Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So I was watching a gif of that trip when our defender fell down..

That guy is an idiot.  It was a legit Lebron flop.  He was being dumb and trying to get the penalty called, when he coulda just continued running and been uncovered XD XD

No way he was actualy tripped to fall like he did, and if he kept running he would have only missed maybe a step or two, but still been wide open.  He threw that game for a call he didnt even get (luckily) lol!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No one else saw that huh? lol interesting.

(12-11-2017, 11:48 PM)DrNova Wrote: No one else saw that huh? lol interesting.

Lots of us have commented on it, actually. It's no mystery. Colvin 100% pulled an oopsie-daisy play to keep his man from getting open deep. Colvin had a pretty good grab on his jersey, IIRC.

(12-11-2017, 11:53 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 11:48 PM)DrNova Wrote: No one else saw that huh? lol interesting.

Lots of us have commented on it, actually. It's no mystery. Colvin 100% pulled an oopsie-daisy play to keep his man from getting open deep. Colvin had a pretty good grab on his jersey, IIRC.

I'd have to find a clip and watch it again, but I recall Colvin actually sneakily grabbing his foot as well to ensure he went down.

Glad a Non-Call went our way for once, but it really should have been called.  Colvin did the "right" thing in that the penalty is better than letting the WR run free for an easy TD, but it was unquestionably worthy of a flag.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Maybe if you posted the gif you're talking about.....

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 02:57 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Looks like it happened within 5 yards of the LOS and the ball hadn’t been throw. Good no call to me

(12-12-2017, 02:57 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Looks like it happened within 5 yards of the LOS and the ball hadn’t been throw. Good no call to me

Even if it were within 5 yards and the ball not being thrown, defensive holding would have been the call.

I saw it and agree it was actually a flop. Still should have been holding, but he definitely exaggerated the fall.

Here's the clip:

https://twitter.com/3lone/status/940018858651410432

I issue a yellow card for the Flop.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 06:22 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Did somebody say GIF

[Image: 200w.webp#0-grid1]

It was a blown call. But there were a lot of them in the game. We got away with one. No flop.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

refs owe us literally about 50 calls over the last 2 or 3 years alone

i dont even feel remotely bad about it in the SLIGHTEST

(12-12-2017, 06:29 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: refs owe us literally about 50 calls over the last 2 or 3 years alone

Exactly.  It's nice for things to go our way for a change.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

This was just a make up for the mugging Lee took earlier in the game.

(12-12-2017, 06:30 PM)FBT Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 06:29 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: refs owe us literally about 50 calls over the last 2 or 3 years alone

Exactly.  It's nice for things to go our way for a change.

yup

im not arguing that it shouldnt have been a call or anything. What im saying is he shouldnt have fallen. He could have kept running and he would have actually been open. He missed a chance to be a wide open reciever for that dumb flop. Woulda got more yards going out for a catch then he woulda with the penalty

I see what you're saying now. I agree.

Meh, its over now but I honestly think if you call that, its pretty ticky tacky considering the play they let Baldwin get away with on Poz. If that isn't OPI in that game this is not holding to me. It was a physical play, Colvin lost his footing when trying to jam the receiver the the receiver drove him into the ground. I see a good no call there on a physical play where both players lost their footing. Maybe its the homer in me, idk.

On balance, we were getting a raw deal for most of the game. So although they could have thrown a flag on this, the fact that they didn't, when at live speed it probably appeared that Richardson was shoving Colvin down, is just part of the game. We'd still be about 5 bad/missed calls behind at that point anyway.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-13-2017, 07:34 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Meh, its over now but I honestly think if you call that, its pretty ticky tacky considering the play they let Baldwin get away with on Poz. If that isn't OPI in that game this is not holding to me. It was a physical play, Colvin lost his footing when trying to jam the receiver the the receiver drove him into the ground. I see a good no call there on a physical play where both players lost their footing. Maybe its the homer in me, idk.

You are missing the point i was making.  The call isnt the thing I noticed or was pointing out.  Its the opportunity the reciever COULD have had if he hadnt faked getting tripped (because that contact wouldnt have brought ME down, and I'm no athlete)