Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles was brilliant today

Love this guy's attitude and always have. In the postgame presser they asked why the last couple games have been so chippy and if it was due to the team's attitude. He said something like,

"Yeah, that's part of it. But also I think people don't expect to lose to the Jaguars like that. And we've learned we don't have to take stuff from anybody. We just dominated you for 60 minutes, you don't get to talk."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The QBs who take a while to develop, while gradually getting better, end up with better careers in the long term

These flash in the pan QBs do not have a long shelf life.

Wonder if we can break the west coast curse and win at San Francisco.

Bortles best performance as a Jaguar.

He's getting better as the season rolls on, and he's doing it without his two best receivers (A-Rob and Hurns). The man's learned to play.

I'm so pleased to have seen this Blake tonight.

He's been showing signs of this all season. I hope he can continue it and develop into the QB we all wanted him to be.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(12-10-2017, 09:57 PM)TJBender Wrote: He's getting better as the season rolls on, and he's doing it without his two best receivers (A-Rob and Hurns). The man's learned to play.

I so, so, so hope this is true.

He is doing this with 2 starting rookie WR, rookie RB, and rookie LT. I hope he keeps it up. All 3 rookies had a TD and Cam had a damn good game

Blake Bortles.............franchise quarterback.

yeah his touch in recent weeks has been STELLAR! The only throw I wish he'd stop making are those throws on out and drag routes to the sideline when the receiver has made NO separation.

We really need a reliable TE threat

Above all else he was amazingly poised.

(12-10-2017, 10:06 PM)MojoKing Wrote: yeah his touch in recent weeks has been STELLAR! The only throw I wish he'd stop making are those throws on out and drag routes to the sideline when the receiver has made NO separation.

We really need a reliable TE threat

The one to Westbrook would have been good if he placed it over the top
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He's beginning to stack good games together. That's big. If he gets hot then look out. The best part of the last two weeks is that the footwork looks great and your seeing spirals not ducks. If the ball keeps coming out of his hands like that then he has a chance to be good.

Also, props to the receivers sterling up the last couple weeks. Coles catch was really good, lee made a lot of strong catches westbrook on the fade was ridiculous, and the corps as a whole is stepping up.

Bortles and Lambo get game balls. The offense got it done today. The defense was pretty good but they almost cost us the game sadly. I hope to never see whatever that was again.
No pain, no gain.

What I've noticed about Bortles is that he's playing with poise and confidence. He's comfortable in the pocket, he doesn't make dumb throws when he's flushed out. For the last three and a half years, the game seemed too big for him, but he's caught up and mastered it.

Please keep it up.

But shouldn't he have been cut and traded for Tyrod...

(12-10-2017, 10:30 PM)lastonealive Wrote: But shouldn't he have been cut and traded for Tyrod...

He's such a clear upgrade!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-10-2017, 10:30 PM)lastonealive Wrote: But shouldn't he have been cut and traded for Tyrod...

The same people think Mariota is good lol

He is playing with confidence. The offensive line looked a lot better today we were able to run the ball at an average level. He single-handedly gave us a chance with his legs to beat the Cardinals but the defense blew some more coverage at the end. If we can keep Fournette healthy and get some better offensive line play I am cool with Bortles sticking around. Get rid of Henne though.
No pain, no gain.

His best game as a Jaguar for the second week in a row.

Also, his WRs finally helped him out a bit. I didn’t know what was happening when I saw guys running free in the secondary.