Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2.2 Million New Jobs Since Election

Trump Jobs Numbers Out: Unemployment at 17 year Low, 2.2 Million New Jobs Since Election, More Americans Working than Ever!

President Trump’s Economy is Simply “On Fire”.

Job numbers released today through the end of November show an increase of 2.2 million jobs since last years election and an unemployment rate of 4.1 percent. After the same period under Obama, (4.8) million jobs were lost and unemployment skyrocketed to 9.9 percent!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/12/...er-before/
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cue the left claiming this as an Obama victory. It's laughable to think a man that has never run a successful business or had anything to do with an economy could improve anything. This is 100% Trump. I hate the guy but the guy knows business.

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-BUSH!!!!!!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-08-2017, 12:36 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Trump Jobs Numbers Out: Unemployment at 17 year Low, 2.2 Million New Jobs Since Election, More Americans Working than Ever!

Job numbers released today through the end of November show an increase of 2.2 million jobs since last years election and an unemployment rate of 4.1 percent. After the same period under Obama, (4.8) million jobs were lost and unemployment skyrocketed to 9.9 percent!

Are you alleging that Obama was responsible for the 2008 financial crisis that caused the worst recession since the Great Depression?  I gotta throw a flag on that one.

(12-08-2017, 01:10 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 12:36 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Trump Jobs Numbers Out: Unemployment at 17 year Low, 2.2 Million New Jobs Since Election, More Americans Working than Ever!

Are you alleging that Obama was responsible for the 2008 financial crisis that caused the worst recession since the Great Depression?  I gotta throw a flag on that one.

Nope. The democrat-controlled Congress was for allowing Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to screw us all over by giving poor people loans they couldn't afford.

This explains why democrats and liberals are so pissed. They don't want to work. It interferes with the free crap they are eligible for.

It's remarkable with all the good economic news, Trump isn't more popular. I guess a lot of people are like me- just cannot stand the guy at all. He's like a drunk 13-year-old.

(12-08-2017, 02:40 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: It's remarkable with all the good economic news, Trump isn't more popular.   I guess a lot of people are like me- just cannot stand the guy at all.   He's like a drunk 13-year-old.

Yea, I don't like him at all.. But I think he's good for the country

None of these women, for example, felt comfortable enough under Obama to come forward, yet under a misogynist they do. Weird.

(12-08-2017, 02:40 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: It's remarkable with all the good economic news, Trump isn't more popular.   I guess a lot of people are like me- just cannot stand the guy at all.   He's like a drunk 13-year-old.

He is popular. He will become more popular when tax reform passes and people have a tangible reminder of why he is president.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2017, 04:04 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Let's not forget that the people Trump hired have essentially taken care of ISIS.

(12-08-2017, 03:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

He is popular. He will become more popular when tax reform passes and people have a tangible reminder of why he is president.

His approval rating hovers around 40%, and his disapproval rating hovers around 60%.   And this is without a recession or anything noteworthy going wrong.

(12-08-2017, 01:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 01:10 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Are you alleging that Obama was responsible for the 2008 financial crisis that caused the worst recession since the Great Depression?  I gotta throw a flag on that one.

Nope. The democrat-controlled Congress was for allowing Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to screw us all over by giving poor people loans they couldn't afford.

Oh dear.  This isn't going to compute with regurgitated liberal talking points.

The fact that economic indicators are all pointing in the right direction must be ignored.  Obama spent 8 years never seeing GDP growth even remotely close to 3%.  The current economy since his departure is going to blow a hole in that streak.  Unemployment is at record lows.  Manufacturing jobs are way up.  None of this is good news if you happen to like hugging trees, avoiding gender or race identification, or think the government should take care of you for life.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(12-08-2017, 04:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 03:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: He is popular. He will become more popular when tax reform passes and people have a tangible reminder of why he is president.

His approval rating hovers around 40%, and his disapproval rating hovers around 60%.   And this is without a recession or anything noteworthy going wrong.

