He seems to be much more confident (I believe because there's not as much pressure to perform as in previous years, because the defense CONTINUALLY forces punts or makes big plays on the opponent's offense. His game has really escalated due to this)

We've seen many times over the years when a team has a stellar defense, good rushing game, QB playing smart and accurate, and a terrific kicking game,, they've made it to Superbowls and won them quite often.

With Bortles' current level of play, the sky is the limit for this team.

I was thinking about drafting a QB in the first round. Now, I am thinking, draft a TE with the first pick, then a guard in the second round, then maybe a QB.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2017, 12:54 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Time to accept he’s a good qb. The game has slowed down, he understands the game and his mechanics and cleaner. He looks like a completely different qb. That’s not to say he’s done enough to be considered a top qb yet, but he is a franchise guy that you can build around.

The patience has payed off and we are only seeing the surface being scratched. I was a believer and then he faultered. Once we stuck with him I supported him but didn’t have faith. All he has done this year is win and when it’s time to turn it on he has gone to another level. That’s what telling, he is playing great in the big games when the stakes are high. He’s gotten better as the season has gone on and he playing better week after week when it time to win games that matter. He doesn’t get rattled and you can tell he has realized he ability.

It’s like when Neo became the one and he dodged the agents punch and looked back at him then started blocking all of his punches with one hand lol. The game is slow for him now and it’s apparent

What if I told you in August (when Henne was ostensibly competing to start) that Blake would post three games with a rating over 100 in Nov/December - featuring 7 TDs and zero interceptions? And that he'd do it throwing to Keelan Cole, Dede Westbrook, and a 170 pound punt returner who was cut from 3 teams this season?

The kid has gotten hot, and he's done it at the perfect time.
I really hope he can keep it up. It's looking more and more like it's not a fluke.

I still believe that Hackett (and Marrone by extension) have done smart work in lmiting his mistakes, but they've clearly gained more trust in him of late and he's making efficient use of the freedom to be more aggressive.

I supported him for so long then lost faith in him earlier this year. I'm glad I'm wrong.

Blake Bortles turned super saiyan in time for the playoffs. love it.

Bortles is now the frumpy girlfriend you stuck with all those years and as soon as you break it off with her she goes and gets super hot and makes you question life.

Touche' Bortles...

(12-18-2017, 01:41 PM)Kane Wrote: Bortles is now the frumpy girlfriend you stuck with all those years and as soon as you break it off with her she goes and gets super hot and makes you question life.

Touche' Bortles...
Yea except Blake is still our GF. Now if he was doing this on another team? Your analogy is spot on.

(12-18-2017, 01:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 01:41 PM)Kane Wrote: Bortles is now the frumpy girlfriend you stuck with all those years and as soon as you break it off with her she goes and gets super hot and makes you question life.

Touche' Bortles...
Yea except Blake is still our GF. Now if he was doing this on another team? Your analogy is spot on.
Yeah I was just referencing the many fans, including myself, who defended Bortles for 3.25 seasons, and then decided he was no good just in time for him to show us different.

Bortles is playing off the spider charts this year! Establishing himself as a top 10 quarterback in the league. As a respected member of the underground scouting community I can confidently say we are seeing a star emerge before our eyes. Go Jags!

He is now the 14th ranked QB on the year according to PFF.

He has progressed as the year went on so I don't think its a stretch to say he is top 10 right now.

The problem is he plays better without Fournette. 3 of his 4 best games this year were the 3 Fournette was out.

(12-18-2017, 05:32 PM)myrick31 Wrote: The problem is he plays better without Fournette. 3 of his 4 best games this year were the 3 Fournette was out.

Proof that he understands the offense is in his hands and it is on him to make it work. With a back like Fournette he can rest on his laurels and easily follow a script. Without Fournette he has to be sharper to make up for the run game deficiencies.

We are seeing the growth and maturation of our own franchise QB.

We've waited a long time for this.
Signature goes here.

Happy for bortles. He is finally getting some love after all those F bombs. He deserves this playoff run as much as the fans.