Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We should re-sign Poz

The guy has been a machine. I know he gets a lot of heat for coverage ability, but man can he make a tackle. I think his new role fits him well at this point of his career. 

Obviously he's not worth the contract he just had, but a modest deal to keep him around a few more years as insurance would be a great idea I think. 

Plus the guy just deserves some playoff wins.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's one of those lunch pail guys. Good for the locker room.
No pain, no gain.

Yeah if he takes a pay cut I'd re-sign him. On his day he can still do the business and have a big game. At worst a very good situational linebacker.

I think he would do that given this team has playoff potential in the near future. Can never have too many reliable linebackers.

The guy is a tackling machine. He does not miss tackles. And one play he made, where he sniffed out the screen pass, was brilliant. He's not getting a lot of wear and tear in his new role. I hope we can keep him.

I wouldn't mind at a fair price. There's nothing wrong with keeping on veterans, especially those that are still playing at a high level and those that have the leadership qualities Poz has.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

If he wants to continue playing and not retire, then I have no doubt Poz will be back on a team friendly contract. I think it's pretty safe to assume that at this point in his career he isn't going to want to play anywhere else. Add on top of that that we're finally winning and with our abundance of youth it would appear as if we'll be contenders for awhile, that'll make the decision to stay a Jaguar that much easier for him.

Yeah Poz seems like a guy that will play out his twilight years on a friendly contract until he decides to retire. Hard to believe this guy has been with us through thick and thin.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 03:49 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

This defense, especially Telvin, loves the guy. I don’t think Brown is ready to take over yet, so I’m sure he’d re-sign if the contract isn’t a ripoff. His best chance to win is here

Good to see POZ not having to do everything out there. He must be so happy to finally settle into a complimentary role and step in from time to time rather than have to the guy that makes all the tackles, covers the TE, and sometimes the #1 WR under the idiotic Gus defense.

I'm sure he'd rather not start over new somewhere else. He deserves to be here.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I don’t want to see another Daryl Smith situation where a capable
Linebacker is jettisoned only to thrive elsewhere. Poz should retire as a Jag - irrespective of when that day should come.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 06:12 PM by Rockman1966.)

(12-04-2017, 06:01 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: I don’t want to see another Daryl Smith situation where a capable
Linebacker is jettisoned only to thrive elsewhere. Poz should retire as a Jag - irrespective of when that day should come.

Poz had a truly great game yesterday.  Flashes of a younger, more sprite Poz.  We may never see that again (would love to see it, just saying...).
When Daryl Smith left his skills had not diminished, he went on to play at a very high level for years.

I would and I think he would on a team friendly deal as well. Seems like a guy that would probably decide to stay local and cash in on his celebrity status after he retires as well.

Interestingly, Poz was the guy we ultimately landed a year after missing out on Sean Lee in the draft which we reportedly weren't able to trade up ahead of Dallas for. I know Lee is a good player when he's on the field, but given his injury history I'm glad we wound up with Poz. Hard to believe the Bills let him walk in free agency.

(12-04-2017, 04:17 PM)Dakota Wrote: I'm sure he'd rather not start over new somewhere else. He deserves to be here.

I'm pretty sure he'd rather make as much money as possible before he retires.  Yes, I would hope he decides to stay, but if someone offers him more money, he will leave.  I guarantee it, and I wouldn't blame him at all.

2 year, 7 mil?

(12-05-2017, 11:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 2 year, 7 mil?

I think that might be right for a top-notch backup linebacker who could start.

Poz will be 34 next season, and has averaged $5m per year on his current deal. It would not surprise me to see him retire while healthy. The LB position takes a lot of hard shots over a career that can take a toll. If he plays for another 1-2 years, I think he'll stay with the Jags where the arrowing is pointing up with young players and a strong playoff contender. I don't think he'll chase the highest deal.

He has a chance to be a part of an "all-time" defense over a 2-3 year span. You know, one of those defensive units that gets talked about long after their prime days (Seahawks a few years ago,,, early 2000's Bucs,, Ravens,, Broncos,, etc..).

The Jags D looks to be one of those. Heck, they may be even better the next couple years.

Poz will want, and very much deserves to be part of it.
I think he stays, and I'll be glad. He's one of my favorite players in the entire league. He's still solid.

There is no Poz-Island without Poz