Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles was brilliant today

(12-10-2017, 09:56 PM)JackCity Wrote: Bortles best performance as a Jaguar.

No doubt. Great thing is, you can say probably all his best performances of his career have come this season. He is balling right now, without question.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Starting to remind me of a young Joe Flacco. Just hope he is as hot in the playoffs as a young Joe Flacco.
Signature goes here.

Blake really played great today. Very, very encouraging performance.

Blake's performance today gives our fans legitimate hope that the Jaguars may not need to overpay some free agent quarterback during the off-season. They could also wait until the mid-rounds of the draft to select a developmental quarterback to replace Chad Henne. This would enable the team to grab a tight end and offensive lineman in the first 2 rounds. Upgrading these 2 positions and getting back A. Rob will make the offense much better next season, especially with guys like Westbrook and Cole having their rookie season behind them.

I've been as critcal (realistic) as anyone about Bortles this season but there was no doubt he was in full command of the O this game.

The crow looks delicious in this thread.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

I mean.

I just watched the whole game and I am so fired up. What a great team win.

Special teams had some bad plays and those 2 TDS from Wilson sucked but hey.... GOT THAT W

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2017, 11:33 PM by JagWar84.)

He has thrown virtually just as good in past games as he did today, minus 1-2 more pressured passes with sketchy results on average. But today there was almost no dropped passes.
We have to give credit to our O-line today. This was the most comfortable I've seen Bortles in recent memory. It all starts with the O-line. Outstanding job on their part today. You know it's the O-line stepping up big when we finally get both the passing and run games doing work.

But you're damn skippy, that 75 yarder, season high TD pass (career high too?) today was a DIME. That was an elite pass. Then the touch pass TD was textbook perfect as well.

(12-10-2017, 11:28 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I mean.

Special teams had some bad plays and those 2 TDS from Wilson sucked but hey.... GOT THAT W

We ate that W

hypothetical question. If we do well in the playoffs and make it to the superbowl win or lose. do the haters still want BB5 gone ?

Haha glad it worked out for you.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2017, 11:44 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

(12-10-2017, 11:41 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: hypothetical question. If we do well in the playoffs and make it to the superbowl win or lose. do the haters still want BB5 gone ?

Sure if an upgrade is available lmao.  But when Hit superbowl really arnt.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(12-10-2017, 11:41 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: hypothetical question. If we do well in the playoffs and make it to the superbowl win or lose. do the haters still want BB5 gone ?
Haters? Blake has deserved every bit of hate he’s has gotten.

He has played better this season and the last 2 games are some of the best of his career. Everyone... and I mean everyone is pulling for him because if he plays well, the Jags are almost unbeatable.

(12-10-2017, 10:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: Above all else he was amazingly poised.

Yup. After our special teams turnover on the kickoff return, and the game being tied up subsequently by the Seahawks, it would have been very easy for this less experienced team under Bortles to get rattled, and lose the momentum. Turnovers like that which are so devastating in a close game almost always precipitate critical momentum shifts, but just as you put it, Bortles remained poised and delivered a dime, his longest and arguably best pass of the season, to get us right back on top. Outstanding effort by Cole to carry it to the house.

How can you not love it?

(12-10-2017, 11:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

We ate that W

[Image: Screenshot_20171111-203213.png]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I’m a Bortles critic and not sold on his future yet, but can’t deny he played great today. I hope he keeps it up through the playoffs.

Blake has been spinning it the last 2 games, and he is playing mistake free. There is no doubt he is taking steps in developing as a starting tier NFL QB. 16 TDs with 3 games to go isn't bad at all.

He just has to be consistent and the sky is the limit for this team and for Bortles

BB5 has turned the corner. I'm a believer now. Hat's off and going in all the way raw with this one.

Great Game and Season so far Mr. Bortles.

(12-10-2017, 11:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Haters? Blake has deserved every bit of hate he’s has gotten.

He has played better this season and the last 2 games are some of the best of his career. Everyone... and I mean everyone is pulling for him because if he plays well, the Jags are almost unbeatable.

Couldnt of said it better! THIS ^^