Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No Punishment for the Seahags Players

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 11:01 PM by SamusAranX.)

Per espn. Just broke the news that the NFL won’t suspend any of them. 

The article even glossed over time that Bennet was trying to hurt our lineman; it said they “wrestled each other”. yeah right! He was trying to deliberately hurt our player. 

What a flipping joke

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

what about a fine?

Shameful but can’t say I’m surprised.

Bennett is a piece of trash either way.

I browsed the Seahawks MB to read their fans' thoughts on the game. Some of their posters do not have a high opinion of Bennett, I don't think he is as popular with the Seattle fans as he thinks he is.

Also, I wish the beer bottle throwing incident never happened. Some of their less-knowledgeable fans are using that incident as a reason to trash J-ville and our fans to make their loss easier to swallow. Kinda like a coping mechanism.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 09:32 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/10/nfl-seah...-cut-block

Bennett last year

“To me it’s a scary, (expletive) move. Honestly, I think if you dive at someone else’s legs, you’re a little (expletive). If you are big in the NFL, you just line up and play — why you got to cut someone on the (expletive) play? I mean, I don’t know. That (expletive) is just stupid to me. Why cut somebody when you can just line up and win? I don’t know. I don’t come off the ball jumping at offensive linemen’s legs. … I think it’s just a [expletive] move, personally.”

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 09:53 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Pete Carroll on Michael Bennett diving into JAX C Brandon Linder's legs well after kneel-down plate at end of game: "That was wrong." #Seahawks
5:10 PM - Dec 11, 2017

Even their coach knows it was wrong but the NFL couldnt see it lol. Sad league and the worst commish in the history of sports.

https://twitter.com/joethomas73/status/9...9898602497

NFL wants a Seahawks/Patriots Super Bowl. Of course they aren't going to suspend Bennett.

(12-11-2017, 10:02 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: NFL wants a Seahawks/Patriots Super Bowl.  Of course they aren't going to suspend Bennett.

That was the contingency plan after Aaron Rodgers got hurt. If GB lucks into a wild card and Rodgers gets healthy enough to come back, the NFL will dump the Hawks

(12-11-2017, 09:29 PM)jaglyn Wrote: I browsed the Seahawks MB to read their fans' thoughts on the game. Some of their posters do not have a high opinion of Bennett, I don't think he is as popular with the Seattle fans as he thinks he is.

Also, I wish the beer bottle throwing incident never happened. Some of their less-knowledgeable fans are using that incident as a reason to trash J-ville and our fans to make their loss easier to swallow. Kinda like a coping mechanism.

From what I have seen Online, the Seahawks fan base is indeed very divided on their opinion of Michael Bennett.  Not many players divide a fan base like Bennett does.

(12-11-2017, 10:02 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: NFL wants a Seahawks/Patriots Super Bowl.  Of course they aren't going to suspend Bennett.

Not after all their injuries. I also think the Patriots, while hated as the evil empire, their national ratings are way down this year. Part of that has been match up, but rooting against the evil empire wears down general NFL fans after a while. Need newish blood.

NFL probably wants a Steelers v. LA Rams. That way the national Steeler fan base is re-energized and you get Los Angeles to support at least one of their teams. If the Chargers also get to the playoffs, the NFL would be ecstatic.

Can’t poo poo on one of the media darlings and Wilson. NFL is ticked because they already had the Man of The Year and MVP plaques engraved.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I watched Around the Horn and Pardon the Interruption yesterday, and all those pundits were calling for the Seattle players to be suspended. (Those shows were taped before it came out that there would be no suspensions, and aired after it was announced there would be no suspensions.)

(12-12-2017, 06:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I watched Around the Horn and Pardon the Interruption yesterday, and all those pundits were calling for the Seattle players to be suspended.   (Those shows were taped before it came out that there would be no suspensions, and aired after it was announced there would be no suspensions.)

As they should have been and I agree with them. There is no reason all ejected players were not suspended, plus Bennett. It is unreal that the only guy ejected for any meaningful time was cancelled out because Jalen was kicked too for nothing but begin blindsided, punched and choked out. Yet somehow he "instigated it". The NFL has set a precedent that will leave you scratching your head. 

- You can't throw a legal hit(JuJu) that hurts someone, because you taunted them you get suspended. What? 
- You can play with a slightly deflated football(Brady) BOTH teams used, and be suspended 4 games for accusations largely proven false. 
- You can be falsely accused of crimes, and be suspended 6 games for it(Zeke), found guilty or not. 
- Yet an actually malicious hit on a defenseless player(Gronk) only gets you 1 game. 
- Shoving someone in the back gets you 1 game(Evans)
-Punch your gf(in self defense, to be fair) on camera, get 2 games. 
-- But, throw punches, roll into knees with intent to injure, use naked choke holds vs the Jaguars and you will not be suspended, bette ryet your player being assaulted gets thrown out too! 

*Just send out a bum player and rock one of our guys illegally. Its Ok, you will have him next week. Literally this has happened in 2 different games now vs us. This is a terrible precedent and its disgusting the NFL has taken this stance when these violations happen vs us. It is mind numbing how Goodell is still the top guy, and just got renewed, there is 0 consistency in suspensions in the NFL and he is the main guy at fault for this.

So our starting Center didn't tear his ACL during the post whistle shenanigans so he is off the hook. Yea that's a great message to send to the players.
No pain, no gain.

Bennett is just a piece of trash, plain and simple... and I base that on his actions, not his words
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Just another "Me" player. He has been a force in the league for a while but he's no better than Suh. Just an alright player with no professionalism whatsoever.
No pain, no gain.

Karma is a you know what.....

May not have been penalized by the league but they are getting abused by the Rams.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Showing their class again...

(12-17-2017, 06:38 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Karma is a you know what.....

May not have been penalized by the league but they are getting abused by the Rams.

This is being seen/read about by a butt ton of people. Oh the shame they must be feeling. Worse than missing a game or a monetary fine I am certain.

(12-17-2017, 07:08 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-17-2017, 06:38 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Karma is a you know what.....

This is being seen/read about by a butt ton of people. Oh the shame they must be feeling. Worse than missing a game or a monetary fine I am certain.

That is funny. Like I post expecting some player to read a fan forum post.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.