Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
McAdoo Out in NY

Ben McAdoo fired from the Giants today.  Should we go get him?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-04-2017, 12:38 PM)copycat Wrote: Ben McAdoo fired from the Giants today.  Should we go get him?

Absolutely!

It is amazing to me how any person could look at Tom Coughlin and what he accomplished and then look at Ben McAdoo and think "Hey! There's an upgrade!"
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Should have happened sooner in my opinion. Had no business wearing a headset that wasn’t blaring the Spice Girls!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 12:54 PM by JackCity.)

In 28 games as Giants HC McAdoo never got them to score 30 points or more on offense.

As an offensive mind his resume so far is "Coaching Aaron Rodgers". Hard pass.

(12-04-2017, 12:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: In 28 games as Giants HC McAdoo never got them to score 30 points or more on offense.  

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...0097812480

GM is out too. Time to block all calls coming from the NY metropolitan area.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

This probably means Eli is more likely to stay in New York.

(12-04-2017, 12:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: In 28 games as Giants HC McAdoo never got them to score 30 points or more on offense.  

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...0097812480

Still a better record than  Bus Gladley!!!      Banana
My sig goes here!

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 02:04 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(12-04-2017, 12:38 PM)copycat Wrote: Ben McAdoo fired from the Giants today.  Should we go get him?

I'd let Bob McAdoo coach my NFL team before I'd even let Ben McAdoo close to the building.

[Image: Bob-McAdoo-Buffalo-Braves-5-600x450.jpeg]

Congrats on breaking Mannings streak. Idiots.

Wow, with as often as he suspended his defensive backs, you'd think he'd have had the complete support of his players.

Ya know what's real bad about this... the owner in some capacity gave the green light to bench Eli to see what they had in the young guys, whether a green light from the GM/HC choice, or I've even heard it was a decision that came from the top to the HC....

Either way... NOW the owner is cutting ties with the guys he instructed or agreed with in benching Eli Manning.

I'm not trying to prop up McAdon't or Reese... I think Reese did a horrible job building a proper team around an aging Eli and I think McAdon't was just a mistake period.
But this stinks like the owner tried something and it went so poorly he's throwing his HC and GM under the bus.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 03:08 PM by I am Yoda.)

Karma, baby.

The duo that betrayed Coughlin two years ago betrayed Eli Manning. Sad part is the owners were in on it too. But, hey. Good riddance!
[Image: giphy.gif]

Should have fired him before he screwed up Manning's consecutive start streak if you were going to do it anyway.

What a crock. He coached that team to a playoff berth last year and now all the sudden he’s a terrible coach? He’s taking the fall for a bad GM and idiot owner.

(12-04-2017, 04:40 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: What a crock. He coached that team to a playoff berth last year and now all the sudden he’s a terrible coach? He’s taking the fall for a bad GM and idiot owner.

No he's just a bad coach
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(12-04-2017, 04:40 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: What a crock. He coached that team to a playoff berth last year and now all the sudden he’s a terrible coach? He’s taking the fall for a bad GM and idiot owner.

No, he's actually a bad coach. He's had some Bradley-esque moments, and his whole "I love you, I love you, you're suspended," routine with defensive backs earlier this year was laughable. Manning's benching just got him out the door a few weeks ahead of schedule.

Eh... I don't think McAdoo had much to do with that playoff run last year honestly. I don't think losing OBJ should have hindered them this much this season, Hell we lost AR15 and don't look as inept.

I put a lot of their problems on Reese. But agree about Mara using him as a fall guy.
But he was an easy fall guy cuz seemingly he didn't have HC stuff. Didn't seem to handle media and personnel very well, imo.

Bad coach exposed by his GM and ownership. Coach and GM gotta go cuz... well owners don't fire themselves lol

I wonder if they're looking at Jeff Fisher as a replacement. From bad to mediocre.

Only team that should consider Fisher is the Browns. Cause if he can string together 2 7+ seasons for them, it'd be like a super bowl. for Cleveland.

Let the saban rumors fly!
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."