His approval ratings are actually above 45%, and trending upward over the past couple of weeks.

Why do you think some left-leaning networks have issued fake news stories over the past week?  They're desperate to keep any good news from slipping out on their airwaves.  People are starting to see this for what it is, and with all of the good things that have been happening with the economy, it's getting hard to bury all of that and continue to pound on Trump to keep the polling numbers down.  Interestingly enough, none of the mainstream media outlets are talking about Trump's numbers going up, so I guess I can forgive you for not knowing this.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(12-08-2017, 01:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This explains why democrats and liberals are so pissed. They don't want to work. It interferes with the free crap they are eligible for.

Conservatives want to act like the economy suddenly got good when Trump got elected. The reality is that going into 2008, the economy was in the worst shape it had been since the Great Depression.  The fact is that the U.S. added 2.2 million jobs in 2016, on top of 2.7 million jobs gained in 2015, (source: Bureau of Labor Statistics). In addition, there was a growth of at least 2 million jobs in each of President Obama’s last six years in office, and prior to Trump taking office, there had been 75 consecutive months of jobs growth, a modern-day record.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I also think many people are smarter than given credit. What exactly has Trump done? Business cycles are business cycles.

The Donor Appreciation Bill hasn't yer passed. Then StroudCroud will be very pleased. He always wants the oligarchs to be happy.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(12-08-2017, 05:25 PM)FBT Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 04:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: His approval rating hovers around 40%, and his disapproval rating hovers around 60%.   And this is without a recession or anything noteworthy going wrong.

His approval ratings are actually above 45%, and trending upward over the past couple of weeks.

Why do you think some left-leaning networks have issued fake news stories over the past week?  They're desperate to keep any good news from slipping out on their airwaves.  People are starting to see this for what it is, and with all of the good things that have been happening with the economy, it's getting hard to bury all of that and continue to pound on Trump to keep the polling numbers down.  Interestingly enough, none of the mainstream media outlets are talking about Trump's numbers going up, so I guess I can forgive you for not knowing this.

From the same article you linked:

"Trump often touts polls showing approval ratings in his favor while blasting other polls as “fake” or wrong." 

You're doing the exact same thing.  

I'm going by the Realclearpolitics average of many different polls:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls...-6179.html

(12-08-2017, 10:26 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:

I also think many people are smarter than given credit. What exactly has Trump done? Business cycles are business cycles.

The Donor Appreciation Bill hasn't yer passed. Then StroudCroud will be very pleased. He always wants the oligarchs to be happy.

Business cycles? Listen to yourself for crying out loud. Are you kidding or serious? I can't tell.

(12-09-2017, 10:15 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 10:26 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: I also think many people are smarter than given credit. What exactly has Trump done? Business cycles are business cycles.

Business cycles? Listen to yourself for crying out loud. Are you kidding or serious? I can't tell.

Well, Sean, if you weren't such the Trump apologist (have you dyed your hair yet?), you'd understand that that while a few people or agencies can affect the economy (primarily the Fed) there is very little the president can do. Kind of like an NFL QB, always getting too much credit or blame. Congress can do some things, but Donald is to disinterested to know or care.

I suspect you may know this, but you are so locked in to your slavish devotion to the rich that you're to embarrassed to acknowledge it. But it's fun to watch you continually bend over.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Swing and a miss! Amazing how many people don’t understand basic economics. Government intervention to include Pres. policy has been impacting disequilibrium since gold was put to the side. Funny how some will claim Obama turned the economy around with “trickle down”, but Trumps policies and actions mean squat.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I don't think people know or remember just how unemployment findings are calculated. I used to think it was great when unemployment numbers went up until I researched how "They" come to those numbers. It's almost like statistics; they are easily manipulated depending on the questions asked and the demographic, socioeconomic status, race, gender, political affiliation, etc., of the folks they're polling. 

If more people are indeed employed then that's great. But that's not always the case when it comes to how unemployed information is gathered.