Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Things on some seats around the stadium

Anyone know what the cover looking deals were on the seats? I couldn't make out what they said on them.
[Image: 2017-12-04_1116.png]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-04-2017, 12:17 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Anyone know what the cover looking deals were on the seats? I couldn't make out what they said on them.

Had Arenarella.com posted on the top.  In section 125 a person came down in the 4th qtr and took them away.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I was wondering the same thing. And why were they only on a small number of seats? Were they some kind of covering against the sun (which never appeared. I thought I was in Seattle)?

They were gathered up later in the game, but I never understood their purpose. Perhaps I missed an e-mail from the Jaguars. Why wasn't I offered one?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Local company came up with the idea and they're testing them at EverBank. They are personal sun shades that can be rented for games. The team can also place advertising on them to generate additional revenue.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Hmmm, mystery solved then!
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

So the guy in front of any of us can rent one of these things and we have to look over/around/through it? This can't be serious.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(12-04-2017, 07:11 PM)PF* Wrote: So the guy in front of any of us can rent one of these things and we have to look over/around/through it? This can't be serious.

My thoughts exactly...
60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Yeah, we'll see how long these last. I watched a few people in the section in front of us who had someone they were sitting behind with these things. They were constantly adjusting the canopy because it was blocking their view. Seems a little silly when a hat will do the same thing.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(12-04-2017, 07:11 PM)PF* Wrote: So the guy in front of any of us can rent one of these things and we have to look over/around/through it? This can't be serious.

I took the liberty of sitting behind one before kickoff.  I am just a tad under 6' and had no problem seeing over it.  The questions I have was if you have one over your head and in one in front of you how much room do you have, and can you stand straight up or do you have to move forward and out?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 10:40 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Let the fights begin.

This is the dumbest [BLEEP] idea I've see by Shad Khan

We should just suck it up and do what the Dolphins did ....

[Image: stadium_inside.jpg]

[Image: hard-rock-stadium-overhead.jpg]

...or just suck it up and sit in the [BLEEP] sun for a few hours. Bunch of [BLEEP]. It is Florida for Christs sake.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(12-05-2017, 10:51 AM)Jagwired Wrote: ...or just suck it up and sit in the [BLEEP] sun for a few hours. Bunch of [BLEEP]. It is Florida for Christs sake.

Yes - Thank you.  

Considering Packers fans sit in negative 10 degrees wind-chills, I think we can brave the 90 degree games with a hat and some 35 SPF Coppertone Suntan Lotion

(12-05-2017, 10:32 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Let the fights begin.

This is the dumbest [BLEEP] idea I've see by Shad Khan

We should just suck it up and do what the Dolphins did ....

[Image: stadium_inside.jpg]

[Image: hard-rock-stadium-overhead.jpg]

You really think this was his decision?  Really?

Miami's stadium looks like a dumpster fire. Just gross.

It's too sunny.. let's stick a huge rectangle on top of it.

AWESOME! You guys are smart.

(12-05-2017, 10:51 AM)Jagwired Wrote: ...or just suck it up and sit in the [BLEEP] sun for a few hours. Bunch of [BLEEP]. It is Florida for Christs sake.

Normally this is my response but for some it would be medically beneficial to have shade to sit it. For older folks, folks who bring their young kids, etc. 

Ten years ago I'd sit in the front row on the NEZ with my dad and never had an issue with the heat and sun outside of the usual sweatfest. About six years ago I had an episode of heat stroke that has cut in half my ability to tolerate high heat and humidity. I get heat exhaustion super easy now and there is no way I could sit in that stadium early in the season in the full sun. My dad can't go to hot and sunny games now because of meds he's on and he's not one to go sit in some room at the stadium to watch it on a TV. He's old school sit in the stands or why bother.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 02:59 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(12-05-2017, 01:43 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Miami's stadium looks like a dumpster fire. Just gross.

It's too sunny.. let's stick a huge rectangle on top of it.

AWESOME! You guys are smart.

You are right, our version below looks great and will most likely start getting the respect of the Super Bowl Committee.  Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the 2018 Super Bowl and 2018 World Cup get relocated to Jacksonville now that we have those hip umbrella seat devices. 

(12-05-2017, 02:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Normally this is my response but for some it would be medically beneficial to have shade to sit it. For older folks, folks who bring their young kids, etc. 

Ten years ago I'd sit in the front row on the NEZ with my dad and never had an issue with the heat and sun outside of the usual sweatfest. About six years ago I had an episode of heat stroke that has cut in half my ability to tolerate high heat and humidity. I get heat exhaustion super easy now and there is no way I could sit in that stadium early in the season in the full sun. My dad can't go to hot and sunny games now because of meds he's on and he's not one to go sit in some room at the stadium to watch it on a TV. He's old school sit in the stands or why bother.

I'm with you on this, I spent much of half of the home games looking for a cool spot on the concourses to forestall heat exhaustion, watching the games on the TVs. One nice usher once let me sit right by the open door to the Terrace Plaza section for a few moments of blessed relief during one particularly grueling September game. I always seemed to forget those times when renewing my season tickets, however, but learned to share the early season game tickets with friends.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I can't tell much from the picture- I think it must be attached to the seat, correct? It looks too big to be wearable. Does it move with the person? Does he bump his head when he jumps up? If I spill beer on it, does it roll down his neck?

Seriously, there's not a lot of clearance anyway. You get a guy with a big head or big hair and just that is a problem.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(12-05-2017, 05:34 PM)PF* Wrote: I can't tell much from the picture- I think it must be attached to the seat, correct? It looks too big to be wearable. Does it move with the person? Does he bump his head when he jumps up? If I spill beer on it, does it roll down his neck?

Seriously, there's not a lot of clearance anyway. You get a guy with a big head or big hair and just that is a problem.

The clamp is more clearly shown on the device which is a few rows behind the couple that is sitting on the pic.

Regarding beer spillage, since I'm very careful not to spill my beer unless it's being thrown at an obnoxious opposing fan, I may need to revert to spilling a little refillable lemonade @ the $3 per cup refill rate if the people in front of me ever shows up with these.  Heck, it may even serve as a table for my chili cheese dogs  !!!

My wife and I kept up with a formula for the September 1:00 games that has worked for several seasons.

We have a couple of towels (had to be replaced this season) that were "giveaways" several years back (Winn Dixie Jaguars "terrible towels").  They were teal and had the Jaguars logo as well as a couple of other sponsors.

What we do is wet them in advance, stick them in a ziploc bag full of ice and freeze them the night before a game.  Walk into the game with them (it's allowed) and in the heat while the ice melts, the towels are cooled off.  Take one out of the ziploc if you're getting heated up and place it over your head or around you neck.  Keep in mind, you are going to get wet, but it does cool you off.

When the ice melts out of the bag, go to your friendly beverage vendor, purchase something to drink and ask them for more ice.  They will gladly fill your ziploc and you're in business for the second half of the game.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.