Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
One for Malik Jackson as well

He has reached a career high with 7 sacks (he set his career high last season too) and 3 forced fumbles (previous career high was 1) and there are 3 games to go.

As he got healthier after the groin injury in the first half of the seasonI think he's started to play better and numbers show he's having another very good season, not as flashy as Calais maybe but he's doing his part and definitely another very good FA signing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 10:29 AM by B2hibry.)

The one arm sack while being held (chokehold) was brilliant.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We could legislatively have four guys with double digit sacks ???
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

The sack at the end of the game when the Seahawks had 3rd and 1 was huge. HUGE

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 10:25 AM by jvillejagsn1.)

(12-11-2017, 10:23 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: We could legitimately have four guys with double digit sacks ???

Lol I hit quote on my phone app. Fail...
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Any chance we keep this guy next year??? I know it was assumed we don't keep him now that we have Dareus but Malik is outstanding.

I don't see why not. We may need to restructure his and Dareus' contracts if we want to make any free agent moves, but he's playing up to his contract and we are still able to afford it until at least 2019.

I look forward to Malik elevating his play even higher as the season ends and into the playoffs
That playoff run he had with the Broncos was a thing of beauty

Not sure why so many on here want to cut one of the best 3 techs in the NFL. His play over the last few weeks has been unreal.

(12-11-2017, 10:43 AM)JackCity Wrote: Not sure why so many on here want to cut one of the best 3 techs in the NFL. His play over the last few weeks has been unreal.

Def do not want to cut Malik. But it seems like it has always been the assumption since we got Dareus. I know we don't have unlimited funds and cant keep EVERYONE. 

I think if it is at all feasible to keep him around 2 more years we should do it.

I like the combo of Malik and Abry/Marcel. The big boys eat blocks and stuff the run allowing Malik to penetrate and flush the QB into Yannick/Calais. To see him getting close to 10 sacks on his own is a testament to how damn good he is. This defense is fierce and only getting better.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

He picked up Wilson like a sack of potatoes.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 11:00 AM by brianmsbc.)

Malik Jackson had the best defensive performance in the NFL for the week:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/nf...ts-defense

(12-11-2017, 10:48 AM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 10:43 AM)JackCity Wrote: Not sure why so many on here want to cut one of the best 3 techs in the NFL. His play over the last few weeks has been unreal.

Def do not want to cut Malik. But it seems like it has always been the assumption since we got Dareus. I know we don't have unlimited funds and cant keep EVERYONE. 

I think if it is at all feasible to keep him around 2 more years we should do it.

I have no idea why this theory gained any steam either. I guess he’s wasn’t leading the conference in sacks like Campbell so he’s no good anymore.

Give him Chad Henne's salary Wink
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

And career high 8 sacks with today's game (and 4 forced fumbles, also career high). Impressive.

(12-17-2017, 09:05 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: And career high 8 sacks with today's game (and 4 forced fumbles, also career high). Impressive.

Absolutely. He is in the conversation for all pro at DT now. One sack behind Geno Atkins for the lead at DT.

(12-17-2017, 09:05 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: And career high 8 sacks with today's game (and 4 forced fumbles, also career high). Impressive.

He's been absolutely dominant.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."