Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Roy Moore Accuser Admits to Forging Yearbook

(12-09-2017, 12:31 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 11:09 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: What the hell are you talking about? You came to a thread about Moore and turned it into a strawman about Hillary then complain when someone says the accuser is a liar. Nothing you said was relevant to the conversation. 

You're the most predictable person on the board... almost equal to JaguarsWoman. You beat on the same drums every time in every conversation.

You immediately pivot to Hillary and I'm the one deflecting and being predictable? Yeah, right.

I don't blame you for being embarrassed by having to defend Moore. But this is what you've signed on for. Good luck.

You brought Hillary into this conversation or did you forget?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-09-2017, 11:02 PM)rollerjag Wrote: So Moore gets in his tighty-whiteys to lay down beside a 14 in her underwear and fondle her, but somehow this woman's lies casts doubt on the other woman?

Got it.

Quote:There’s a special place in hell for people who prey on children. I’ve yet to see a valid explanation and I have no reason to doubt the victims’ [of Roy Moore] accounts
- Ivanka Trump

Rightly or wrongly, when one accuser among several is found to be lying, then that casts doubt on all of them. Most were 16 at the time, which was not illegal back then. I believe only one was supposedly 14 at the time while the fake yearbook woman claimed to be 16 and was assaulted, so that's two actual crimes. Now one of the two is a proven liar, so we're talking about 50% of the accusers of illegal activity already shown to be liars.

That doesn't mean he didn't do what she claimed, but it does mean that at least part of her story was a lie. Personally I don't think all of them are lying.

Since he hasn't been charged, much less convicted, he has every right to run for the Senate and be judged by Alabama voters. What happens if he's elected is another matter.[font=Arial] At least he didn't drive off the road drunk and leave any of them underwater in his car to die.[/font]

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(12-11-2017, 05:05 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(12-09-2017, 11:02 PM)rollerjag Wrote: So Moore gets in his tighty-whiteys to lay down beside a 14 in her underwear and fondle her, but somehow this woman's lies casts doubt on the other woman?

Got it.

Rightly or wrongly, when one accuser among several is found to be lying, then that casts doubt on all of them. Most were 16 at the time, which was not illegal back then. I believe only one was supposedly 14 at the time while the fake yearbook woman claimed to be 16 and was assaulted, so that's two actual crimes. Now one of the two is a proven liar, so we're talking about 50% of the accusers of illegal activity already shown to be liars.

That doesn't mean he didn't do what she claimed, but it does mean that at least part of her story was a lie. Personally I don't think all of them are lying.

Since he hasn't been charged, much less convicted, he has every right to run for the Senate and be judged by Alabama voters. What happens if he's elected is another matter.[font=Arial] At least he didn't drive off the road drunk and leave any of them underwater in his car to die.[/font]

If he had (and had a D by his name) then no one would care.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Decency won tonight. Thanks, Alabama.

A buffoon beats a sack of [BLEEP]. Great win for humanity!

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 11:58 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Works out for R in long run. Dems can't run smear campaign and Puppet Jones essentially keeps seat warm for a bit. Plus, tax reform passes before this guy is even seated. Good night for GOP overall.

(12-12-2017, 11:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Works out for R in long run. Dems can't run smear campaign and Puppet Jones essentially keeps seat warm for a bit. Plus, tax reform passes before this guy is even seated. Good night for GOP overall.

In a way you might or might not have intended, you may be right.   Ultimately, this civil war within the Republican Party has to end if the Republicans are going to hold onto power.  Trump supported Luther Strange, who would have won in a landslide.   Steve Bannon was the one who propelled Roy Moore into victory in the primary.  So Moore's defeat was a defeat for Steve Bannon, who needs to go away if the Republicans are going to end this civil war within the party. 

And if Bannon wants to keep this up, he needs to learn, candidate quality matters.  Not just being "anti-establishment."  It has to actually be a quality candidate.  Even aside from the child molesting, Moore was a wacko.  It's really amazing that a Republican could lose a senate seat in Alabama.  But it happened because of Steve Bannon.  The whole alt-right movement garbage isn't going to work.  The Republicans have to regain control of their party and nominate more mainstream candidates, because the Democrats seem determined to lurch farther and farther to the left.

(12-12-2017, 11:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Works out for R in long run. Dems can't run smear campaign and Puppet Jones essentially keeps seat warm for a bit. Plus, tax reform passes before this guy is even seated. Good night for GOP overall.

If you spun any more hot air, we'd have to change your name to Turbofan.

(12-13-2017, 09:11 AM)TJBender Wrote:

+1.

