Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles is driving me nuts.

Looked to me like the LB is coming under Linder as well. I'm not sure that play was going anywhere.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

ABBB - Anything but Blake Bortles.

Regards,

SpacebrainJag
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(01-08-2018, 02:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 12:37 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Some of the ugliest QB play I’ve ever seen. Ugh

I forgot to mention that the off-target screen to Ivory was a major screw-up as the play was well designed and wisely called. 
We had just gotten the ball on buffalo's side of the field via turnover and if Ivory had gained positive yards but come up short we'd have likely been in field goal range.  Instead - we're punting from the 38. (55 yard FG)  Right on outer the edge of Lambo's range. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

That ball, if well placed, could have worked whether Ivory went outside of cut back inside with it. Omameh is about to pick up the only defender by the sideline, and inside is wide open.

It was the wind. There’s no way a superstar QB like BB5 can that far off target on a screen without something else causing it, or maybe it was Ivory giving up on the route. No way that’s Blake’s fault.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

It looks like Ivory should have kept running and Blake thought he was going to as well.

(01-08-2018, 03:09 PM)old_man Wrote: It looks like Ivory should have kept running and Blake thought he was going to as well.

Blake may have thought Ivory was going to go to his left, but I don't see anything that indicates he was supposed to. 
Could be miscommunication I guess, but looked like just a clumsy pass to me.  Chris looks like he's planting his right foot and turning his left shoulder and hip back to the inside to get the ball - but the ball is delivered well right of him and he has to lunge that way. 

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2018, 03:39 PM by JAGFAN88.)

(01-08-2018, 03:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 03:09 PM)old_man Wrote: It looks like Ivory should have kept running and Blake thought he was going to as well.

Blake may have thought Ivory was going to go to his left, but I don't see anything that indicates he was supposed to. 
Could be miscommunication I guess, but looked like just a clumsy pass to me.  Chris looks like he's planting his right foot and turning his left shoulder and hip back to the inside to get the ball - but the ball is delivered well right of him and he has to lunge that way. 

looks like he was throwing it to the spot behind the blockers(screen) where ivory should have been. when he saw ivory stopped looks like he tried to pull it back but couldnt. but im sure everone will see it 20 different ways

not sure what ivory was doing but if he had moved left behind the blockers he would have had a good run to the outside

If you notice, it's a wobbling duck of a throw before it's even halfway there.

Bortles is also falling back as he's jump-passing the ball.

But yeah,, it's all Ivory s fault.

(01-08-2018, 12:07 PM)Kane Wrote:

I came here just to find your excuse for Bortles poor play.
Wind...

So we have
WRs are no good
WRs are good but drop the ball
OL is no good
OL is good but run game still sucks
Play calling
Sand bagging
Defense wasn't perfect
STs wasn't perfect
AND 
Wind.

Did I miss anything?

^^ That's awesome! I was curious if someone had an actual list of spaceheads excuses. Thank you.

The only thing that it's missing is the "Defense PPG,, Defense PPG" line. Sacksonville has put a huge monkey wrench on that this season. But you know space has just been dying to use it!

(01-08-2018, 04:31 PM)jagherd Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 12:07 PM)Kane Wrote:

I came here just to find your excuse for Bortles poor play.
Wind...

So we have
WRs are no good
WRs are good but drop the ball
OL is no good
OL is good but run game still sucks
Play calling
Sand bagging
Defense wasn't perfect
STs wasn't perfect
AND 
Wind.

Did I miss anything?

^^ That's awesome! I was curious if someone had an actual list of spaceheads excuses. Thank you.

The only thing that it's missing is the "Defense PPG,, Defense PPG" line. Sacksonville has put a huge monkey wrench on that this season. But you know space has just been dying to use it!

Ahhh yeah I forgot the excuses of yesteryear, the defense is terrible.
Now it's borderline elite so that excuse is long gone.

(01-08-2018, 03:38 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 03:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Blake may have thought Ivory was going to go to his left, but I don't see anything that indicates he was supposed to. 

looks like he was throwing it to the spot behind the blockers(screen) where ivory should have been. when he saw ivory stopped looks like he tried to pull it back but couldnt. but im sure everone will see it 20 different ways

not sure what ivory was doing but if he had moved left behind the blockers he would have had a good run to the outside

Looked to me like he was "sitting down in space" as you so commonly hear it described from analysts.  If you watch/focus on Ivory's left shoulder and hip it's easy to see the moment that he does so. Then he has to lunge to his right for the out of reach ball.

(01-08-2018, 04:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 03:38 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: looks like he was throwing it to the spot behind the blockers(screen) where ivory should have been. when he saw ivory stopped looks like he tried to pull it back but couldnt. but im sure everone will see it 20 different ways

Looked to me like he was "sitting down in space" as you so commonly hear it described from analysts.  If you watch/focus on Ivory's left shoulder and hip it's easy to see the moment that he does so. Then he has to lunge to his right for the out of reach ball.
"Sitting down in space" refers to the space between zone coverages. Not relevant in a screen pass.

