Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Seahawks Game

(12-11-2017, 09:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 09:51 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: They have been susceptible to those coverage handoffs all year.  When you aren't getting touchdowns on the QBs the safeties get picked on.  In all 3 of Wilson's touchdowns, there was area of responsibility mistakes.  You can't play perfect and thankfully we chalked up the W in a big game.

I know in my mind I saw us losing by a point.  These types of wins are big milestones for a young team as they figure it out.
Yea, I'm really confused here as to why Church was in coverage on WRs a lot yesterday. On one play to Baldwin (which actually wasn't a catch) Poz and Church were on him.  Not sure why that is but it's all good. If Telvin were in there, it would have been caught.

Interestingly, on one of the interceptions by Bouye, he was covering the TE.  Which opens the question, who was covering the WRs on that play?  And then one time I saw TE Jimmy Graham line up wide with the WR in the slot, and we had Ramsey on the TE and Poz on the WR.  That's how we lined up on defense.  I think they scored a TD on that play.   Teams watch film and scheme up ways to beat us.  Getting CBs to cover TEs is one way to get LBs and Safeties on WRs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-12-2017, 07:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 09:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yea, I'm really confused here as to why Church was in coverage on WRs a lot yesterday. On one play to Baldwin (which actually wasn't a catch) Poz and Church were on him.  Not sure why that is but it's all good. If Telvin were in there, it would have been caught.

Interestingly, on one of the interceptions by Bouye, he was covering the TE.  Which opens the question, who was covering the WRs on that play?  And then one time I saw TE Jimmy Graham line up wide with the WR in the slot, and we had Ramsey on the TE and Poz on the WR.  That's how we lined up on defense.  I think they scored a TD on that play.   Teams watch film and scheme up ways to beat us.  Getting CBs to cover TEs is one way to get LBs and Safeties on WRs.

Good point however with Smith out there it is a completely different situation.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I have to say that Smoot seems to be improving and flash a bit more during the last few weeks.
On the Ramsey INT he had very good pressure on Wilson affecting his throw and laying a bit hit on him and I've noticed him on a few other plays showing good effort and hustle.
I haven't checked if his snap count has increased but I saw him quite a bit out there against the Seahawks. Hopefully he keeps developing, next season we might have another great piece at the DE position.

(12-12-2017, 09:31 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: I have to say that Smoot seems to be improving and flash a bit more during the last few weeks.
On the Ramsey INT he had very good pressure on Wilson affecting his throw and laying a bit hit on him and I've noticed him on a few other plays showing good effort and hustle.
I haven't checked if his snap count has increased but I saw him quite a bit out there against the Seahawks. Hopefully he keeps developing, next season we might have another great piece at the DE position.
I think Smoot is going to be a pretty good pro. He's learning from one of the best in Campbell and seems to play hard every snap.

Our rookies are really started to breakout here. Fournette, Robinson, Cole, Westbrook, Smoot and Brown? They have all contributed.

I remember during the draft, after the Westbrook selection, I had some misgivings about the pick, not from a talent perspective, but from an off field concern.

I argued that perhaps the team could have taken an OL or a TE at that spot.

Once again, I am glad the team did not listen to me. Westbrook has been important to this offense, and will continue to grow more important as the season progresses.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-12-2017, 09:49 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I remember during the draft, after the Westbrook selection, I had some misgivings about the pick, not from a talent perspective, but from an off field concern.

Once again, I am glad the team did not listen to me.  Westbrook has been important to this offense, and will continue to grow more important as the season progresses.
If the Jags can get a guard TE Andrews from Oklahoma in round 1 and a guard in round 2..... I think you're looking at a pretty potent offense for next season.

(12-12-2017, 09:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think Smoot is going to be a pretty good pro. He's learning from one of the best in Campbell and seems to play hard every snap.

Our rookies are really started to breakout here. Fournette, Robinson, Cole, Westbrook, Smoot and Brown? They have all contributed.

I agree, it seems like this one is turning out to be a great draft class. I also like Smoot attitude and effort, maybe if we are in good position after the next couple of games we'll see more of him in week 17 and rest Campbell a bit.
Talking about the draft class I think It'll also be interesting to see how Myrick will develop, they made it clear at the roster cuts deadline that he wasn't ready but they made an exception because of his speed and they wanted to develop his potential.
When he came in for Ramsey when he was ejected he played well, if he turns to be at least a good rotation guy who can play in nickel formation this class would be even better. (I think Marquez Williams had great potential as a FB but he got injured at the worst possible time and we had to let him go, I read they are developing Hunter Dimick as FB on the practice squad)
Good stuff.

(12-12-2017, 09:51 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 09:49 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I remember during the draft, after the Westbrook selection, I had some misgivings about the pick, not from a talent perspective, but from an off field concern.

Once again, I am glad the team did not listen to me.  Westbrook has been important to this offense, and will continue to grow more important as the season progresses.
If the Jags can get a guard TE Andrews from Oklahoma in round 1 and a guard in round 2..... I think you're looking at a pretty potent offense for next season.

As long as Bortles keeps it up, I think you are right.

Some combo of Nelson/TE  or Andrews/OG would be a dream scenario.

Hopefully this will alleviate some of your concerns on that end, these are the cleats he wore against Indy a couple weeks ago:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21609...nce-cleats

He seems like a kid that has matured and learned from the stupid things he did in the past.

(12-12-2017, 04:00 PM)empty Wrote:

Hopefully this will alleviate some of your concerns on that end, these are the cleats he wore against Indy a couple weeks ago:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21609...nce-cleats

He seems like a kid that has matured and learned from the stupid things he did in the past.
Without even seeing them, my concerns have been alleviated to a certain degree thus far.
I know he's been productive for us, and with each passing game, his selection looks better and better.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!