(12-13-2017, 09:11 AM)TJBender Wrote:

Meh, this is very much like the Scott Brown win a few years back. Once the general happens that seat probably goes back to a typical Repub candidate, so it's just a guy keeping the seat warm.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-13-2017, 10:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 09:11 AM)TJBender Wrote: If you spun any more hot air, we'd have to change your name to Turbofan.

Meh, this is very much like the Scott Brown win a few years back. Once the general happens that seat probably goes back to a typical Repub candidate, so it's just a guTh

For a lot of people, maybe including me, that's just fine.  As long as that religious extremist, bigot, and child molester Roy Moore isn't in the US Senate, and as long as Steve Bannon will quit trying to hijack the Republican Party.  A lot of people, including me, will gladly support reasonable, qualified Republican candidates.  But never a guy like Roy Moore.  Even Richard Shelby said he wouldn't vote for Roy Moore.  It's ridiculous the guy was even in the race to begin with. 

The Republicans are much better off with last night's result than if Moore had won.  If he had won, that would have been a running sore on the back of the Republican Party.  Either they seat this accused child molester, or they refuse to seat him and all hell breaks out inside the party. 

Every decent Republican should thank GOD Moore didn't get elected.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 10:49 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Personally, I can't stand the extreme right or the extreme left.

21st Century America won last night.

(12-13-2017, 10:48 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Personally, I can't stand the extreme right or the extreme left.

21st Century America won last night.

I agree with all of that. 

Sadly, there is no place in politics for a moderate any more.   Everyone seems to join a team, pledge eternal loyalty no matter what, demonize the other side, and close their ears and eyes to anything that might make them uncomfortable or challenge their assumptions.   Any news or article that brings any facts that might challenge their beliefs is immediately labeled fake news.  And then they go search for facts to refute it.  There are very few open minds any more.

The democratic playbook just got updated for all upcoming elections.

Does Stuart Smalley officially resign now?

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2017, 08:25 AM by The Real Marty.)

(12-13-2017, 01:05 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The democratic playbook just got updated for all upcoming elections.

If they base their playbook on this election, it'll be: hope the Republicans nominate a far-right wacko who molests little girls, thinks gays should go to jail, and who thinks things were much better when we had slavery.    And then hope the fellow Republican senator from the same state tells everyone to vote for someone else.   That's the "winning strategy" they can take from this election. 

What is really mind-boggling is that 48% of the voters actually voted for Roy Moore.   That tells me that any decent Republican candidate would have gotten 70% of the vote.

And how can we update the Republican playbook for upcoming elections?  Get rid of Steve Bannon.

(12-15-2017, 07:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 01:05 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The democratic playbook just got updated for all upcoming elections.

If they base their playbook on this election, it'll be: hope the Republicans nominate a far-right wacko who molests little girls, thinks gays should go to jail, and who thinks things were much better when we had slavery.    And then hope the fellow Republican senator from the same state tells everyone to vote for someone else.   That's the "winning strategy" they can take from this election. 

What is really mind-boggling is that 48% of the voters actually voted for Roy Moore.   That tells me that any decent Republican candidate would have gotten 70% of the vote.

And how can we update the Republican playbook for upcoming elections?  Get rid of Steve Bannon.

Replace Moore with Hillary and a few of those details and you have the 2016 election.

(12-15-2017, 07:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Let me preface this by saying I am not implying Moore isn't a scum-bucket, but the democratic playbook going forward will be finding women to come forward on candidates because it dominates the news cycle. Let's be honest with ourselves here.... how long was Moore in office before this surfaced?

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2017, 11:09 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I think the GOP took a page out of the DEMs book.  Let's nominate a candidate that makes threir own party cringe.  Fortunately, for the them (GOP), their stakes were a lot lower.

(12-15-2017, 11:07 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I think the GOP took a page out of the DEMs book.  Let's nominate a candidate that makes threir own party cringe.  Fortunately, for the them (GOP), their stakes were a lot lower.

Ehh, I think the majority of republicans are upset with Mitch on this one. Hopefully it is a lesson learned.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2017, 11:36 AM by TJBender.)

(12-15-2017, 11:23 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 11:07 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I think the GOP took a page out of the DEMs book.  Let's nominate a candidate that makes threir own party cringe.  Fortunately, for the them (GOP), their stakes were a lot lower.

Ehh, I think the majority of republicans are upset with Mitch on this one. Hopefully it is a lesson learned.

I think the majority of Republicans are upset with McConnell for a lot of reasons, not least of which is that he's completely failed to marginalize Bannon and bring Trump back to the establishment, and he's proven totally ineffective at getting stuff done.