Just looking at how the linemen were blocking tells me Ivory was expected to be further outside.

(01-08-2018, 05:03 PM)Predator Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 04:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Looked to me like he was "sitting down in space" as you so commonly hear it described from analysts.  If you watch/focus on Ivory's left shoulder and hip it's easy to see the moment that he does so. Then he has to lunge to his right for the out of reach ball.
"Sitting down in space" refers to the space between zone coverages. Not relevant in a screen pass.

Just looking at how the linemen were blocking tells me Ivory was expected to be further outside.

Yes - that's how /when I hear it used most often - but it's also used for plays in the flats - and it seems applicable here to me as well. A screen is - after all - designed to get the ball to the receiver/runner "in space,"  and that's where he was. 

If Ivory is suppose to leak out to the left there, then he REALLY screwed up and he clearly made an effort to stay inside. Which is why I'm more inclined to believe that the guy that made 4 or 5 errant short throws on the day simply made another one here.  

Of course it's tough to tell exactly what the play design was without more info, but that's my guess.

(01-08-2018, 05:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 05:03 PM)Predator Wrote: "Sitting down in space" refers to the space between zone coverages. Not relevant in a screen pass.

Yes - that's how /when I hear it used most often - but it's also used for plays in the flats - and it seems applicable here to me as well. A screen is - after all - designed to get the ball to the receiver/runner "in space,"  and that's where he was. 

If Ivory is suppose to leak out to the left there, then he REALLY screwed up and he clearly made an effort to stay inside. Which is why I'm more inclined to believe that the guy that made 4 or 5 errant short throws on the day simply made another one here.  

Of course it's tough to tell exactly what the play design was without more info, but that's my guess.
well a screen is more to get the ball to the reciever behind a wall(screen) of lineman not in space ivory was not supposed to set up in space with no blockers in front of him.

(01-08-2018, 05:18 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 05:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yes - that's how /when I hear it used most often - but it's also used for plays in the flats - and it seems applicable here to me as well. A screen is - after all - designed to get the ball to the receiver/runner "in space,"  and that's where he was. 

well a screen is more to get the ball to the reciever behind a wall(screen) of lineman not in space ivory was not supposed to set up in space with no blockers in front of him.

Valid points taken from both of you. I suppose it's possible that Ivory did some improvising there when he shouldn't have.  He sure did have A LOT of space over there to the inside though.  Had he scampered outside around Linder however, it looked like Omameh was going to seal his guy away from the sideline as well. 

Would have been nice to get in FG range there at the least.

(01-08-2018, 05:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 05:18 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: well a screen is more to get the ball to the reciever behind a wall(screen) of lineman not in space ivory was not supposed to set up in space with no blockers in front of him.

Valid points taken from both of you. I suppose it's possible that Ivory did some improvising there when he shouldn't have.  He sure did have A LOT of space over there to the inside though.  Had he scampered outside around Linder however, it looked like Omameh was going to seal his guy away from the sideline as well. 

Would have been nice to get in FG range there at the least.

BB did not throw a good ball there but if ivory was where there he would have caught it. BB has been having trouble throwing screen passes all year just grant tj and 4net have bailed him out with great catches. I believe Tony Romo explainid why his other passes where errant, i put that all on him and coaches for not teaching him about throwing in cross wind. In one sentence Tony explained what happened and how to fix it. With the wind blowing from left to right when you throw right you have to put the point of the ball down or it will sail on you( wich it did). And throwing to the left you have to put the point of the ball up or it dives straight for the ground(which it did) I really liked listening to TOny in the booth was better then the idiots we usually get.

Romo called him out on the wind describing how you combat it. Honestly non wobbly passes that are hung out there will be placed better. Playing pub darts and aiming the ball doesn't get it done. Good news we won.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

If the wind truly was a factor in sunny, mid 50s Jacksonville what in the world should we expect going to Pittsburgh and then New England?

(01-08-2018, 07:42 PM)Upper Wrote: If the wind truly was a factor in sunny, mid 50s Jacksonville what in the world should we expect going to Pittsburgh and then New England?

I think the wind was a slight factor but frankly I think he was nervous as hell at the beginning of the game.  I hope getting a game under his belt can settle his nerves.

(01-08-2018, 07:42 PM)Upper Wrote: If the wind truly was a factor in sunny, mid 50s Jacksonville what in the world should we expect going to Pittsburgh and then New England?

The wind really was howling through parts of that stadium Sunday.  I'm sure it had some effect on the field.  Especially on the wobblers.  The gusts were in the 25-30 mph range.

Someone order Blakey-Poo up a huge bottle of Xanax. He'll need them.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.